Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello my names Malik, a bit of background on me I grew up in church but didn’t really take God serious until I was 17 I saw that the one who loves God obeys his commands so I set out to be born again which I believe I was and to learn his commands but shortly after I stopped seeking after him and was weighed down by my sins and ended up losing my attitude of fighting against it and continued living in it, fast forward a couple months after being born again I lost what little understanding I had and settled for a lowland Christianity(not consciously) fast forward 2 years later I see the errors of my ways and deeply regret how I’ve lived my life and want to walk in a deep relationship with God but I feel no conviction for sins I just know in my heart they’re wrong I have full desire to forsake all sin and want to walk with God but I’m afraid I grieved the Holy Spirit so much that it departed and will never return, I understand God forgives all sin but his kindness is not be taken advantage which I’m afraid I trampled the grace of God and I also understand people can’t confirm if the spirit is in me or not but the spirit itself testifies to our spirit we are children of God my question is how do I get it back if I can I’ll do anything to have the privilege of being a Christ follower that God has forgiven for past sins but I feel no peace of anyone has any advice I’d greatly appreciate it

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
God forgives the moment you ask Him. :) "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." It is He who tells us to forgive seventy times seven times. Imagine how many times our God is able to forgive us!

Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God forgives the moment you ask Him. :) "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." It is He who tells us to forgive seventy times seven times. Imagine how many times our God is able to forgive us!

thank you I want desperately to accept that but I also see in scripture the dire importance to hold firm to the beginning of your faith all the way to the end I believe God can redeem even the worst of mistakes but because I feel my heart is hardend and diffrent fears that keep popping up in my mind with me being beyond Gods mercy I have a hard time discerning if this is Just or spiritual warfare

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,769.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hebrews 6:4-6 is for edge cases. It's talking about people who will not repent. But for people who do repent, there is plenty of hope - see Luke 15:11-32 and John 21:7-19. Repent and come to Jesus. He will receive you (John 6:37).

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
thank you I want desperately to accept that but I also see in scripture the dire importance to hold firm to the beginning of your faith all the way to the end I believe God can redeem even the worst of mistakes but because I feel my heart is hardend and diffrent fears that keep popping up in my mind with me being beyond Gods mercy I have a hard time discerning if this is Just or spiritual warfare
Greetings Malik k rice,
The Lord will never leave you or forsake you. For we walk by faith not by sight. You are a professed child of God so yes you are in spiritual warfare. Gird up your moxy equip your armor. David encouraged himself in The Lord we must do the same.
You have a promise from God that is more than you could ever hope for. You have one opponent. Stand firm in the faith against the principalities of darkness, and the world so numb. Raise your hands and praise The Lord for one day He shall come.

Upvote 0

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

God has never asked you to be perfect. Do you expect perfection from your children? Do you revoke your love from them if they mess up? What about even if they mess up 100 times? 1,000 times? Matthew 7:11 "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:8). Do you know agape love? It means "the highest form of love", it is unconditional. You do not have to be afraid. :)

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know.. there are MANY things Chinese eat I will NEVER eat. My wife is Chinese (1st Gen..meaning born here). She thinks shes as white as the next person lol. Yet you see my point? Its like Satan.. there are those that were around Christ.. say it all.. even tasted things.. yet.. they don't want it. There is nothing that can bring them back. There is nothing in them that wants to repent.

Your post alone shows your heart FOR HIM! Jumping to Hebrews 10.. just to cover it.. some Jewish people that were saved when they would sin would try to go back and offer a sacrifice for that sin. Paul.. aka the holy spirit said.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Can Christ die again? Puts Christ to open shame. As if His blood was not enough.

You are so loved.. its the enemy trying to just rob you. When the word comes.. the enemy comes in fast to take it. Don't let him. You were bought with a price.. paid for.. your HIS! You belong to a GOD.. that God that just happens to be? YEAH! Your FATHER! And your in HIS hands.. if you miss it.. get it wrong.. sin.. get up dust off (repent) and keep going! Just try to do a 180 when you sin.. not a 360 :)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟965,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
1Jn 1.9 tells you God will forgive and cleanse if you make a sincere confession. The parable at Lk 18, of the widow and the judge, teaches the need for persistence. You know what the Word says, you now have to walk in it and keep at it. In time the feelings will come.

Hebrews 6 is written as a worst-case warning, not to condemn. He says as much in the letter. He immediately goes on to say God will not forget their good works, and at 11.6 he says that God is pleased when we believe in both His power and His desire to reward us.

So confess the situation to God, dare to believe in His forgiveness and grace, which are rooted in His goodness, not in anything we have done, and then pick yourself up and start walking with the Lord. The enemy would like to tie you up with these morbid doubts, but they are not from God and do not reflect His wonderful character. "Taste and see that the Lord is good".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Greetings Malik k rice,
The Lord will never leave you or forsake you. For we walk by faith not by sight. You are a professed child of God so yes you are in spiritual warfare. Gird up your moxy equip your armor. David encouraged himself in The Lord we must do the same.
You have a promise from God that is more than you could ever hope for. You have one opponent. Stand firm in the faith against the principalities of darkness, and the world so numb. Raise your hands and praise The Lord for one day He shall come.

thank you brother you’re right my focus is off, I wanna mature in faith and that’s impossible when I’m stuck in my past to stand against the powers of this dark world isn’t easy it’s why I realize how important it is I find the spirit, heavenly vigilance, sometimes I feel like an adopted orphan in the body of Christ (not literally) but it’s kinda how I act with God it’s hard sometimes to know in my heart he loves me but he is a good father and you’re right his kingdom come thank you brother

Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God has never asked you to be perfect. Do you expect perfection from your children? Do you revoke your love from them if they mess up? What about even if they mess up 100 times? 1,000 times? Matthew 7:11 "If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:8). Do you know agape love? It means "the highest form of love", it is unconditional. You do not have to be afraid. :)

I see what you’re saying I know he doesn’t expect us to be perfect he desires for us to press on to perfection in reverence to him, but why I’m so hard on myself is because I strayed off the narrow path for a season I believe in my heart your right about Gods love his love far outweighs any human affection we can even understand and it’s not based on merit or anything we are it’s there unconditionally, I’ve just really struggled with accepting he still loves me even after I strayed from the narrow path even after starting out with a good solid foot in the door, I know a lot about God but I’ve never known him personally and that’s my hearts desire to know God in my relationship, thank you for your words tho❤️ They’ve been an encouragement

Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know.. there are MANY things Chinese eat I will NEVER eat. My wife is Chinese (1st Gen..meaning born here). She thinks shes as white as the next person lol. Yet you see my point? Its like Satan.. there are those that were around Christ.. say it all.. even tasted things.. yet.. they don't want it. There is nothing that can bring them back. There is nothing in them that wants to repent.

Your post alone shows your heart FOR HIM! Jumping to Hebrews 10.. just to cover it.. some Jewish people that were saved when they would sin would try to go back and offer a sacrifice for that sin. Paul.. aka the holy spirit said.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Can Christ die again? Puts Christ to open shame. As if His blood was not enough.

You are so loved.. its the enemy trying to just rob you. When the word comes.. the enemy comes in fast to take it. Don't let him. You were bought with a price.. paid for.. your HIS! You belong to a GOD.. that God that just happens to be? YEAH! Your FATHER! And your in HIS hands.. if you miss it.. get it wrong.. sin.. get up dust off (repent) and keep going! Just try to do a 180 when you sin.. not a 360 :)
Brother I see what you’re saying, that’s kinda why it’s been so bizarre for me to come back because in my heart I’m like huh am I finished or is there hope, I don’t see much hope in daily mundane activities but if I can live for God I feel I’d have a true purpose, even though I do feel mostly numb I do want to please God and perhaps I’m afraid I’ll be rejected because I rejected him not with speech but with how I lived, brother I have no desire to give up you’re right tho the devil will do anything everything to steal kill and destroy and it’s Gods job the comfort us in the midst of trial relying on God and I see what you mean because when we sin we want to run and hide like Adam but God wants honesty, no matter the case in spite of how I feel you’re right that we belong to God thanks brother

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,151,707.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Heb 6:4 has an interesting history. Hebrews wasn't accepted in the NT in the West until fairly late. A lot of it was this passage. Some in the West actually believed that once you've been baptized any sin is damning, and quoted this passage. It was finally accepted, in part because of the (almost certainly false) belief that Paul wrote it. However the usual understanding was that Heb 6:4 refers to a final and irreversible loss of faith, not to specific sins.

