My turn...

Abbadon

Self Bias Resistor - goin' commando in a cassock!
Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, it's my turn to make one of these threads.

I am sick and tired of fellow Christians that constantly say people like me aren't Christian because we have slightly differing cosmological, political, or philosophical views that do not interfere with our love of Christ anymore than thier views interefere with thier love of Christ.

I'm especially tired of when they use double standards and when they twist words about. I don't like it when they take one thing you say, twist it about, and "prove" that every single person that shares your belief on that subject is antiChristian and evil, and yet if you don't completely smash every single point they make fifty billion times, they will repeat thier points (even the ones you did smash) over and over again. It's like a mile square version of wack-a-mole.

Reactions: Abiel

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟20,336.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
A body has Nits, Ticks and Worms too... or is it just mine ;)

Tru Abbs, it amazes me how little regard many "tax-payng/church-goin christians" have for Others. Be they the World or us other christians or whatever label they wanna slap on our butts. This from people who follow a geezer that would soon as take a stoning than let an adulterer be punished, would drink with harlots, gihadis and dirty politicians, would walk the streets homeless, kissing the cantagious and loving the hating and hurting.

Dont get me wrong, I'm as evil as anyone else, but c'mon church, wake up and smell the perfumed feet of Jesus out there with the lost, lonely and dieing - those just like us!

Upvote 0

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ignore or avoid the confrontation with them. It's pointless and obviously fruitless. Worst still if it makes you feel upset, angry, discouraged etc... then it's patently not worth entertaining. I stopped having these kinds of arguments with other believers because ultimately it didn't edify God, it didn't make me feel better about myself and it can harden your heart towards those whose opinions differ to yours.

I guess it could be a case of being intolerant towards the intolerant (if that makes sense?) Why waste your time or energy on worrying or arguing, when you could be focusing on those things that make you happy and at peace with who you are and what you believe :)

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear you. Loud and clear.

In my family (primarily Church of Christ, Southern Baptist, Assembly of God and Calvinist) I'm not going to Hell because I'm gay: I'm going to Hell because I'm a Lutheran. After all, Lutherans drink wine during their services, allow women to be pastors, and read their prayers out of a book!

It seems to be more about, "Believe on me and what I happen to believe about the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved -- and by the way, here's a list of all the rules and regulations you'll need to follow and if you slip up in any way, you're OUT THE DOOR!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I hear you. Loud and clear.

In my family (primarily Church of Christ, Southern Baptist, Assembly of God and Calvinist) I'm not going to Hell because I'm gay: I'm going to Hell because I'm a Lutheran. After all, Lutherans drink wine during their services, allow women to be pastors, and read their prayers out of a book!

It seems to be more about, "Believe on me and what I happen to believe about the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved -- and by the way, here's a list of all the rules and regulations you'll need to follow and if you slip up in any way, you're OUT THE DOOR!"

:doh:The way some people talk, it would seem like no one ever went to Heaven before the 19th century.

Upvote 0

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If tradition is seriously what mattered, than only the Messianic Jews and Greek home church Christian Stoics would be getting into heaven, and Christ's sacrifice wouldn't have been as impressive as it actually is (not saying anything against Messianic Jews or Greeks, home church Christians, or Stoics, they're just the closest to 1st century Christianity).

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Ack! I've been accused of heresy every step of the way. Why? Because I assert that God loves everyone. Jeez, it really does seem like people are oh-so-very determined to be the only ones who go to Heaven.

By far, the best insult I received from a fellow Christian has to be "[Mumbai's political correctness] is a tactic employed by mind control cults." Z0MG!

Blessings,
Mumbai

Upvote 0

FLANDIDLYANDERS

When I am slain may my corpse lie facing the Enemy
Aug 16, 2005
Pompey
✟20,336.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The second greatest commandment is not the same as love bombing.

You sure? Really?

Okay, I'll send all those mail-order WOMD back to Wal*Mart... maybe I'll set the detonator on them first though, eh?

As some of you know, I've been wasting trees on an essay for the last month or so, well here's a quote I came up with myself! (quoting yourself is the lower form of self-congratulation).....

samurai essay by mr flan said:
Am I becoming a Humanist or a Universalist? I doubt it, I keep bumping into Jesus too often within humanity and the universe!

Peace out while I peace off!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Abbadon

Jan 26, 2005
Bible belt, unfortunatly
✟22,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
FLANDIDLYANDERS said:
You sure? Really?

Okay, I'll send all those mail-order WOMD back to Wal*Mart... maybe I'll set the detonator on them first though, eh?

Love bombing -- being excessively nice to a person to try to convince them to join your cult. A tactic used by cults.

The second greatest commandment =/= love bombing, I was commenting mumbai telling us about some of the accusations people have made towards her.

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I'm getting sick of the "we are christians and we are da bomb and making a major difference"

And working in areas where there is massive need and not seeing hide nor hair of those same christians" And then to add insult to injury those same people have the gall to be offended because I tell it how it is

:mad:

Upvote 0

Ramona

If you can't see my siggy, I've disappeared ;)
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Visit site
✟55,932.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Love bombing -- being excessively nice to a person to try to convince them to join your cult. A tactic used by cults.

The second greatest commandment =/= love bombing, I was commenting mumbai telling us about some of the accusations people have made towards her.

Actually, I've changed my mind. I've made peace with the woman who said I was employing cult-like tactics. My new favorite comment from a fellow Christian is:

CANT WE BAN HER ALREADY? She's had so many violations?

It really does grow tedious.

Upvote 0