My church just changed their stance on homosexuals. What do I do?

ActionJ said:
When I go into forums designed for other denominations or for non-religious folks I get in trouble for making such statements. But a non-Christian can enter the "Conservative Christian" threads and say what they wish with impunity. Interesting!

Jesus, by the way, condemned sexual immorality, fornication, lust, and the like.

I am christian.

I find it very interesting you self identify as a Conservative then a christian. Your saying your a Conservative first, christian second.

The big problem with christianity in america is its been hijacked by politics. Christianity is now mixed with power, money, bigotry, politics, religion, oppression and political parties.

Upvote 0

korvus

[Luna] Christ-loving heretic
Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know what else is sin? Looking at (or thinking of) another in a sinful manner:

Matthew 5:28
, "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

The principle is clear: If a man or woman looks upon another with sinful intent then a sin has been committed whether physical contact has taken place or not.

Hmm, interesting.

As looking and lusting in the mind is as bad as committing adultery, then we have the Gay agenda already succeeded in letting these perverted individuals into clergy right under our noses.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
I am christian.

I find it very interesting you self identify as a Conservative then a christian. Your saying your a Conservative first, christian second.

The big problem with christianity in america is its been hijacked by politics. Christianity is now mixed with power, money, bigotry, politics, religion, oppression and political parties.

Did you happen to notice the title of this particular forum? "Conservative Christians" is the title! I didn't name it but that's what it's named. The forum is supposed to be designed for Christians who are also Conservatives who wish to discuss issues from a shared perspective or worldview.

It's my opinion that a Christian, by definition, is also a Conservative. Conservatives are opposed to abortion, homosexuality, secular humanism, atheism, evolutionism, inappropriate contentography, governmental oppression, and all things anti-Bible or anti-Christ (all which generally define the liberal viewpoint). Biblical Christians are opposed to the same.

Reactions: sonshine234
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, interesting.

As looking and lusting in the mind is as bad as committing adultery, then we have the Gay agenda already succeeded in letting these perverted individuals into clergy right under our noses.

Agreed! Satan is hard at work as he knows his time is short.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Time to find a new church. If they are going to water down their beliefs for culture sake then it is time to move on.

Amen to that!

Speaking of the return of Christ:

2 Thessalonians 2:3, "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"

We're simply witnessing a "falling away" from Christ's historic and Bible-based Church as folks embrace the mores of this evil world. We shouldn't be shocked considering the fact that the Bible have given us ample warning.

Upvote 0
ActionJ said:
Did you happen to notice the title of this particular forum? "Conservative Christians" is the title! I didn't name it but that's what it's named. The forum is supposed to be designed for Christians who are also Conservatives who wish to discuss issues from a shared perspective or worldview.

It's my opinion that a Christian, by definition, is also a Conservative. Conservatives are opposed to abortion, homosexuality, secular humanism, atheism, evolutionism, inappropriate contentography, governmental oppression, and all things anti-Bible or anti-Christ (all which generally define the liberal viewpoint). Biblical Christians are opposed to the same.

<cough>

</cough>

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a &amp;amp;amp;amp;quot; Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
<cough>

</cough>

Politics and government leadership is an extension of any society and culture. A group of Muslims will choose as their leaders folks who share their worldview. The same thing applies to Christians. A Christian who adheres to biblical principles will vote for a person who shares those values and principles. So politics, by extension and association, is directly tied to a person's spiritual, ethical, and moral worldview. It's my hope that politics will be "hijacked" by Christians.

"Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is their duty – as well as privilege and interest – of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."
- John Jay (Governor, Ambassador, 1st Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, Founding Father)

Reactions: Cachook
Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
let me tell ya this important fact besides it being a sin. there is scientific evidence in the genome project that there is no gay/bi/lesbian gene. so no people are not born that way so they can not make that excuse and claim before God and christians

I agree. Otherwise, men & women who reproduce would have bred that gene out of existence a long, long time ago (considering the fact that parents pass their genes onto their children). The only way a "gay gene" could continue to exist is if "gay" people could reproduce and pass their genes on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
<cough>

</cough>

You are a real one-trick pony, aren't you, kid?

Upvote 0

korvus

Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A homosexual gene would totally defeat the purpose of the scriptures which say the man shall leave his father and mother, cleave to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.
The entire human race would depopulate.
But how would the entire human race depopulate if not everyone is gay?

