✟15,835.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I will start with the first one.
Genesis 3:15…..Seed of a woman ...Luke 1:35, Matthew 1:18-20

If anyone is thinking of using the JPS translation:

JPS Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; they shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise their heel.'

they shall = deliberate MISTRANSLATION
their heel = deliberate MISTRANSLATION

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
It would be far easier to name the prophecies that don't relate to Yeshua, as they can be counted on zero fingers.
Think of this as a review.... like...

Count your blessings... sometimes we needed reminded...

Genesis 14:18……..A King …..Hebrews 7:2

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 9:26-27…The God of Shem will be the Son of Shem…Luke 3:36
Yeshua was definitely a descendant of Shem, but he was not the God of Shem. The God of Shem is Yeshua's Father, YHWH.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
Yeshua was definitely a descendant of Shem, but he was not the God of Shem. The God of Shem is Yeshua's Father, YHWH.
Yeshua was assigned to earth and its redemption. All matters were in His hands since the foundation of the world. Any mention of God is a mention of Yeshua. Genesis 17:19…….The Seed of Isaac…….Romans. 9:7

Reactions: AbbaLove
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Micah 5:1-4 ... "Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek. But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.
And he shall stand and feed in the strength of YHWH, in the majesty of the name of YHWH his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.

Israel's future is summed up in these verses.

1) The birth of Yeshua in Bethlehem (Matthew 2:6).
2) His passion/rejection.
3) Israel temporarily set aside, (blinded by Yahweh - Isaiah 29:10; Psalm 69:23; Romans 11:7-10).
4) Israel given up until the saints are resurrected (Isaiah 66:7-8; Revelation 12:1-5).
5) The return of the remnant of Yeshua, after the resurrection, to preach the evangel to Israel (Revelation 12:6; Matthew 24:14).

6) Messiah's Kingdom rule (Luke 1:32; Revelation 11:15).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It would be far easier to name the prophecies that don't relate to Yeshua, as they can be counted on zero fingers.

It's amazing that I feel the opposite about this.

Reactions: ChavaK
Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Much of this thread is preaching to the "Messianic Choir" except perhaps for the previous post which also represents a majority of religious Jews (e.g. Orthodox Judaism). "Immanuel" is mentioned in Isaiah, but where is the name "Yeshua" mentioned in the Tanakh? And yet there are so many prophecies that point to "Yeshua" that it makes one wonder how so many of the Pharisees (and today's Rabbis) could be so blind. In many instances it literally takes divine intervention (e.g. Saul's conversion) ...

Acts 9:1-5 (CJB)
1 Meanwhile, Sha’ul, still breathing murderous threats against the Lord’s talmidim, went to the cohen hagadol
2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Dammesek, authorizing him to arrest any people he might find, whether men or women, who belonged to “the Way,” and bring them back to Yerushalayim.
3 He was on the road and nearing Dammesek, when suddenly a light from heaven flashed all around him.
4 Falling to the ground, he heard a voice saying to him, “Sha’ul! Sha’ul! Why do you keep persecuting me?”
5 “Sir, who are you?” he asked. “I am Yeshua, and you are persecuting me.

Orthodox Judaism interrupts Isaiah 9:5(6)-6(7) to refer to a man born naturally (not supernaturally from a virgin) who could make his appearance known at anytime in the future. Isaiah 9:5 (6) makes no mention of the Lord's "salvation" (Yeshua).

Isaiah 9:6-7 CJB
5 (6) For a child is born to us,a son is given to us; dominion will rest on his shoulders, and he will be given the name
Pele-Yo‘etz El Gibbor Avi-‘Ad Sar-Shalom [Wonder of a Counselor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace],
6 (7) in order to extend the dominion and perpetuate the peace of the throne and kingdom of David, to secure it and sustain it through justice and righteousness henceforth and forever. The zeal of Adonai-Tzva’ot will accomplish this.

Today, most Jews that have come to the knowledge of Yeshua as their Lord and Saviour have become convinced from studying the New Testament themselves ... sometimes with the purpose being to disprove it. Others come to faith in Yeshua through dreams and visions, personal testimonies of relatives, the prayers of loved ones, reading the Gospels, and reading testimonies of other Jews that have come to faith in Yeshua.

More and more Jews are coming to faith in Yeshua through the testimonies of Messianic Jews ...
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/26739/Default.aspx

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Exodus 15:2…His exaltation predicted as Yeshua…Acts 7:55,56 27
Ex 15:2 is not an OT prophecy about Yeshua. The subject is Yeshua's Father YHWH (the one on Yeshua's left hand in Acts 7:55-56).

Upvote 0