Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If India "torpedoed" into the Asian continent at the rate of 2cm/year, forming the Himalayan Mountains, where out in the ocean was India's starting point, and how did scientists ascertain it?

Please note: I want an exact starting point in the ocean where India began its journey, as I'm using this challenge to point out that science chisels and force-fits their data to get the results they're looking for.

It may take several tries, a computer, and several moments of "back to the drawing board" to force their conclusions to agree with other scientific disciplines (such as astronomy), but with the aid of computers it can be done.

So please tell me:

Where exactly was India's starting point, according to current models?

Reactions: DJWhalen

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lol not really but I'm not smart enough to do the math,

Neither am I.

But I'm sure academia has used computers to do it for them.

Over and over, until they get what they're looking for.

Sidenote: We share the same birthday (May 29th).

'Cept I was born in 1954.

Nice to meet you! :wave:

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know you can look this stuff up.

It formed about 130-120 million years ago and split from Madagascar around 90 million years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟246,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
The question only makes sense if India was created as it is someplace on the globe, and it retained its shape as it merged into the continent. The terrain has always been moving and changing since the Earth formed. Go back in time far enough, and the land mass known as India didn't exist, its parts were spread around and indistinguishable from what we know today.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟278,019.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If India "torpedoed" into the Asian continent at the rate of 2cm/year, forming the Himalayan Mountains, where out in the ocean was India's starting point, and how did scientists ascertain it?

Please note: I want an exact starting point in the ocean where India began its journey, as I'm using this challenge to point out that science chisels and force-fits their data to get the results they're looking for.

It may take several tries, a computer, and several moments of "back to the drawing board" to force their conclusions to agree with other scientific disciplines (such as astronomy), but with the aid of computers it can be done.

So please tell me:

I like it how you start off with a completely erroneous premise and the science is based on addressing this premise.
On a more serious note India's starting point was where Melbourne Australia is located today, the exact spot being the Curry Vault Indian restaurant.
I'll even supply the map for you.

Curry.png

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know you can look this stuff up.

Don't you know the answer?

I take it then that academia doesn't teach it?

(Probably because they don't know either; and they don't know because it didn't happen.)

And as far as your "you can look this stuff up" smokescreen; if you asked me who Daniel's three friends were, and I said "you know you can look this stuff up" ... what kind of an apologist would I be?

Dazzle me with a concrete answer and show me academia knows what it's talking about.

It formed about 130-120 million years ago and split from Madagascar around 90 million years ago.

So it moved 559,300,000 cm @ 2cm/year for 120-130 million years?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The question only makes sense if India was created as it is someplace on the globe, and it retained its shape as it merged into the continent. The terrain has always been moving and changing since the Earth formed. Go back in time far enough, and the land mass known as India didn't exist, its parts were spread around and indistinguishable from what we know today.

:sigh: Okay.

Just say you don't know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't you know the answer?

I take it then that academia doesn't teach it?

(Probably because they don't know either; and they don't know because it didn't happen.)

And as far as your "you can look this stuff up" smokescreen; if you asked me who Daniel's three friends were, and I said "you know you can look this stuff up" ... what kind of an apologist would I be?

Dazzle me with a concrete answer and show me academia knows what it's talking about.

So it moved 559,300,000 cm @ 2cm/year for 120-130 million years?

I am not an apologist, this is a basic question that the answer is out there. You can look this up.

Now it did "crash" into Asia about 50 million years ago, so it is likely it was faster before it started pushing into the Asia continent. But still, it looks like you have your answer now.

If you are looking for a concrete answer, you are still not understanding science for subjects like this. We don't know everything, we are still finding out things and sometimes the best answer we can make is an estimate.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

On a more serious note India's starting point was where Melbourne Australia is located today,

Thank you for confirming what I suspect:

1. It's not taught in academic circles.
2. Academia doesn't know where it started.

And that's because it didn't start out in the ocean and move anywhere.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Now it did "crash" into Asia about 50 million years ago, so it is likely it was faster before it started pushing into the Asia continent.

Got it.

Speed it up, slow it down, move it around here and there, chisel it until you get it to fit other scientific disciplines.

Science doing what it does best: moving their own goalposts until everything is force-fitted on paper.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for confirming what I suspect:

1. It's not taught in academic circles.
2. Academia doesn't know where it started.

And that's because it didn't start out in the ocean and move anywhere.
No, it didn't start in the ocean somewhere, it broke from the supercontinent of Gondwana during the Cretaceous. It did and does move, and we can show that by the geology of the sub-continent and the land masses that were next to it when it was joined in Gondwana.

Just because we don't know exactly where it started does not mean it is not true. I know it doesn't fit into your world view, but just because you like to play these word games does nothing to show your world view is correct.

Upvote 0