Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't in any way, shape, or form recommend listening any self proclaimed YouTube prophet. It's better to attend a good church and leave that sort of person well alone.

But, for sound financial advice it's good to have a savings account where you place 10% of your paycheck every payday. This way if you have a real emergency there will be money in the bank account to fall back on.

You never know if you'll find yourself out of work for health reasons and more unforseen difficulties where a savings account will be a godsend. Financial experts recommend having enough in a savings account to support yourself in total for at least 6 months, if not longer. And you begin that 10% at a time. It may not seem like much in the beginning, but it adds up.

That said, no to a secret account. I don't even know what that means.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,789.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I suppose I could understand the "Secret account" as a fall back. I wouldn't expect this to happen in a Christian marriage (at least I hope not), but I've heard of cases where the spouse or partner has cleared out the joint bank accounts and then absconded, leaving the other spouse or partner with nothing, and possibly with children to look after.

I've got no doubt God holds the absconding party to account, and they'll answer for it eventually, but that's not much help to the offended party in the short term.

If a person has an account which nobody else has access to, then at least they've got something to fall back on.

This sort of behaviour reminds me of a comment by my old Presbyterian pastor way back when I was in his church. He said to me once "I truly wonder if there's salvation for conmen! I really do! They tell so many lies that I think they don't know what the truth is themselves after a while."

He'd been a chaplain in a prison ministry at one stage. He said some of the conmen could just about sell you your own shoes off your own feet as they were so convincing. The likes of a bloke like Peter Foster comes to mind. Every time he gets out of jail, he's back in court for perpetuating some other scam. Yet he must have a colossal ability to market and sell.

Peter Foster - Wikipedia

Upvote 0