Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A car starts from Miami and drives to Prince Albert National Park.

It starts out with water in its radiator, and the farther north it travels the more its water "grayscales" into antifreeze.

Now ... given that water is HHO and antifreeze is CCHHHHHHOO; how did it pick up CCHHHHO along the way?

Isn't adding CCHHHHO to HHO an example of intelligent design in chemical evolution, if it's done manually (i.e., human punctuated equilibrium)?

And if it can only be done manually, how did a car get CCHHHHO added to its radiator without the cap ever having been removed?

Last edited:

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It starts out with water in its radiator, and the farther north it travels the more its water "grayscales" into antifreeze.

Now ... given that water is HHO and antifreeze is CCHHHHHHOO; how did it pick up CCHHHHO along the way?

Isn't adding CCHHHHO to HHO an example of intelligent design in chemical evolution, if it's done manually?

And if it can only be done manually, how did a car get CCHHHHO added to its radiator without the cap ever having been removed?
Is there a mechanism of self reproduction with errors at play here? Because otherwise your "challenge" is analogous to a single individual, not a population, and, as has been explained to you repeatedly, evolution does not occur within individuals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because otherwise you "challenge" is analogous to a single individual, not a population,
Then just assume a whole parking lot full of cars left Miami for Prince Albert National Park.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Then just assume a whole parking lot full of cars left Miami for Prince Albert National Park.

Still doesn't work since cars are not biological organisms. Evolution only occurs in populations of biological organisms, not mechanical devices.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Still doesn't work since cars are not biological organisms. Evolution only occurs in populations of biological organisms, not mechanical devices.
Cough ... didn't I go out of my way to mention chemical evolution?

Do you see why I call these "challenges" now?

People will act like they don't understand what I'm asking, in an effort to get me to keep adding to my OP (see Post 2), until it is ruined by feature creep.

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist

Isn't adding CCHHHHO to HHO an example of intelligent design in chemical evolution, if it's done manually (i.e., human punctuated equilibrium)?

This is absurd - why did you think this would make any kind of point at all?

Upvote 0

SLP

May 29, 2002
✟21,532.00
Faith
Atheist

Cough - you failed to indicate WHY or HOW the water could change. E.g., what was the carbon source? What caused the reaction that created the new compound? If this was supposed to be an analogy to evolution, it was a very very stupid and inapplicable one.

Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

What is your point? I appreciate that it might be a shortcoming on my behalf but I don't get it.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟349,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single

People will act like they don't understand what I'm asking, in an effort to get me to keep adding to my OP (see Post 2), until it is ruined by feature creep.

Irrelevant. Your 'challenge' already failed in the title: automobiles cannot evolve because they are not biological organisms, they are machines. To evolve, an organism needs genes, which a car does not have.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

The only "challenge" here is recognizing your obvious logical fallacy. The fallacy is that of ambiguity. Chemical evolution proceeds by an entirely different mechanism than biological evolution.

Reactions: SLP and tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just as Christians assume there is a God? if you don't have an answer then make something up and tell yourself it's the answer, it works every time for the gullible.:ebil:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just as Christians assume there is a God?
More than that for Christians.

The existence of God, when taken a priori, leads to the realization of God being greater than a priori after one starts living the life.

Let me repeat this with Scripture.

The existence of God, when taken a priori ...

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

... leads to the realization of God being greater than a priori after one starts living the life.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
More than that for Christians.

The existence of God, when taken a priori, leads to the realization of God being greater than a priori after one starts living the life.

Let me repeat this with Scripture.

The existence of God, when taken a priori ...

... leads to the realization of God being greater than a priori after one starts living the life.

As I said it works every time for the gullible. (Of every religion)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As I said it works every time for the gullible. (Of every religion)
Actually it doesn't.

"God" in those verses is JEHOVAH JESUS, and I somehow can't picture those of other religions accepting that.

(Even some Christians won't accept it.)

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually it doesn't.

"God" in those verses is JEHOVAH JESUS, and I somehow can't picture those of other religions accepting that.
(Even some Christians won't accept it.)
"Every believer" accepts that their God is the real God because more often than not their parents (whom they love) told them so, the parents believed it so why shouldn't they? Religions are like languages they are handed down from parents to children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Every believer" accepts that their God is the real God because more often than not their parents (whom they love) told them so, the parents believed it so why shouldn't they?
You think we don't know this?

Are you familiar with the term "proselytizing"?

Upvote 0

Paul Finch

Nov 12, 2016
UK
✟2,052.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You think we don't know this?
Are you familiar with the term "proselytizing"?
Yet you still try to believe in something you know to be untrue? you also try to tell others that what you believe is true when you have absolutely nothing to back up your belief other than a single source, the Bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,905,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
you also try to tell others that what you believe is true when you have absolutely nothing to back up your belief other than a single source, the Bible.
That 'single source' [sic] is all I need.

Upvote 0