Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Bush going to the NAACP would be like Kerry or any Democrat going to the NRA meetings.(ok, the anti-gun dems) They have nothing to gain, and just aggrevation to lose.

Did I miss something? How has Bush hurt Afro-Americans?

I actually believe the NAACP hurt Afro Americans. Encouraging a people to depend on the government is holding the people back.
*Anyone who succeeds does so by making it happen, not by depending on government to do it.

No person should be disciminated against. No matter what race, creed, color, or gender. There should be no preferencial treatment or detremental treatment for a person because they are white, black, hispanic, oriental, or what ever other distinctions you can make.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Billnew said:
Bush going to the NAACP would be like Kerry or any Democrat going to the NRA meetings.(ok, the anti-gun dems) They have nothing to gain, and just aggrevation to lose.

Did I miss something? How has Bush hurt Afro-Americans?

I actually believe the NAACP hurt Afro Americans. Encouraging a people to depend on the government is holding the people back.
*Anyone who succeeds does so by making it happen, not by depending on government to do it.

No person should be disciminated against. No matter what race, creed, color, or gender. There should be no preferencial treatment or detremental treatment for a person because they are white, black, hispanic, oriental, or what ever other distinctions you can make.

the NAACP does not encourage people to depend on the government you are misinformed.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
charis said:
um..
why don't you back up your claim?

Did you just ask me to back up my claim, then 30 seconds later post me asking why I didn't back it up?

I was totally lying, Bush had a very productive discussion with the NAACP. They thought it was so productive that 4 years later they said he was 'trying to bring back the confederacy' and wants to 'raise the swatiska of the confederate flag'.

I'm not even going to bother to dig up an article on it. If you honestly saw it and believe they had a productive meeting, no article is going to convince you others.

It is pretty obvious you are trying to 'stump' me, as if if I didn't post an article, it would somehow prove the NAACP and Bush had a productive meeting.

Do you really believe they did, honestly?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I were president, and I'd campaigned on being a uniter, not a divider, and I'd accepted my first nomination at a convention that boasted it's "big tent" philosophy, why would I not speak to an organization that represents a large voting bloc? Why would I act like they were invisible? Why wouldn't I at least put my agenda out there and actually listen to the feedback, and then decide whether they had valid points or not?

The NAACP is not the end all, be all group. Neither is the RNC, the DNC, the NRA, La Raza, LULAC, CCC, or any other politically motivated organization. Every organization has it's platform, but they don't all share one mind (although the way the RNC leadership is acting lately, I think they would like to.)

I don't believe the president is racist. Ignorant, maybe. Given bad advice by bad people, definitely.

Let me pose a double question for you, and I want honest, thought out answers, not knee jerk, circular rhetoric.

What has GWB done to bring people to a closer understanding of other cultures and backgrounds?

What has the NAACP done regarding the same?

Reactions: Mistyfogg
Upvote 0

BlessedMan

Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
✟9,838.00
Faith
Christian
HumbleMan said:
What has GWB done to bring people to a closer understanding of other cultures and backgrounds?

What has the NAACP done regarding the same?
Do you honestly think it is the roll of the President of the greatest nation in the world to be responsible for "bringing people to a closer understanding of other cultures and backgrounds?"

I'd rather he'd be the commander and chief and worry about National Security and our economy. Let us that are part of churches and community organizations (i.e.the NAACP) work on getting along with each other.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BlessedMan said:
Do you honestly think it is the roll of the President of the greatest nation in the world to be responsible for "bringing people to a closer understanding of other cultures and backgrounds?".
It is when a prominent part of his campaign was to unite people.

BlessedMan said:
I'd rather he'd be the commander and chief and worry about National Security and our economy. Let us that are part of churches and community organizations (i.e.the NAACP) work on getting along with each other.
OK. What has your church done in regards to the above questions?

What do you think of GWB's faith based initiatives? Will they work? or are they a money pit for more of his friends/fundraisers?

BTW, as top policy maker of the country, GWB does have a role in setting the public social agenda of the nation. A good example would be his call for the federal amendment to classify a marriage as one woman, one man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SuzQ

I'm.....Wonder Woman
Apr 8, 2004
Midwest
Visit site
✟11,417.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
I very much respect Mr. Mfume - he's a wonderful motivator of the African-American community. However, the only reason Mr. Mfume is so upset & is doing this is because Bush turned down an invitation to speak at their annual dinner. This was the fourth time he turned it down. Again, you can complain all you want about Bush - but here's another example of Bush NOT being "fake" and standing by his convictions. Admirable, very admirable.

Why is Bush doing this, you say? I just saw an example of how badly the NAACP campaigned AGAINST Bush in 2000! (On CNN, I believe). They ran an ad that implied a black man was being dragged behind a truck & that "George W. Bush" was responsible simply because he didn't support Texas's proposed hate crime VERBIAGE when he was Governor. They then showed a panel of two different liberals who displayed obvious disgust in this tactic. Uh, yeah. I don't think I would accept any invitations without a public apology for that kind of hatred. Go Dubya!!!

But the NAACP is the voice of ALL people of color & Bush is obviously racist, NOT. That's why he appointed Colin Powell & Condoleeza Rice, to name a few great leaders of COLOR in his administration.

Give me a break.....

Upvote 0

Arturis

Naturalist & Free Thinker
Feb 27, 2004
Tri-State
✟15,683.00
Faith
Christian
"They preach racial neutrality and practice racial division ... their idea of reparations is to give war criminal Jefferson Davis a pardon," Mr. Bond said during his welcoming remarks. "Their idea of equal rights is the American flag and Confederate swastika flying side by side."
Mr. Bond, who in a 2001 speech compared conservatives to the Taliban, never specifically used the term Republicans but made the comments about those who control the White House, Congress and the Supreme Court.
"We are and always have been nonpartisan ... but being nonpartisan doesn't mean being noncritical. And it doesn't even mean criticizing all parties equally. If the Democrats were doing anything, we'd criticize them, too," Mr. Bond said.
Mr. Bond, a former Democratic state legislator in Georgia, also attacked President Bush's tax cuts, saying Mr. Bush signed a "death warrant for social programs for decades and decades to come."
-Washington Times

I wouldn't talk to this jackass if I was Bush either.

Upvote 0

charis

Jun 14, 2004
✟875.00
Faith
Protestant
stray bullet said:
Did you just ask me to back up my claim, then 30 seconds later post me asking why I didn't back it up?
because you're making claims you refuse to back up.

I was totally lying, Bush had a very productive discussion with the NAACP. They thought it was so productive that 4 years later they said he was 'trying to bring back the confederacy' and wants to 'raise the swatiska of the confederate flag'.

I'm not even going to bother to dig up an article on it. If you honestly saw it and believe they had a productive meeting, no article is going to convince you others.
it wasn't a meeting. it was a speech. I don't see how a speech can be unproductive.

It is pretty obvious you are trying to 'stump' me, as if if I didn't post an article, it would somehow prove the NAACP and Bush had a productive meeting.
hm...I always thought that someone making a claim should back it up. Your logic appears to have been reversed.

Upvote 0