Christian parents say daughter removed from their care after refusing to affirm gender identity

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You do a little research and this goes sideway's fast:

The kid's in Wyoming because Montana doesn't have enough child mental health facilities. ( Which begs the question: why is the kid in a mental health facility?)

The Kid's birth mother is Canadian, still lives in Canada and is evidentially going to get custody of the kid when they are released. (Another question I can't answer: why is the kid going to Canada?)

..And EVERYBODY is evidentially under a gag order from the judge in Montana.

There is WAY more going on here then is being reported and the shiny thing is that the kid is transgender and I don't think that's the real issue here. Something is going on and no one can talk talk about it.
The fact that all of this is happening, and this apparently whackjob judge, is all in Montana is what staggers me. I guess it hasn't taken much to tip the scales in a blue direction given how unpopulated the state is.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟68,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The fact that all of this is happening, and this apparently whackjob judge, is all in Montana is what staggers me. I guess it hasn't taken much to tip the scales in a blue direction given how unpopulated the state is.
See now I don't agree the judge is a whackjob. The Lt. Governor of Montana investigated this and said all laws were being followed correctly.

This suggests to me that there is just way more to this than we know.

I think the step mother might be the whack job here. She is the only one talking about this a trans issue. The father has never been quoted saying anything and the biological mother is in Canada and everyone else is gagged.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
See now I don't agree the judge is a whackjob. The Lt. Governor of Montana investigated this and said all laws were being followed correctly.
Oh I thought this came from the judge.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,684,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After communicating with CFS, the parents agreed that their daughter would benefit from specialized residential care for treatment. Krista claimed that CFS began discussing sending Jennifer to a place in Wyoming instead of one of the available facilities in Montana.

“And at that point, because we were already in such a state from the hospital disrespecting us and our wishes, we immediately looked up Wyoming's laws on transitioning minors," Krista said. "It looked to us like kids could go ahead and have procedures done and have hormones without parental consent."

After the parents refused to approve their daughter's transfer to a Wyoming-based facility, CFS allegedly came to the family's home with police to take Jennifer away. The reason CFS reportedly gave for removing Jennifer from the Kolstads' home is because they were "unable or refusing to provide medical care."

While the couple was not allowed to see their daughter during her relocation, Reduxx reported that the teenager allegedly told her friends that she was leaving because she was "crazy and trying to kill herself."

"I feel this was a lapse in judgement by [CFS], a violation of HIPAA, and a miscarriage to Jennifer, as she is only 14," Krista said. "What if, when she is 17, this incident is behind her and she is in a good place mentally? This is a very small town and they have just let her brand herself as the 'crazy kid' who tried to kill themselves."

In September 2023, Jennifer returned to Montana, and she was placed in a CFS youth facility under "temporary legal custody." Then, this month, the court ordered that the CFS custody remain permanent. The girl is now living with her biological mother in Canada, who, according to statements Reduxx obtained from a counselor, Jennifer and her sister have described as abusive.

According to the Kolstads, they have "little to no contact with Jennifer." While a judge ordered the parents not to discuss the case, according to Reduxx, the parents said they will keep defying that order.

"We will continue to tell our story, even though we are currently in contempt of court, and try to keep other families from going through this," Krista said. "Our greatest fear is that our daughter is now going to become a victim of this system and eventually take her own life."

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,684,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,684,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Christian parents from Montana who claimed they lost custody of their suicidal 14-year-old daughter after they refused to allow her to be admitted to a group home out of state over fears she could potentially seek surgical or hormonal gender interventions say they now face the possibility of arrest for sharing their story.

Todd and Krista Kolstad had their 14-year-old daughter removed from their custodylast month, and the state of Montana's Child and Family Services took the girl into its care.

Their daughter (known to the public as "Jennifer" for privacy reasons) began identifying as male in 2021 and requested that people call her "Leo," which her parents opposed.

Continued below.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,684,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Unfortunately, our society finds children whose life, health, and wellbeing are at serious risk from abuse and neglect, and only as a last resort, should they be removed from their home.

’I have asked the lieutenant governor to continue monitoring the case as it progresses.

'Further, Senate Bill 99, which I signed into law in April 2023, prohibits medical and surgical treatments to treat minors with gender dysphoria and also prohibits the use of taxpayer resources for such treatments.

'Our administration will continue to advance policies that strengthen our families and protect Montana kids, like what we have done to promote adoption and to ban permanent, invasive, life-altering medical procedures on children, like puberty blockers, hormonal treatments, and sex-reassignment surgeries.'

The ordeal began in August 2023 when Child Protective Services (CPS) went to the Kolstad's home in Glasgow to inspect the house and interview Jennifer, later determining that she needed to transition to get better.

Krista, who is Jennifer's step mother, and the girl's biological father, Todd Kolstad, said Jennifer had a tough upbringing and several undiagnosed mental health concerns, including attention-seeking behavior and lying, which they believe caused the urge to transition and were overlooked by social services.

Continued below.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟244,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
'Unfortunately, our society finds children whose life, health, and wellbeing are at serious risk from abuse and neglect, and only as a last resort, should they be removed from their home.

’I have asked the lieutenant governor to continue monitoring the case as it progresses.

'Further, Senate Bill 99, which I signed into law in April 2023, prohibits medical and surgical treatments to treat minors with gender dysphoria and also prohibits the use of taxpayer resources for such treatments.

'Our administration will continue to advance policies that strengthen our families and protect Montana kids, like what we have done to promote adoption and to ban permanent, invasive, life-altering medical procedures on children, like puberty blockers, hormonal treatments, and sex-reassignment surgeries.'

The ordeal began in August 2023 when Child Protective Services (CPS) went to the Kolstad's home in Glasgow to inspect the house and interview Jennifer, later determining that she needed to transition to get better.

Krista, who is Jennifer's step mother, and the girl's biological father, Todd Kolstad, said Jennifer had a tough upbringing and several undiagnosed mental health concerns, including attention-seeking behavior and lying, which they believe caused the urge to transition and were overlooked by social services.

Continued below.
Lord have mercy! That must be so difficult

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,684,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟244,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums