My Wife Wants a Tummy Tuck - What Should I Do?

MZS

May 18, 2009
✟15,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let's be honest here. Shaving, washing our hair via a shower or bath, and dressing in clean clothes is vanity too, yet we men do it all the time. If this is not excessively expensive and will prevent you from your church giving obligations, your wife should have this procedure done.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

My wife has requested that I pay for a tummy tuck for her. Her skin on her stomach is a bit wrinkly and loose. I don't mind it at all. In fact I love it because it reminds me of the children she bore.

She recently shared that the look of her stomach really embarrasses her. She is very bothered by it and it is a real eye sore to her. She asked if I would pay to allow her to have a tummy tuck. I'm a bit apprehensive about it because I don't feel it is needed.

What should I do?

*Have you expressed your feelings to your wife?

The other thing I notice is she requested for you to pay for the tummy tuck?
Why would she need to request that "YOU" pay for it when the money belongs
to both of you?

I could see asking if it's OK to spend X-amount of dollars for the tummy tuck, so
the expense wouldn't put the family budget in a major bind.

Also--
Is she doing anything to tone up her abdomen area--such as
exercising and eating healthy?

Upvote 0

motherprayer

Elisha
Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
✟19,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

My wife has requested that I pay for a tummy tuck for her. Her skin on her stomach is a bit wrinkly and loose. I don't mind it at all. In fact I love it because it reminds me of the children she bore.

She recently shared that the look of her stomach really embarrasses her. She is very bothered by it and it is a real eye sore to her. She asked if I would pay to allow her to have a tummy tuck. I'm a bit apprehensive about it because I don't feel it is needed.

What should I do?

I love the way you phrased your question, it shows both a love and concern for her feelings and a desire to please God. Kudos, my friend!

Give. Hope for nothing in return. Does it bother her, help her. Does it bother her what others think, shallow, help her. God is aware of all. Does she desire to impress others, she fails, give anyway. One cannot ever go wrong doing good. God judges each individually. It is Gods job alone to judge. Vengeance belongs unto God alone.

This I think was the best advice in the world. My husband loves my wrinkly tummy too, and I personally don't mind it, but if I did, I pray he would understand my feelings and, even if the request does seem a bit vain, help me to feel better about myself.

Bless you both!

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
" Her skin on her stomach is a bit wrinkly and loose. I don't mind it at all. In fact I love it because it reminds me of the children she bore."

I can guarantee that most women wouldn't look at it that way. How many women would you think would say--"I love my breasts sagging because it reminds me of when I breast fed"?.

If I had the money I'd support her with the surgery. SHE feels bad and I would want her to feel good about herself.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

What should I do?

It is her body and she feels uncomfortable with it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like she has probably lost a lot of weight; what you describe is typical of significant weight loss. A lot of people do feel uncomfortable about excess skin showing that isn't taught especially since their goal is to look like they did when they were of regular weight. And mind you, this affect on the skin can happen after pregnancy.

She's asking you to be generous and allow her to have the body she should have. No amount of exercise can fix this issue as it is an issue of the skin, not fat or muscle. A tummy tuck is a fine solution, and you should allow her to have it.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

What should I do?

Get the Credit Card out (???)

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suggest a healthy alternative.
exercise plan ... or yoga ... or tai chi ... or walking.

if you decide to do the tuck - don't go cheap. get a good doctor. there was a man at my work who lost his wife because of a tummy tuck operation - she got a serious infection after the op and it got out of control.

good luck.
Gideon

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
there was a man at my work who lost his wife because of a tummy tuck operation - she got a serious infection after the op and it got out of control.
:eek:
No amount of exercise can fix this issue as it is an issue of the skin, not fat or muscle.
A pregnancy stretches out the stomach skin far enough to fit a human inside. Exercise strengthens the muscles that support the area, but it does not always resolve the loose skin problem.

There are some creams that people use to help tighten the skin. Someone recently mentioned they used hemorrhoid cream to tighten up. Not as effective as a tuck, but cheaper.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums