(Moved from American Politics) Vile Ann Coulter insults Gold Star parents

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,880.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
According to you. And all the other loyalist. I see it as Ann Coulter doing what Ann Coulter does, exposing the fact that with the American left everything is political and meant for political gain. She just could have worded it better.

All she exposed is her trolling abilities.

She does not expose anything about the left, she simply exposes her hatred.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
You may want to read what he actually said as opposed to just promoting the party line.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-...mp-statement-on-preventing-muslim-immigration

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.​

I'm sorry, was I supposed to include that weak and vague qualifier of "until"? Donald Trump wants to bar Muslim immigration to the USA until... we can figure out what is going on. Whatever that means.

The DNC used this man just as they used Cindy Sheehan and the mother of Michael Brown and anyone else they have ever felt they could politically profit from. The truth is Hillary Clinton doesn't give a crap about the fact Mr. Khan's son was killed in Iraq.

Man, a master debater and a mind-reader. What can't you do?

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Really? You think he disrespected his son's legacy by voicing his opposition to a man who if president has said he will ban the immigration of people like him and his son who died for this nation?

Most people are aware that Trump can't ban a group of people like that. It's not possible. But we should protect our borders. That is the job of the government. and that also means properly vetting people wanting to enter the country. And sorry for the Muslims, but millions of them are killing others in the name of Islam. We can't ignore that as if it isn't happening.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps they wanted to do it? You make it sound like they were coerced

Coerced? I said used. There's a difference.

And remember that Hillary called one of the mothers of those killed in Benghazi a liar. Hopefully you were as outraged. The left wasn't. Ann Coulter's comments are an opportunity for fake outrage. For political purposes.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There is this one fan fiction I read...

"This person is saying stupid, offensive things just to get people angry. Because it gets those people angry, it's a good thing!" Yeah, I don't think you thought this one through very well. It's instances like this that help vindicate the idea that most of what conservatives peg as "political correctness" is really just being nice to people. Or, in this case, not being a spiteful, hateful bigot to people.

Again, this is just a defense of bigotry for bigotry's sake. Yes, Ann says many offensive things and people talk about it. But she also gets a ton of support from people like you. Why?

There is just so much wrong here.

First of all: having the father of a marine who earned the bronze star sacrificing his life to save his brothers in arm is on the same level as having Michael Brown's mother there. No, I don't think that's a fair assessment. They were also meant to serve different purposes; this was a story of personal testimony and loss; the "mothers of the movement" were there as that: mothers of the movement. And there's no reason to assume that the DNC was "using" this man; there's no indication he didn't want to be there, and his message is kind of important. And finally, they spoke at length about how the issues of police violence and community trust are intertwined.

There's also no reason to spend a whole lot of time speaking about fallen policemen. It is an issue, and it would be nice if cops never died in the line of duty, but the fact is that police deaths have been on a steady downward trend for quite some time. 2015 was the safest year in decades for the police; before that, 2014. You might as well talk about fallen loggers.

He entered the political arena because one side of the political arena has rallied behind someone who actively wants to ensure that the American dream he lived and his son died in service of would be denied to him because of his religion. Why is this so hard to understand? Trump wants to bar muslim immigration. These Muslim immigrants oppose that. "Used"? What are you even talking about?

Oh, and by the way? Trump's rise has been accompanied by a spate of anti-Muslim violence. But I'm sure this guy is just a patsy being used by the DNC. There's no way an American Muslim would want to speak on behalf of his demographic against a man who would prefer to see that demographic not be allowed to be part of America.

You need to learn how to be pithy. Keep it pithy as Bill would say.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Honestly guys. This is just sad. Can't you guys all tell that she was just being sarcastic? I mean it's so obvious. The only people who can't tell she's being sarcastic are nobodies.

[my emphasis] Said it before, I'll say it again. Including the word "but" in a sentence is like saying "this isn't actually true but I WILL tell you what is true. You pull it off to GREAT effect here.

All one has to do is look up some of the quotes from Ann and they will see this latest one fits right in with the rest. It's nothing new. And I'm not a huge fan. I don't read her books or visit her website. But when she's in the news I think, "There she goes again." And the next few weeks she has everybody talking about her. It's funny how easily some can be manipulated.

Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Again, I am sorry for his loss. But his presence at the Convention wasn't in any manner an attempt by either Hillary Clinton or anyone at the DNC to honor his loss. It was a political stunt, nothing more.

I see it as Ann Coulter doing what Ann Coulter does, exposing the fact that with the American left everything is political and meant for political gain. She just could have worded it better.

Bingo. Exactly what most here don't see. It was a stunt. Sadly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BlueBrown

Honk
Jul 29, 2016
That internet place
✟16,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I think the OP is all wet. Ann Coulter didn't insult the parents. She exposed the hypocrisy of the left.
At this point I don't think a person could pass wind without you saying it exposed the hypocrisy of the left.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

PapaZoom

Nov 3, 2013
car
✟59,306.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
As for Trump's position on Muslim immigration:

Terrorism.JPG

Upvote 0