Luther considered its canonical status (i.e. whether it has full Scriptural authority) debatable, both on the grounds of its teaching on repentance and the fact that it's pretty obvious that it wasn't written by Paul, and its acceptance into the canon included the belief that it was.

Calvin acknowledged that its canonical status had been debated, on the grounds that many thought it said repentance was impossible. He accepted it, but understood it as referring only to a final rejection of Christ. Calvin agreed that its author was not Paul.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

agapelove

May 1, 2020
San Diego
✟50,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
:hug:
I see what you’re saying I know he doesn’t expect us to be perfect he desires for us to press on to perfection in reverence to him, but why I’m so hard on myself is because I strayed off the narrow path for a season I believe in my heart your right about Gods love his love far outweighs any human affection we can even understand and it’s not based on merit or anything we are it’s there unconditionally, I’ve just really struggled with accepting he still loves me even after I strayed from the narrow path even after starting out with a good solid foot in the door, I know a lot about God but I’ve never known him personally and that’s my hearts desire to know God in my relationship, thank you for your words tho❤️ They’ve been an encouragement

The parable of the Prodigal Son is where I find much of my comfort. It is a story of absolute unconditional love. I hope it can offer you the same.:hug:

Much love and prayers, brother!

Upvote 0

Malik k rice

May 2, 2020
Independence
✟10,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1Jn 1.9 tells you God will forgive and cleanse if you make a sincere confession. The parable at Lk 18, of the widow and the judge, teaches the need for persistence. You know what the Word says, you now have to walk in it and keep at it. In time the feelings will come.

Hebrews 6 is written as a worst-case warning, not to condemn. He says as much in the letter. He immediately goes on to say God will not forget their good works, and at 11.6 he says that God is pleased when we believe in both His power and His desire to reward us.

So confess the situation to God, dare to believe in His forgiveness and grace, which are rooted in His goodness, not in anything we have done, and then pick yourself up and start walking with the Lord. The enemy would like to tie you up with these morbid doubts, but they are not from God and do not reflect His wonderful character. "Taste and see that the Lord is good".

brother this is exactly what I need to do, thank you for this encouraging message, it’s so easy to condemn ourselves but God is greater than our hearts you’re right now I know and i have to walk or out, thanks again brother

Upvote 0

Billy UK

Dec 21, 2019
Somewhere
✟34,594.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello my names Malik, a bit of background on me I grew up in church but didn’t really take God serious until I was 17 I saw that the one who loves God obeys his commands so I set out to be born again which I believe I was and to learn his commands but shortly after I stopped seeking after him and was weighed down by my sins and ended up losing my attitude of fighting against it and continued living in it, fast forward a couple months after being born again I lost what little understanding I had and settled for a lowland Christianity(not consciously) fast forward 2 years later I see the errors of my ways and deeply regret how I’ve lived my life and want to walk in a deep relationship with God but I feel no conviction for sins I just know in my heart they’re wrong I have full desire to forsake all sin and want to walk with God but I’m afraid I grieved the Holy Spirit so much that it departed and will never return, I understand God forgives all sin but his kindness is not be taken advantage which I’m afraid I trampled the grace of God and I also understand people can’t confirm if the spirit is in me or not but the spirit itself testifies to our spirit we are children of God my question is how do I get it back if I can I’ll do anything to have the privilege of being a Christ follower that God has forgiven for past sins but I feel no peace of anyone has any advice I’d greatly appreciate it

According to the Bible, faith is the substance of things hoped for which involves a battle to believe in the mercy of God by hoping in it with a sincere and repentant heart.

Proverbs 16:6-8

By mercy
and truth iniquity is purged and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.

Psalm 147:11

The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Psalm 33:22

Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in thee

Upvote 0

George95

CF Tech Master
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
✟1,402,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Welcome Malik to CF! :) I would also advice if you would like to get an opinion from one of the CF Chaplains, you can also post in the Ask a Chaplain forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian