My church just changed their stance on homosexuals. What do I do?

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree that a private school should have the right to be selective depending on their rules.

Transgenders or "eunuchs" were part of the way of life back then, and what do you specifically mean by 'tempt' God?

Well to be on topic again, I'm just going to re-state that If you're attending a church that supports homosexuality and you don't, then you should go and find a different church that doesn't support the Gay agenda and doesn't uphold the Gay lifestyle.

An eunuch was castrated male, not a transgender individual. Transgender is classified as a mental disorder. Something along the lines of gender dimorphism is the title.

Upvote 0

korvus

[Luna] Christ-loving heretic
Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An eunuch was castrated male, not a transgender individual. Transgender is classified as a mental disorder. Something along the lines of gender dimorphism is the title.

Yes, castrated male, male pretty much made female, though not. This is the only real thing the Bible touches on pertaining to transgenderism, so it's accepted that transgenderism is fine.

I agree though there are a lot of whiny men out there that claim they want to be a woman yet really had rough childhoods that led to extreme man-hate, which is something I struggled my self until I cut my wrists.

I got over it, thankfully, and agree that there's only a small percentage of 'transsexuals' that really are people who were born with innate psychological/physiological differences that leads them to a deep seated need to change their sex.

Also I think the faux-transgenderism mocks hermaphrodites who are pretty much natural transgenders, and they REALLY know what it's like to have your gender put into a blender.

I really can't stand the obnoxious gender-queers that flirt their sexuality in front of other people, which being one myself I've learned that's flat out wrong. And worst a lot of the flirtatious types have the persecution complex that's everyone who's against them is a homophobe and hates homosexual people, which is again wrong.

It's ultimately one's choice to change their sex if they want to or not, but I do think this is rat-holing the thread a bit.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lesbian attends a conservative Christian college.

Just looking for trouble...

Honestly I wouldn't be even doing something like that. I could call gay discrimination, but it'd be like calling sex discrimination on a facility that's women's only or men's only, even though that's becoming questionable.

Hopefully discrimination against sexuality can be federally acknowledged as being as bad as race discrimination, instead of it only being enforced by state.

Yes sexual orientation is 'changeable', but only as changeable as a sex-change. There's a lot of psychological factors and even some biological factors with sexual orientation. It's not as simple as changing. One would have to truly be under the power of the holy spirit to make such a dramatic change, similar to healing blindness or cancer.

This is not only OFF topic it is diametrically opposite of what the Bible says about the matter.

Which is why most counsel the man to leave his church. It is difficult to leave loved ones behind but some things are more important than friends.

Reactions: Cachook
Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This is not only OFF topic it is diametrically opposite of what the Bible says about the matter.

Which is why most counsel the man to leave his church. It is difficult to leave loved ones behind but some things are more important than friends.

I am beginning to think Korvus is one of the most successful trolls on this board. Just ignore his posts. He wants an audience.

Upvote 0

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am beginning to think Korvus is one of the most successful trolls on this board. Just ignore his posts. He wants an audience.

I'm getting in late on this discussion but I agree that Korvus is missing the point. Fighting off the temptation of homosexuality or transsexual gender temptations is no different than a married man fighting off temptation to cheat on his wife. God has promised that there is no temptation that we cannot overcome through Him. Complex discussions about the physiological aspects of these things are pointless when God simply says it's a sin and you need to run away from the temptation.

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm getting in late on this discussion but I agree that Korvus is missing the point. Fighting off the temptation of homosexuality or transsexual gender temptations is no different than a married man fighting off temptation to cheat on his wife. God has promised that there is no temptation that we cannot overcome through Him. Complex discussions about the physiological aspects of these things are pointless when God simply says it's a sin and you need to run away from the temptation.

Amen, amen, amen! Follow Joseph's example and leave Satan with nothing!

Upvote 0

korvus

Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Cachook said:
Sorry for being off topic which is a usual habit for me. I've myself called out trolls and I might as well accept being a victim myself.
Additionally, troll or not, my opinion is no lessor or more than anyone else's on this board. Conservatives are often stereotyped as being ignorant of other sides and opinions, and it'd be mature to listen what every has to say.
Cachook, I've had a suspicion you were a troll, but I still nevertheless read your posts.

If you want to stay away from homosexuality, you indeed need to overcome the temptation. That does NOT mean to run from the temptation. You don't run from your problems to solve them, you must overcome them.
Jesus didn't run away from the man who was possessed by 2000 demons, he confronted them and they went out of the man.
I choose to bring psychology into the mix of religion and spirituality because our minds are the ultimate entity with which we observe God.

But as agreed by everyone this is off-topic.

3rd time: Leave a church you don't feel comfortable in.

It's like if you went to a church in a white town that you notice wants to discriminate against blacks once a black family tries to arrive. Just pack your bags and move to a different church.

As far as family and friends are concerned, if you don't want you and your family's sensibilities hurt anymore, it would be responsible to simply leave a message saying why you must leave the church, and then pray for them.

