Need advice about what to do

adviceplease

Oct 1, 2015
✟15,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I think from a practical side that God does not mind you having sperm or an ovary donated.

I would say that one issue is that God meant for a child to have both a mother and father which we know because God wants us to be married before we have sexual intercourse and to be devoted to each other.

I would say that that may be some issue. If you had a strong male role-model who was committed throughout the life of the child to handle that role, that would be good. But it would have to be a serious commitment because God knows that kids need a male in their lives.

I would say that God would also want you to be able to have enough time. Being a single parent is very hard and you do loose time with your child (or you can) so having a good support system for you and the child would be important. Other people who will step up to help.

Good luck to you.
I have been in a relationship a long time with the present partner but he is not a Christian and that is something which affects the relationship. I would much prefer it if he was a Christian and I have spoken to him a lot about Christianity but he isn't interested and this is affecting our relationship. However, at this age, I can't afford to waste more time with putting off having children. He says that he would accept it if I became pregnant and that is something, at least because I don't want to be childless, even though I have tried to accept the idea. I am always depressed and feeling as though I need to do something about it as soon as possible. I am prepared to spend quite a lot of time with the child, so that isn't really a problem. I'd possibly need to work part-time but I've got my family to ask for support if I absolutely need it. However, they are trying to put me off having children but they don't realise how depressed and bitter it's making me feel. They already have children and I see how much this means to them.

Upvote 0