Name the prophecies in the Old Testament about Yeshua

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua Himself is the true Jewish Orthodoxy of Elohim. Of all the verses in the Tanakh it is Isaiah 53 that has been most instrumental in opening Jewish eyes to recognize their true Orthodoxy thanks to the complete Jewish Bible, and as you say ... "that Messiah must be formed in you" in order for what was a secular Jewish or gentile mindset to comprehend true Orthodoxy.

Ephesians 3:17-19 CJB
17 so that the Messiah may live in your hearts through your trusting. Also I pray that you will be rooted and founded in love,
18 so that you, with all God’s people, will be given strength to grasp the breadth, length, height and depth of the Messiah’s love,
19 yes, to know it, even though it is beyond all knowing, so that you will be filled with all the fullness of God.
And in order for that to happen you must recognize that Yeshua is God. Our Messiah Yeshua can not live in our hearts unless He is God. Grasping that the way of the Messiah is the way of our High Priest taking us to the inner sanctum of God's Temple, by spirit, by truth, by service, by example until the Moment of the true Yom Kippur when He takes us to the a-one-ment with Him for all time. Married and becoming one with God forever.

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ephesians 3:14-19
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father:
15 from whom every family in heavens and on earth is named:
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, that you may be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inward man:
17 that Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faithfulness; to the end that you, being rooted and grounded in love:
18 may be fully competent to apprehend together with all the holy ones [of Yisrael] what is the breadth, and length, and height, and depth:
19 to know [both] the surpassing-excellence of the knowledge and the love of Messiah, so that you may be filled unto all the fullness of Elohim.

For by his knowledge are we made right or "justified", (Isaiah 53:11).
:oldthumbsup:
And in order for that to happen you must recognize that Yeshua is God. Our Messiah Yeshua can not live in our hearts unless He is God. Grasping that the way of the Messiah is the way of our High Priest taking us to the inner sanctum of God's Temple, by spirit, by truth, by service, by example until the Moment of the true Yom Kippur when He takes us to the a-one-ment with Him for all time. Married and becoming one with God forever.
:oldthumbsup:

Genesis 1:3
Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14
The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.

Romans 1:16-17
16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile.
17 For in it is revealed how God makes people righteous in His sight; and from beginning to end it is through trust — as theTanakh puts it, “But the person who is righteous will live his life by trust.(Habakkuk 2:4; Proverbs 3:5-6)

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Allow me to edit your reply (in bold) to reflect a more Biblical statement:

And in order for that to happen you must recognize that Yeshua is the Son of God. Our Messiah Yeshua can not live in our hearts unless He is the Son of God. Grasping that the way of the Messiah is the way of our High Priest taking us to the inner sanctum of his Father's Temple, by spirit, by truth, by service, by example until the Moment of the true Yom Kippur when He takes us to the at-one-ment with his Father for all time. Married and becoming one with he and his Father (our God) forever.​

Yom Kippur makes us atone with Yeshua's God, Father YHWH. It does NOT make us at one with the High Priest that is making us at one with the God he is ministering to in the temple.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Of course not. There is only one true God, Yeshua's Father YHWH (John 17:3). Haven't you been reading my posts? Yeshua is not God. He is the "Son of God", a totally separate being. He is not THE Elohim, but an elohim. It is unfortunate that translators rendered the words elohim and theos as "God" when referencing Yeshua. They should have been translated
"mighty one". Also, there is no such phrase in Scripture as "God, the son", or "God the Holy Spirit" for that matter.
He is God in the flesh.... can't get any clearer than that.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey folks, CF Ambassador and Moderator here :wave:
I have just spend quite a while going through this thread.
Firstly it was split into two threads so that the OP can be
honored by naming passages that mention Messiah.
The other thread here is devoted to discussion of those
passages if they do pertain to him or not.

I'd like to request that both
threads stay on topic to their intended
subject and that all rules
are adhered to in both.

Secondly, some posts are missing or edited.
This is because they were either OT
or breaking one of the rules.
If you have any questions about any
of these procedures, please PM me.

Concerning the topic of Messiah being G-d; that is
what is agreed to when posting in this forum
as a believer, please remember that
when forming your posts.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
He is God in the flesh.... can't get any clearer than that.
You are blessed because of your Trust and can truly say like Thomas, "My Lord and my God!" (whereas "a doubting Thomas" is a person who refuses to believe until they are shown proof)

Genesis 1:3
~ Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.

John 1:1 ~ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:9 ~ This was the true light, which gives light to everyone entering the world.