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As I said, because it's a possible sign of a throwaway account. A person could just be messing around with the community and be posing a Christian and say wacky things to make conservatives look bad.

According to Jesus, we're never good anyways. Only through God can we be made righteous in his eyes.

Honestly, on the internet, it's impossible to tell if Cachook is a puppet in an elaborate psyop.
May sound paranoid, but I pull this on other sites all the time and so I know the possibilities. Also it's the internet btw.

Arrogantly accuses me of being a spook while admitting to trolling other boards. Someone explain why this troll is not banned?

On point, however, with the BSA and DOJ caving in, it is but a matter of time until the church accepts LGBT and pulls out all the stops on not withstanding sound doctrine.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
On point, however, with the BSA and DOJ caving in, it is but a matter of time until the church accepts LGBT and pulls out all the stops on not withstanding sound doctrine.
Pansexualism has already devastated some denominations and is working on others, but there will always be churches that continue to adhere to God's will and intention.

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pansexualism has already devastated some denominations and is working on others, but there will always be churches that continue to adhere to God's will and intention.

Indeed, the faithful remnant. How few we are, but how mighty are the few!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

General Mung Beans

Resident Conservative Christian
Aug 25, 2009
Anaheim, CA
✟8,496.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm afraid I didn't read the whole thread (30+ pages), so I'd like to ask the OP: when your church said homosexuals are "born that way", do they in addition say that homosexual behaviour or at least homosexual lusts are not sinful (since at the least your church does seem to condemn homosexual acts) or that merely that some people are born with a natural tendency to the particular sin of homosexuality (much as other have say a natural tendency toward the sin of anger)?

Upvote 0

korvus

Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm afraid I didn't read the whole thread (30+ pages), so I'd like to ask the OP: when your church said homosexuals are "born that way", do they in addition say that homosexual behaviour or at least homosexual lusts are not sinful (since at the least your church does seem to condemn homosexual acts) or that merely that some people are born with a natural tendency to the particular sin of homosexuality (much as other have say a natural tendency toward the sin of anger)?

I think it'd be the first one (that homosexuality is not sinful in itself) as the OP wouldn't be starting a thread on it. It's never considered sinful to have homosexual tendencies, though it is a sin to have homosexual relations as God sees it as Abomination.

Any church that beliefs homosexuals are not committing sins don't belong to the greater body of Bible-based Christians that rightfully believe homosexuality to be an unnatural sin all together.

Arrogantly accuses me of being a spook while admitting to trolling other boards. Someone explain why this troll is not banned?
Again, how do we know the same thing about you, me, or anyone else on this site? Let's then pretend that nobody's a troll and not make waves about the entire situation.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Beware ... not really a " Chr
Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
=korvus;63355113]I think it'd be the first one (that homosexuality is not sinful in itself) as the OP wouldn't be starting a thread on it. It's never considered sinful to have homosexual tendencies, though it is a sin to have homosexual relations as God sees it as Abomination.

I agree with a portion of your post but how do you define "homosexual tendencies?" Would your definition include lustful thoughts or temptations of the flesh?

Upvote 0

korvus

Apr 16, 2013
✟8,376.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree with a portion of your post but how do you define "homosexual tendencies?" Would your definition include lustful thoughts or temptations of the flesh?
Physical contact with another body of a human being is what is abominable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Ahh bigotry, all this hate mixed in with conservative politics and manipulated doctrine. Its not surprising that the hot bed of slavery in America is still pushing mentalities like this, every day more loving generation are becoming the majority.

Wheels of justice keep turning, end christian oppression, Jesus is the way!

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Ahh bigotry, all this hate mixed in with conservative politics and manipulated doctrine. Its not surprising that the hot bed of slavery in America is still pushing mentalities like this, every day more loving generation are becoming the majority.
If by more loving you mean loving unless you disagree, then yes.

Bigotry? HA! Try your ridicule tactics elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Cachook

Jun 14, 2013
✟505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I think it'd be the first one (that homosexuality is not sinful in itself) as the OP wouldn't be starting a thread on it. It's never considered sinful to have homosexual tendencies, though it is a sin to have homosexual relations as God sees it as Abomination.

Any church that beliefs homosexuals are not committing sins don't belong to the greater body of Bible-based Christians that rightfully believe homosexuality to be an unnatural sin all together.

Again, how do we know the same thing about you, me, or anyone else on this site? Let's then pretend that nobody's a troll and not make waves about the entire situation.
You've got a new nickname, the One Trick Pony.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private

When I go into forums designed for other denominations or for non-religious folks I get in trouble for making such statements. But a non-Christian can enter the "Conservative Christian" threads and say what they wish with impunity. Interesting!

Jesus, by the way, condemned sexual immorality, fornication, lust, and the like.

Upvote 0

ActionJ

Jan 27, 2013
✟10,638.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Private
Physical contact with another body of a human being is what is abominable.

Do you know what else is sin? Looking at (or thinking of) another in a sinful manner:

Matthew 5:28
, "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

The principle is clear: If a man or woman looks upon another with sinful intent then a sin has been committed whether physical contact has taken place or not.

Upvote 0