May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ok, did you just compare your boyfriend to a DOG :confused:^_^:thumbsup:?? Actually, that makes sense... If I ever find a guy that I enjoy being around more than my cat, he will be a keeper :D.

Yes, yes I did! And it works too :D

It's nice to just be able to be around each other. Like, we don't have to be doing something together or talking. He can be working on his homework, I can be reading for mine, and we can just coexist. Sorta like me and my dog right now. I'm on the computer and reading, he's sleeping, we're both on the bed. Every so often there's some affection and kisses. It's great :p

Reactions: anewday
Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it depends. Sometimes if the person I'm with seems to be more clingy I'll need my space. If it's the opposite, then I'll want to spend more time with them. I've been in both situations in other words. Sometimes I need my space (especially if I'm feeling restricted), and other times I need to be with the other person. It's odd.

Upvote 0

psalmtoday

Oct 12, 2011
✟17,310.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I value my alone time. I don't like someone who is clingly and puts demands on my time. People who are clingly and demanding tend to have control/insecurity issues. There has to be a healthy balance: It's important to spend time with one another and then on the other hand each person should spend time alone.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you someone who needs a lot of space from other people, especially in a relationship? Do you value your time alone or do you have to be around other people all the time?

I need a lot of space and I really value my time alone. I don't fear being alone. It actually recharges me so-to-speak. If I was in a relationship, I don't think I could be with someone who wanted to see me all the time. I think I'd get tired of them. ^_^

This is me 100%.

I really value my alone time, I need my privacy. I love my family and friends to death and I enjoy being around them, but I'm someone with a personality that requires frequent alone time to, as you so perfectly put it, 'recharge'. I believe I'll be the same way while in a relationship as well. My significant other would to understand that's it's them, it's me (it has nothing to do with liking/disliking them). I'm an introvert...and introverts need their alone time. They cannot go without it. Too much time socializing with others or whatever is very, very 'mentally' exhausting, which literally makes you feel as though you need to actually take a nap.

Upvote 0