Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, how does Jesus Freak improve his situation with his wife?

I was reading through his posts and this one struck me :

I have said her physical appearance does turn me off sometimes (t-shirt and gym shorts, most of the time), but also the watching of "The Batchelor", her recent drinking of Daquiri's, time spent texting(even when driving), Facebooking, not desiring to read the Bible or participate in any Bible study, all play a part in my trying to love her.

What is see here is this:

She has let herself go (no self worth/or attraction for the husband), When your attracted to someone, you want to look your best for them, so they will find you attractive as well.

Watching the bachelor (fantasy land), I presume that she either wishes she was hot woman that men found desirable (validation), she wishes she had a man who was charming/handsome/sexy/confident...etc

Drinking (escapism), She might be drinking to drown her guilt/shame, Regret over her relationship with God/Husband, or needing the liquor for "liquid courage" for flirting/cheating with men.

Texting (Either to her friends or a guy gaming her) I am sure she has been texting a guy friend. Doesn't make sense to me she would be texting a female friend non stop.

Facebooking (Attention) Facebook/Myspace is all about getting attention. And women love attention, primarily from the opposite sex.

And by not participating in the bible studies---what I see here is that she either doesn't respect her husband (that is obvious), so she doesn't take to his leading their spiritual life, or is committing a sin (cheating) so she is distancing herself from God.

Now what is he to do?

I think he needs to call her bluff, let her file for divorce.

I think that should be a last resort..If she insists on filing for divorce then there isn't much he can do about it..And the Bible instructs that if the spouse wants to leave, let them...However, if he is serious about wanting to save his marriage, he needs to continue to love her and show her so...Yes he does have the right as a husband to know where she is, who she is texting, etc... But he needs to go about these things in a loving way...even though that may be hard to do..He has the right to find these things out and confront her on them (away from the children)..But that also doesn't give him permission to treat her badly. If she was cheating (and I pray she isn't since we don't know) Then yes he should confront her about it. But I also don't think he should jump the gun and assume she is cheating since he doesn't know for sure..He can cross that bridge when he gets there..For now, love her, pray for her and show her that he is willing to go through the fire to restore their marriage in Christ. As it seems she is not saved, his main goal should be to try and show her, her need for a savior and continue to love and pray for her.

Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, how can he love her as Christ loves the church AND improve his marriage?

What will improve his marriage the most is her salvation..He can't be sure she will get saved but if he loves her he will stick with it until the end in hopes that she does...All he can do right now is love her as Christ loves us and pray for her.

Upvote 0

Jesus Freak62

Jul 6, 2010
Denham Springs, LA
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi! I just got finished reading all of the dialogue since I was last on-line. Thank you all for your concern.

I believe alot of the things that are being said, and I believe Mandy is on the right track. I have been praying for awhile that God would teach me to love my wife as Christ loves the church. Why? Because I feel that is where the Holy Spirit is leading me. I have always believed that God put my wife and I together, that doesn't mean the journey would be easy. There have been definite "sign posts" (God moments) that have confirmed to me that I have been obedient to God, in his will for my life.

I will admit, there have been times God was calling me to stand up to wife, and I didn't. When I did finally stand up to her, there was a definite positive change in the relationship.

Marriage is not easy and we both have our struggles, but ultimately our commitment should be to the Lord. All I know is that God has a plan for our life, and I want us to submit to him and find out what that plan is.

Mandy, she says she is saved, but I struggle w/ the fruit I see(watching the Batchelor, not willing to read or study the Bible, bginning to drink).

I just received a copy of her text messages from the last month, and there is definitely a particular number she is texting every night up into the wee hours of the morning. I am not going to jump to conclusions, but I have tried to call that #, but only gotten a computer generated response.

She has not slept in the same bed w/ me since February, and we have not had sex since before Thanksgiving.

Please continue to pray for us, and thanks again for your concern.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kindled
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That is great to hear (the beginning of your post--not the end)....I am praying for you.

Here is a thought....have you had a heart-to-heart with her recently? I have to be honest that how you described your talk the other day...I wouldn't quite consider that a humble interaction. Maybe let her know what you just said in this post...that may be a great new beginning for you two.

Upvote 0

mattybartholomew

Nov 3, 2007
South Beach,FL
✟342.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I will admit, there have been times God was calling me to stand up to wife, and I didn't. When I did finally stand up to her, there was a definite positive change in the relationship.

Will wonders never cease?

I just received a copy of her text messages from the last month, and there is definitely a particular number she is texting every night up into the wee hours of the morning. I am not going to jump to conclusions, but I have tried to call that #, but only gotten a computer generated response.

You know what's happening here.

She has not slept in the same bed w/ me since February, and we have not had sex since before Thanksgiving.

Do you initiate and she just shoots you down every time?

Reactions: Autumnleaf
Upvote 0

jham123

Jul 14, 2010
✟7,883.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Jesus Freak, I read this post the day you placed it, but I didn't answer then....I've been trying to think of anything else to say but it doesn't come.

I am sorry, but there is really no other logical explanation for a woman texting well into the night. You need to start protecting yourself from this point forward. Should you leave it in Gods hands? Sure...but let me say

You've had all these things revealed to you somehow. You've come on this forum with this info. You've heard what others have posted.....

........Maybe God is telling you what you need to hear. Maybe God is working to reveal things to you.

If I were you, I would continue to pray and work with your wife to reconcile, but at the same time, I would be making sure that I had copies of all important papers, and some money stashed in case I needed to go with my children some place for a few weeks. I would make sure I had pictures of the scratches and that the incident was logged with local PD. I also would get a recording device and start recording almost all conversations from this point forward. Keep a log of what all is going on, dates, times, events.....

Your Abuser is escalating from purely mental and has now moved to physical.

I know it is hard to believe, but women are able to be abusers. Studies show that women more than men are the likely perpetrators of abuse and the instigators. Women bear the brunt of the physical aftermath as the man is bigger and stronger.....but the woman is the instigator in the majority of reported incidents. (yes, I know, shocking huh? 38 independent studies encompassing over 119,000 cases, compiled over 10 years revealed that the majority of abuse occurs at the hand of the woman)

The Police will not help you unless you are completely above reproach. That is why the digital recorder is needed. She will lie to the police when they show up, you can bet,......no, you can "BANK" on it. Unless you have some way to prove to the police what really happened, then you will go do jail. Whatever you do, do not even lift your hands to repel her blows, just absorb them. (She can't hit you hard anyway) Most likely, she will strike you some how and then run to the phone and dial 911....that way, in her mind, you can be removed from the house. If you have evidence to show the police at that very moment.....this will happen to you.

Do I sound extreme Ladies?? Anyone want to tell me how "mean" I am being to JFs wife?

Amazing how quiet this thread has become after JF posted that she was texting some strange number all hours of the night......you Ladies aren't stupid...you know what that means.

Upvote 0

mattybartholomew

Nov 3, 2007
South Beach,FL
✟342.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry, but there is really no other logical explanation for a woman texting well into the night. You need to start protecting yourself from this point forward. Should you leave it in Gods hands? Sure...but let me say

I'm glad someone else brought this up again.

Since women are 2x more likely to initiate a divorce than a man and that women usually have another man waiting in the wing to swing onto , this behavior is something to definitely be concerned about.

Amazing how quiet this thread has become after JF posted that she was texting some strange number all hours of the night......you Ladies aren't stupid...you know what that means.

Bro, you know these women stick together like glue unless they are eyeing the same man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Your wife is probably your best friend and the betrayal can be hard. You might feel like a deer in the headlights unable to move. But move you can. The sooner you talk with real people about this the sooner things will feel better. Many many men have been through this and are going through it now. You are not alone in this experience. Talk to a Pastor if you have one or find one if you don't have one. You have to unload this on someone trained to help you deal with it. Ideally someone who knows you a bit.

Things may work out, they may not. In any event you are worthy of the kind of love you are willing to give others, which seems like a lot based on what you say in your posts. God is with you.

Upvote 0

Jesus Freak62

Jul 6, 2010
Denham Springs, LA
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am talking w/ my pastor. Thanks for the replys. This is real difficult for me. I try to love God first, then my wife, thinking my wife would submit to me. But she doesn't like the kind of life I feel the Lord is leading us to live. She has inherited a very strong controlling spirit, making it very difficult to submit to me, much less God.

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am talking w/ my pastor. Thanks for the replys. This is real difficult for me. I try to love God first, then my wife, thinking my wife would submit to me. But she doesn't like the kind of life I feel the Lord is leading us to live. She has inherited a very strong controlling spirit, making it very difficult to submit to me, much less God.
Do you believe God's promises?

Acts 16:31 (NKJV)
31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

I'd urge you to rethink your priorities a bit. God first, you second. Look in the mirror and accept yourself. Your wife is like a wayward child. Love her, but in a distant sort of way.

Its like the story of the prodigal son. Sure the father missed the wayward child. But he wasn't preoccupied with him. He was with the other son taking care of business. You need to take care of yourself so you can take care of business. Its good your talking with your pastor. Stick to his advice and keep moving.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesus Freak62

Jul 6, 2010
Denham Springs, LA
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you believe God's promises?

Acts 16:31 (NKJV)
31 So they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household."

:amen:

Yes! I'm standing on the promises.........that's all we need!

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:amen:

Yes! I'm standing on the promises.........that's all we need!
Good. But it sounds like you are severely wavering. Just remember, the promise for God to save your wife is as good as John 3:16 is for you. Don't go by circumstances. Believe me, I walked in your shoes. God is faithful!!!

Upvote 0

Duckybill

Jul 31, 2007
✟3,250.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^^I'm confused Duckybill. It seems to me that JF is doing a lot of things correctly.

Deeply religious men lose their wife as much as anyone. JF has no control over her. I understand praying and walking the line.....but how is JF wavering?
The key to overcoming doubt is to dwell on God's promises. And to remember that God changes hearts.

Upvote 0