Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
How many of you here are willing to claim that you're guilty of thinking this?

Think about it...

Every parent that I know swears up and down that their kid has GOT to be the cutest kid on the planet. And it's only natural for us to think this way... we take pride in our children.

Have you ever known someone to take this thought a little... too far? Or do you know someone who thinks that their child is cute, but you personally find them to be slightly unattractive?

Reactions: OracleX

Addicted2~Jesus

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2005
Texas
✟13,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hands down my kids cutest, next question please :p

LOL I told my wife this exact same thing when she dropped Kat at the hospital, she had to be jes as ugly as any other coneheaded smushed faced baby but... she's was the prettiest baby I ever saw, still is, did I menition my kids cuter? hehe

Upvote 0

andiesmama

Senior Contributor
Sep 16, 2004
Florida
✟18,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ummmm....wait...I beg to differ....I just KNOW that MY kid is the cutest one ever!! (just take a look at my avatar & siggy!!)lol

I do know that all parents think their kid is the cutest...beauty is in the eye of the beholder & all that....but in all honesty, yes, there have been a couple babies that I had to take a second look at...lol!!

Upvote 0

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I beg to differ - anyone can see these are the cutest boys ever! We had to move hundreds of kms to get away from crowds wanting to hug and kiss them. They are just so cute. Now we live in a town with only 9000 people - so far less likely to be overwhelmed by lovers and well wishers!

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I didn't want to rub it in, but *ahem* I think it's obvious that my little girls are the cutest. ;)

The thing I find funny are the pageant mothers. Our town has an annual St. Patrick's Day parade (tommorrow actually), but we always have our town beauty pageants and such leading up to the parade. Now, I am not the pageant mom type...I think my girls would probably have to really really beg to be in a pageant before I'd sign them up (I have my reasons), but some parents just get SO UPSET if there kids don't win or don't get a ribbon, as if it's some sort of personal insult. And like they didn't know that not winning was a possibility before they signed up. It's really kind of sad. And I'm not saying the kids are not cute...but sometimes you just have to get to know them a little bit before their cuteness becomes apparent, lol, ya know?

Anyway, all kids are precious, and I say that sincerely. :)

Upvote 0

OracleX

Healer of Broken Hearts
Jan 17, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟9,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
LOL Good topic.

Of course my daughter is the cutest most beautiful thing my eyes have ever been blessed to see. Even if she had 3 eyes, 6 arms and a ear on her forehead I would still think that. She is a wonderful gift from God. That is how I think about her. IMHO I think that every parent should think that way about their own children.

When talking to others though I don't force my opinion though. With some people it is very easy to offend them by talking that way. I don't place my daughter in any competion with others. She is her own special person and beautiful in her own ways, just as every other child out there is.

Upvote 0

Talie

Senior Veteran
Apr 16, 2004
Gippsland
Visit site
✟18,211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
bias runs beyond parents

I dont' have any children, but these are my neices and nephew! cute!

christopher.jpg
elisha.jpg
jacinta.jpg
bekky.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I had a pic of my daughter as my avatar for a while. Then I got a warning from CF administration saying something to the effect of...

"The picture in your avatar is causing other CF members to break the 10th commandment (thou shall not covet...) and is also causing other members to "stumble". Please remove that picture for the sake of others"

Did any of you get a similar message?

No?

Oh... sorry to hear that.. Heh!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Melbelle

Deadheadmakeup
Mar 22, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟53,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm guilty of it but come on look at him, he is the cutest;)... And yes I do find people who do this and your just like :eek: I don't see it. lol but I don't have the heart to tell someone "Your kid is ugly" cus God don't make ugly people but I still believe my baby is the cutest but I don't go around bluring it out "MY BABY IS CUTTER THEN YOURS" something like that lol.

Upvote 0

Melbelle

Deadheadmakeup
Mar 22, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟53,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Redguard said:
I had a pic of my daughter as my avatar for a while. Then I got a warning from CF administration saying something to the effect of...

"The picture in your avatar is causing other CF members to break the 10th commandment (thou shall not covet...) and is also causing other members to "stumble". Please remove that picture for the sake of others"

No?

No I got that message when my pic was in my avatar;) jk that message was more like "Take that pic down you make people sick" lol...^_^

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Redguard said:

No?

I must say that's a very original and funny post :thumbsup: . But wait till your daugther dates my son..... ;) Hah!

Upvote 0