Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my opinion religions are the most wicked things ever devised by man.
I feel the same way.

Your religion, for example, reduces "child in the womb" to "fetus," resulting in a worldwide holocaust of infanticide that shows no slowing down.

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The point is God.
A construct about nothing doing nothing living no where, a mental aberration devised to alleviate fear, a throwback to the ancestral forest and an aid to survival, today it's simply the imagination working overtime.

• Agree
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Don't you mean "ancestral jungle"?
No because jungles are only in the tropics, the majority of the earth was covered in forests, either way it's obvious that you can not see the wood for the trees, you will not allow yourself to see what's happening because you force your mind to concentrate on the minutiae, the big picture is a no go area for you, your maxim is nit pick and remain a believer, never allow yourself to see what is really happening in your mind, how long have you been fooling yourself? all your life? but if you're happy being like that who cares.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No because jungles are only in the tropics, the majority of the earth was covered in forests, either way it's obvious that you can not see the wood for the trees, you will not allow yourself to see what's happening because you force your mind to concentrate on the minutiae, the big picture is a no go area for you, your maxim is nit pick and remain a believer, never allow yourself to see what is really happening in your mind, how long have you been fooling yourself? all your life? but if you're happy being like that who cares.
Wow.

I ask a simple question and get a paragraph about how my mind thinks.

Your ranting & raving reminds me of two boys on this side of the pond who went feral and ranted & raved themselves into history.

One even wore a shirt that said NATURAL SELECTION.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This "challenge" is nonsensical. It's not even a good parody of what the mechanisms of evolution look like and the conclusions drawn from them. It's "not even wrong."

Could you restate the challenge using perhaps a different analogy that makes more sense with regard to the actual issue you're attempting to raise for discussion?

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I ask a simple question and get a paragraph about how my mind thinks.
That's just it you don't think, you don't allow yourself to think because you are afraid to think.

Imagine if you started to think about why and what you believed and you stopped believing? you would be devastated and your life would fall apart, I fully understand why you can not allow that to happen, better to go to your grave in a deluded state than stop believing and learn the truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I feel the same way.
Your religion, for example, reduces "child in the womb" to "fetus," resulting in a worldwide holocaust of infanticide that shows no slowing down.
Even reality seems to be a religion to you, we are animals but you won't allow yourself to admit it, children and babies all over the world die from cancer every day, millions of "God's children" die of thirst and starvation every year and your "loving God" does nothing, your weird imaginings stop you from seeing life as it really is just because you are afraid of dying, self self self is all you think of and you feel safe in your little religious cocoon, it's pathetic.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
A car starts from Miami and drives to Prince Albert National Park.

It starts out with water in its radiator, and the farther north it travels the more its water "grayscales" into antifreeze.

Now ... given that water is HHO and antifreeze is CCHHHHHHOO; how did it pick up CCHHHHO along the way?

Isn't adding CCHHHHO to HHO an example of intelligent design in chemical evolution, if it's done manually (i.e., human punctuated equilibrium)?

And if it can only be done manually, how did a car get CCHHHHO added to its radiator without the cap ever having been removed?
Please learn to properly write chemical formulas or use the trivial names.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,720.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Even reality seems to be a religion to you, we are animals but you won't allow yourself to admit it, children and babies all over the world die from cancer every day, millions of "God's children" die of thirst and starvation every year and your "loving God" does nothing, your weird imaginings stop you from seeing life as it really is just because you are afraid of dying, self self self is all you think of and you feel safe in your little religious cocoon, it's pathetic.
If you continue in this direction, you will likely get banned sooner rather than later. And you're not convincing anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And you're not convincing anyone.
I know that, believers were not reasoned into believing so they can't be reasoned out of believing, believers must come to their senses on their own, I also know the aim of this site is to keep people believing no matter what.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I know that, believers were not reasoned into believing so they can't be reasoned out of believing, believers must come to their senses on their own, I also know the aim of this site is to keep people believing no matter what.

(no matter how true that may be, try not to insult people. you'll go far)

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,754.00
Faith
Atheist
The bolded is a popular trope - I've used it myself - but it isn't strictly true. People can come to their own realization that their beliefs are mistaken on the basis of rational arguments (preferably with factual evidence), but it doesn't seem to happen very often.

E.T.A. replaced itialising with bolding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...yes, that is how you do it, AV. Occasionally, you might see -COOH at the end of a chemical formula, or such, but otherwise we use subscript numbers.
C2O6H2 is not using subscript numbers.

Those subscript and superscript tags don't work here anymore.

Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
C2O6H2 is not using subscript numbers.

Those subscript and superscript tags don't work here anymore.
Technically true. C2O6H2 is an approximation of the true way of writing the chemical formula; it is not completely accurate, but it is far better than CCOOOOOOHH. (Mostly because it's easier to read the first than the second.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Technically true. C2O6H2 is an approximation of the true way of writing the chemical formula; it is not completely accurate, but it is far better than CCOOOOOOHH. (Mostly because it's easier to read the first than the second.)
You do it your way, and I'll do it mine?

How does that sound? :)

And please don't tell me to learn to properly write chemical formulas if you can't do it yourself here.

Upvote 0

Mobezom

Oct 30, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
✟17,180.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You do it your way, and I'll do it mine?

How does that sound? :)

And please don't tell me to learn to properly write chemical formulas if you can't do it yourself here.

That wasn't me. :D It was somebody else who told you to write them correctly.

And anway, there's a relativity of wrongness. Calling the Milky Way a disc is somewhat inaccurate, but it's better than calling it a porcupine. C2O6H2 is less wrong than CCOOOOOOHH.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That wasn't me.
I know it wasn't you.

But please don't tell me I'm wrong, if you can't do it yourself.
Mobezom said:
And anway, there's a relativity of wrongness.
Whatever.

Go tell someone who cares.

You two are the only two that are arcing and sparking about it.

Everyone else had the consideration (respect) to address it as I wrote it.

Upvote 0