John 1:14 ~ The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.

John 1:18 ~ No one has ever seen God; but the only and unique Son, who is identical with God and is at the Father’s side — He has made Him known. (I AM That I AM)

John 14:8-11
Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it will be enough for us.” Yeshua replied to him, “Have I been with you so long without your knowing Me, Philip? Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? Don’t you believe that I AM united with the Father, and the Father united with me? What I AM telling you, I AM not saying on My own initiative; the Father living in Me is doing His own works. Trust Me, that I AM united with the Father, and the Father united with Me.

John 20:27-28
Then He said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see My hands; and put out your hand, and place it in My side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” Thomas answered Him, My Lord and my God!Yeshua said to him, “Have you trusted because you have seen Me? How blessed are those who do not see, but trust anyway!”

Colossians 2:9
For in Him, bodily, lives the fullness of all that God is

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Genesis 1:1 KJV In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Colossians 1:15-17 ESV He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Isaiah 44:24 KJV Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 1:1 KJV In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Colossians 1:15-17 ESV He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
To translate the Greek word "en" as "by", in Colossians 1:16, conflicts with the concept of creating "through" the Son. The Son cannot create "by" and "through" at the same time. However, the Father can create "in" and "through" at the same time. The ASV, YLT etc., have the correct translation that bring out the meanings Paul intended.

Col 1:16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;​

Nothing was created “by” Yeshua as the direct cause. Everything was created by his Father for, through and in Messiah.

1Co 8:6 yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we through him. ASV
Isaiah 44:24 KJV Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

That is not how the KJV reads. Here is the correct KJV English translation:

Isaiah 44:24 KJV Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
The Tetragrammaton appears twice in the Hebrew text which is why the KJV used "LORD" instead of "Lord".
This verse is telling us that Father YHWH created everything alone and by Himself. No one helped Him, not even His Son.

Isaiah 45:12; "I (YHWH) have made the earth, and created man upon it: I (YHWH), even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."
Do not be misled by some translators of the NT who make Yeshua to be the Creator by allowing their preconceived trinitarian view to influence their translation as in the ESV's and KJV's translation of Colossians 1:16.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Allow me to edit your reply (in bold) to reflect a more Biblical statement:

And in order for that to happen you must recognize that Yeshua is the Son of God. Our Messiah Yeshua can not live in our hearts unless He is the Son of God. Grasping that the way of the Messiah is the way of our High Priest taking us to the inner sanctum of his Father's Temple, by spirit, by truth, by service, by example until the Moment of the true Yom Kippur when He takes us to the at-one-ment with his Father for all time. Married and becoming one with he and his Father (our God) forever.​

Yom Kippur makes us atone with Yeshua's God, Father YHWH. It does NOT make us at one with the High Priest that is making us at one with the God he is ministering to in the temple.
Yom Kippur is the wedding. Who is the groom?

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
To translate the Greek word "en" as "by", in Colossians 1:16, conflicts with the concept of creating "through" the Son. The Son cannot create "by" and "through" at the same time. However, the Father can create "in" and "through" at the same time. The ASV, YLT etc., have the correct translation that bring out the meanings Paul intended.

Col 1:16 for in him were all things created, in the heavens and upon the earth, things visible and things invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers; all things have been created through him, and unto him;​

Nothing was created “by” Yeshua as the direct cause. Everything was created by his Father for, through and in Messiah.

1Co 8:6 yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we through him. ASV

That is not how the KJV reads. Here is the correct KJV English translation:

Isaiah 44:24 KJV Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;
The Tetragrammaton appears twice in the Hebrew text which is why the KJV used "LORD" instead of "Lord".
This verse is telling us that Father YHWH created everything alone and by Himself. No one helped Him, not even His Son.

Isaiah 45:12; "I (YHWH) have made the earth, and created man upon it: I (YHWH), even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded."
Do not be misled by some translators of the NT who make Yeshua to be the Creator by allowing their preconceived trinitarian view to influence their translation as in the ESV's and KJV's translation of Colossians 1:16.
I can do all things by and through Yeshua.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yom Kippur is the wedding. Who is the groom?
The groom is Yeshua. Don't most MJs believe the wedding will take place on Yom Teruah? If not, make your Scriptural case for it taking place on Yom Kippur.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I can do all things by and through Yeshua.
Correct. However that is you "through" Yeshua. The example of creation, if your view that Yeshua is our Creator is correct, is Yeshua creating "through" himself. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua IS the visible image of the Invisible God - Colossians 1:15, II Corinthians 4:4

...to see Yeshua is to see the Invisible God
...Mankind was created IN the image of God - Genesis 1:26
...Yeshua IS the image of God. To see Jesus is to see the Invisible God in the flesh.
...Conclusion is that we are made in the image of Yeshua.

He was from the beginning, is now, and forever will be our God who stepped down from His throne to save us, redeem us, and show us everlasting love. He is our Way, our Truth, our Life, and our God.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Right there in the TEN commandments written by the finger of God are these words....
"Remember the Sabbath day"... Why?? ... because God created you

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
(Ex. 20:8-11)

and redeemed you..

Deut 5:12 ‘Observe the sabbath day to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. 13 ‘Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15 ‘You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

Yeshua is our Redeemer
Yeshua is our Creator

Genesis 2:2
By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Exodus 16:23
then he said to them, "This is what the LORD meant: Tomorrow is a sabbath observance, a holy sabbath to the LORD. Bake what you will bake and boil what you will boil, and all that is left over put aside to be kept until morning."

Exodus 23:12
"Six days you are to do your work, but on the seventh day you shall cease from labor so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and the son of your female slave, as well as your stranger, may refresh themselves.

Exodus 31:13
"But as for you, speak to the sons of Israel, saying, 'You shall surely observe My Sabbaths for this is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

Exodus 31:15
'For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a Sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 19:3
'Every one of you shall reverence his mother and his father, and you shall keep My Sabbaths; I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 26:2
'You shall keep My Sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary; I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 5:12
'Observe the Sabbath day to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.

Yeshua is Lord of the Sabbath

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath day.
Mark 2:28 So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath."
[URL='http://biblehub.com/luke/6-5.htm']Luke 6:5 And he said to them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath.
[/URL]

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeshua IS the visible image of the Invisible God - Colossians 1:15, II Corinthians 4:4

...to see Yeshua is to see the Invisible God
...Mankind was created IN the image of God - Genesis 1:26
...Yeshua IS the image of God. To see Jesus is to see the Invisible God in the flesh.
...Conclusion is that we are made in the image of Yeshua.

He was from the beginning, is now, and forever will be our God who stepped down from His throne to save us, redeem us, and show us everlasting love. He is our Way, our Truth, our Life, and our God.
First you say Yeshua is the "image" of God, then you say he IS God. An "image" of something is not the very thing. An "image" of an apple is NOT an apple. Yeshua is the "image" of our God, but not our God himself.

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Right there in the TEN commandments written by the finger of God are these words....
"Remember the Sabbath day"... Why?? ... because God created you

"Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
(Ex. 20:8-11)

and redeemed you..

Deut 5:12 ‘Observe the sabbath day to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. 13 ‘Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14 but the seventh day is a sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant or your ox or your donkey or any of your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you, so that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15 ‘You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out of there by a mighty hand and by an outstretched arm; therefore the LORD your God commanded you to observe the sabbath day.

Yeshua is our Redeemer
Yeshua is our Creator

Genesis 2:2
By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

Exodus 16:23
then he said to them, "This is what the LORD meant: Tomorrow is a sabbath observance, a holy sabbath to the LORD. Bake what you will bake and boil what you will boil, and all that is left over put aside to be kept until morning."

Exodus 23:12
"Six days you are to do your work, but on the seventh day you shall cease from labor so that your ox and your donkey may rest, and the son of your female slave, as well as your stranger, may refresh themselves.

Exodus 31:13
"But as for you, speak to the sons of Israel, saying, 'You shall surely observe My Sabbaths for this is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you.

Exodus 31:15
'For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a Sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 19:3
'Every one of you shall reverence his mother and his father, and you shall keep My Sabbaths; I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 26:2
'You shall keep My Sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary; I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 5:12
'Observe the Sabbath day to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you.
Every verse you posted refers to Father YHWH, the God of Israel.

This does not mean he created the Sabbath. It means the Sabbath does not rule over man, but man over it (Yeshua, being a man, rules over the Sabbath). Mark 2:27-28.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua is called the Savior - Luke 2:11, Titus 1:4, Titus 2:13, Titus 3:3, II Peter 1:1, II Peter 1:11, II Peter 2:20, II Peter 3:18, I John 4:14

Only God alone is the Savior - Isaiah 43:11, Isaiah 45:15 , Hosea 13:4, I Timothy 2:2, Jude 1:25

...that means Yeshua is God.

Upvote 0