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
But how would the entire human race depopulate if not everyone is gay?

Interestingly, the "gay" population is on the rise. I doubt that a "gay gene" is somehow, miraculously on the rise. This strongly indicates one of several possibilities: homosexuality is a learned behavior rather than a genetic one; false teachings about God and the Bible have dismissed homosexuality as something other than a sin; peer pressure coupled with social acceptance is on the rise (rather than some phantom gene); or the spirit of antichrist is growing in power and influence (or any combination of the above).

Couple the increasing practice and acceptance of homosexuality with the increase in abortions and it's very possible that the western world IS depopulating. In fact, I suggest that you read "The Death Of The West" by Patrick J. Buchanan. He lays down the facts in clear and concise fashion. While the European nations are dramatically decreasing in population (most accept, practice, and even promote homosexuality and abortion) the Muslim nations are populating by leaps and bounds (nations that oppose homosexuality and abortion). The numbers don't lie.

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Interestingly, the "gay" population is on the rise. I doubt that a "gay gene" is somehow, miraculously on the rise. This strongly indicates one of several possibilities: homosexuality is a learned behavior rather than a genetic one; false teachings about God and the Bible have dismissed homosexuality as something other than a sin; peer pressure coupled with social acceptance is on the rise (rather than some phantom gene); or the spirit of antichrist is growing in power and influence (or any combination of the above).

Couple the increasing practice and acceptance of homosexuality with the increase in abortions and it's very possible that the western world IS depopulating. In fact, I suggest that you read "The Death Of The West" by Patrick J. Buchanan. He lays down the facts in clear and concise fashion. While the European nations are dramatically decreasing in population (most accept, practice, and even promote homosexuality and abortion) the Muslim nations are populating by leaps and bounds (nations that oppose homosexuality and abortion). The numbers don't lie.

People cannot dissent if dead, and particularly killed in the womb. What a vile thing, no?
Ah, but science has NEVER found a gay gene, and by nature, they would eventually dwindle off if it were so; they cannot reproduce. The situation was hypothetical. While more are choosing that vile abomination, it is a self-correcting issue. Every culture which embraced this abomination has fallen. Lest the nation repent, as well as the homosexual community, will end quickly at the hands of an angry God.

Reactions: ActionJ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
[/b]
People cannot dissent if dead, and particularly killed in the womb. What a vile thing, no?
Ah, but science has NEVER found a gay gene, and by nature, they would eventually dwindle off if it were so; they cannot reproduce. The situation was hypothetical. While more are choosing that vile abomination, it is a self-correcting issue. Every culture which embraced this abomination has fallen. Lest the nation repent, as well as the homosexual community, will end quickly at the hands of an angry God.

Well said! Homosexuality (and related "alities" and "isms") are yardsticks by which the depravity of a nation may be measured. Ours is certainly on the fast track to a proverbial hell.

Reactions: Cachook
Upvote 0

korvus

Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
[/b]

Ah, the day when God smites the United States with a brush of fire and brimstone, I can't wait until our justly angry God takes his vengeance on the world that suffers the evils of homosexuality for good.

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Leviticus 20:13

The homosexuals and their molestations and pervertedness will surely meet their doom and a jealous God.

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ah, the day when God smites the United States with a brush of fire and brimstone, I can't wait until our justly angry God takes his vengeance on the world that suffers the evils of homosexuality for good.

If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
Leviticus 20:13

The homosexuals and their molestations and pervertedness will surely meet their doom and a jealous God.

Not sure whether you are being a troll as you admit you are, or are agreeing. It is the sincere hope of every blood-bought child of God that every last man on earth repent that he can enter into the joy of the Lord, and not the gates of Gehenna, and that goes out especially to the homosexuals.

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
yes, but even though we are not to judge we are to discern and have protective boundaries that are set. that is what is healthy and good for us and God is a just God. these sinful things can not enter heaven.

We will judge men an angels. The perimeters are clear we are to judge in a Godly way. The trouble today is that we are told it is wrong, but the truth is that is how the Lord does it: he judges by the heart, by actions, and by the content of character, and not by works or intellect or stature or status, or even religious leanings. Being a Baptist with a Baptist line of preachers will not get one into heaven any more than living as a saved man with sin in his life.

Upvote 0