Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Meh ... that's HitchSlap.

He's taken a LOT of flack from me in the past.

Check out this doosey: 120

And he took it like a champ in the next post.

He won a lot of respect from me on that one!
No worries, I generally never report anyone. I do however think the new rules can make CF more respectable and loving.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh great. So, could there ever be anything that could bring you down from 100% on that scale?
Probably not. Its not necessary anyway. On a side note, love is the greatest truth there is. Love can cure every problem in society, but pro science and logic posters on CF think love is just a neural response, and as a truth love is just subjective nonsense. Yet love is the greatest truth of all, and science's greatest blunder. Such so called objective thinking is like placing mankind under a computer as its Lord and master

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Probably not. Its not necessary anyway. On a side note, love is the greatest truth there is. Love can cure every problem in society, but pro science and logic posters on CF think love is just a neural response, and as a truth love is just subjective nonsense. Yet love is the greatest truth of all, and science's greatest blunder. Such so called objective thinking is like placing mankind under a computer as its Lord and master
How are you able to be so confident?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Is it reasonable to hold 100% confidence in something that can neither be proven or disproven?
Interesting question.
This atheist tends to think that - given that something is unfalsifiable - it is obviously so irrelevant to external reality that it doesn´t matter in the way falsibiable things matter. Typically, I avoid being mistaken because reality will kick me in the butt sooner or later. This, however, isn´t the case with metaphysical ideas.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is it reasonable to hold 100% confidence in something that can neither be proven or disproven?
Its faith. People use faith everyday. They don't know if they will be killed in a car accident yet they still drive. They weigh the risk. For me, there is no risk in believing scripture, so its more worthy of faith than driving a car.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Faith comes from God, its not something you can put under mankind's authority. You cant debate it, put it under a microscope, calculate it mathematically, or prove it with mans wisdom. Its holy, and above all that. Its Gods way so that no flesh can glory in his presence. God knows he need not prove himself, because he already has, yet mankind in all his wisdom chose to ignore it. Christ endured the Cross, he was the King of kings, yet he humbled himself for us, should we expect to not humble ourselves then?

1 Co 1:21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”[d

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Faith is not a popularity contest. While its true we are taught to love and do good for all people, its not our business to prove our faith with debate, or to seek approval from mankind. Christ was hated, rejected, and mocked. Should we as His followers expect anything less? Of course we will not be popular.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Its faith. People use faith everyday. They don't know if they will be killed in a car accident yet they still drive. They weigh the risk. For me, there is no risk in believing scripture, so its more worthy of faith than driving a car.
If you had to choose between the two, which would you say is more important to you, the need to know, or the need to believe?

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you had to choose between the two, which would you say is more important to you, the need to know, or the need to believe?
At the end of the day, Christ is my most cherished belonging. He is my friend when people fail, he's my hope when things seem hopeless, my strength when I'm weak. Its impossible for me to give him up. It matters not to me how many Hebrews escaped Egypt, I know many did because the scriptures say so, the scriptures that showed me that Christ would be my best friend. They proved true.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
At the end of the day, Christ is my most cherished belonging. He is my friend when people fail, he's my hope when things seem hopeless, my strength when I'm weak. Its impossible for me to give him up. It matters not to me how many Hebrews escaped Egypt, I know many did because the scriptures say so, the scriptures that showed me that Christ would be my best friend. They proved true.
You didn't answer my question.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The need to believe.

As the saying goes:

Aim for Earth, get Earth; aim for Heaven, get both.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The need to believe.

As the saying goes:

Aim for Earth, get Earth; aim for Heaven, get both.
At one point in my life, the need to believe was greater than my need to know, but at some point, there came a tipping point, and I realized I could no longer ignore reality.

Thanks for the honest answer, AV.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums