Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I decided I would share some of the funny and strange stories of my life time. Majority of my stories are what has transpired in my own life and the lives of those around me. Even funny stories.

If you have any stories to share please feel free to do so. However, I ask that you keep it clean and encouraging.

Let's start with last night.

I wanted to have popcorn. So I decided that I would make some on the stove in a pot. Our popcorn maker decided to croak. Whenever you turned it on it sounded like someone is choking the life out of it. Anyway, I got out the pot and put the popcorn in. I turned on the burner to high. I waited. And then I saw smoke coming from the bottom of the pot. I'm like, "Oh no". I figured the heat was to high so I turned it down. I waited. I heard a pop. Several seconds later I heard another pop. But the popcorn didn't pop the way I thought it would. It was going in slow motion. A pop here and a pop there. Not this fast popping like popcorn should pop.

So I checked it. And I opened the lid and saw smoke coming out of the pot. I'm like, "NOOOOOO!!!" I call to my husband, "Honey, I burnt the popcorn." He comes into the kitchen. By this time the kitchen is smoky and the apartment smells like burnt popcorn. Even I started to smell like a burnt popcorn. My husband looks at me and asks if I put a bit of oil in the pan. I looked at him as if he lost his mind.

If you can imagine this, I had a burnt pot and burnt popcorn. My husband takes the pot, dumps out the burnt popcorn into the garbage and scrubs out the pot. He put some oil on the bottom of the pan and turns on the heat. I hear sizzling, thinking in my mind that it is going to be fried popcorn instead of burnt popcorn.

And then I hear pop, pop, pop. Not this slow motion popping, but a fast popping. My husband takes the lid off the pot. And low and behold there is no smoke, no burnt popcorn. But this most beautiful popped popcorn. He puts the popcorn in a bowl, pours a bit of butter over it and puts in a bit of salt and hands me this beautiful bowl of popcorn. I started to eat it and I ate some more. I ate the whole bowlful.

I thanked my husband for popping the popcorn for me. So much for my burnt popcorn. I couldn't even offer it as a burnt sacrifice even if I wanted to. But I looked at the bottom of the pot. It was burnt. My husband looks at me and says, "I can always get you another pot." My exact words, "Thanks Dear."

HMMMM. Now I know how to get new pots.

Last edited:

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now here in Canada where I live the weather was good but still on the cold side. We are still in our winter season. It was a quiet and sunny day. My husband and I decided to go for a drive and go to Rondeau Park. It is a park that is a conservation type park where people can go camping, swimming, go through nature trails, bird watch, etc. The park also has animals such as deer, foxes, rabbits, raccoons, lots of beautiful birds, butterflies that come in the summer. The Monarch butterflies come here in late spring. We also have chipmunks which I think are funny critters. There is the bay on one side of the park and the lake on the other side of the park.

My husband and I went for a walk on both sides. As we were coming back from the lake I noticed these little tiny white things flying by. I thought it was snow. I looked around to see if I could see more. Of course I didn't but then it came more in number. I asked my husband what it was flying by. He thought it was snow. But it was a clear sky, not a cloud in sight. We kept walking and as we kept walking we kept seeing these white things fly by. So then my husband stated that maybe it was the fluff or fuzzy seeds from the reeds. But I told him that it was past the season for them to be floating by. He stated not necessarily. So we kept on walking. My curiosity got the best of me so I started catching these white things. Of course I couldn't catch one in the beginning. I even tried to catch them off the road and pick them up. Now if you can imagine this, I was like a little girl trying to catch these white things.

Finally I was able to catch one. It didn't melt in my hand. It just broke apart. I told my husband fuzzies don't break apart like that. So I thought for sure that it was snow. So again I looked around at the sky and still no cloud in sight. Finally I told my husband, "Maybe God is sending us holy snow." And then I said, "Maybe it is manna from heaven."

Few minutes later my husband stated, "The Park Superintendent told us that they were doing a swamp burning. And it is coming in the direction that they stated they were doing the burning. It is ashes that we are seeing."

Then I clewed in. So I caught another and rubbed it together in my fingers and sure enough it smeared like ashes do. White ashes.

I just thought it was funny how the ashes kept us entertained. And me trying to catch one like a little girl at play.

Well they do say that small things do amuse small minds. While smaller minds look on.

Moriah Ruth

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The one thing that I love the most is the quietness and solitude. Where there is no traffic noise, nothing running in the background, no children playing or screaming, no neighbors making noise. It is just complete quietness.

I love the wee hours of the morning when everything is quiet and everyone else is sleeping. There is such a stillness in the air, such peace. This is also why I enjoy going to Rondeau Park. The last time that I was there it was so quiet, with no traffic going by. When one is in the city, even in the rural areas or remote areas, it may be quiet but yet if one were to listen carefully they can still hear the sound of traffic.

When I go to Rondeau Park, you don't even hear this at all. However one will hear the sound of birds. To me this is music to my ears. Each bird has their own song. From the robin, to the cardinal, to whichever bird. It is a beautiful sound to behold.

Now on the day that I went to Rondeau Park it was still cold, with snow still on the ground. Yet it was the most sunny, mild and still day. There is still ice on the bay side as well as the lake side. Walking through the park was like heaven to me. It was so still and quiet that you could not even hear traffic from a afar. Only an occasional bird singing here and there. I loved every minute of it. In this stillness and quietness is peace. It relaxes ones mind and stress of the day.

When one has had a hectic day or a stressful life, they should go to quiet places such as Rondeau Park and just sit quietly and listen to the stillness and quietness. It is like medicine to the very being. All worries slip away for a few hours. The mind is able to slow down and rethink through what one can do in situations.

You should try it sometime. God gives us this quietness also to be with Him, to talk to Him. To hear what He is laying on our hearts. It is His way of saying I am still here and I am still your Creator. Take your rest in Me.

Moriah Ruth

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Such quiet places as these.

1959737_721869514500002_1187680331_n.jpg

1012089_722151981138422_2140389192_n.jpg

I will be adding more as I go along. But this will give you an idea of quietness, peace, solitude and rest.

Moriah Ruth

Last edited:
Upvote 0