Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I explained it in subsequent posts. The "voter fraud that never exists" is a certain type of vote fraud (i.e. in-person, at the polls, post-registration) and it's extreme rarity is brought up as an argument against the alleged need for voter id laws.
Let's go with that then.

So, who exactly do you believe is "voting" in place of the deceased voters? And why would voter ID not help solve that problem? (Not that the OP had anything to do with voter ID.)

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟561,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's go with that then.

So, who exactly do you believe is "voting" in place of the deceased voters?

I don't know. Possibly no one. It's possible these are merely clerical errors with a legitimate voter voting and their vote merely being assigned to the wrong person.

And why would voter ID not help solve that problem?

Voter ID does nothing to fix clerical errors.

The article doesn't specify the form of voting (i.e. in-person, mail-in, etc) for each of the errant votes. If the errant votes were done by mail, then voter ID laws don't stop that, either.

(Not that the OP had anything to do with voter ID.)

k

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. Possibly no one. It's possible these are merely clerical errors with a legitimate voter voting and their vote merely being assigned to the wrong person.

The article doesn't specify the form of voting (i.e. in-person, mail-in, etc) for each of the errant votes. If the errant votes were done by mail, then voter ID laws don't stop that, either.
Not seeing an effective argument there, Iluvatar.

Voter ID will no doubt fix some of the allegedly "clerical" errors. For example, drivers licenses have expiration dates, consequently dead people will only be able to vote for the few years left on their driver's licenses but not after the expiration date.
Winking_smiley.gif

That would apply to early voting by mail as well.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It isn't that it never happens, but that in person fraud is exceedingly rare, easily stopped without IDs and dwarfed massively by mail in fraud where anyone can pretty much send in the ballot.

It may be a smaller problem, but a problem
nonetheless. The same as hackable voting
machines and ballot box stuffing. They all
need to be dealt with ASAP.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

It will stop those who seek to vote multiple times,
whether in one or multiple precincts, those who
would vote under a false name or those not eligible
to vote at all.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Let's go with that then.

So, who exactly do you believe is "voting" in place of the deceased voters? And why would voter ID not help solve that problem? (Not that the OP had anything to do with voter ID.)

Less than 300 votes among millions isn't a problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Neither Scott Walker nor any Republican crafted a law to disallow military votes. That's something Democrats do, mainly because the military tends to vote Republican. However, military ID is allowed in Wisconsin. The US Uniformed Services card is accepted. A Military Veteran Affairs ID is not.

Active Military and Permanent Overseas voters are NOT required to provide a photo ID when they vote by absentee ballot, but if they vote in-person, they must present photo ID.
Actually He did. They crafted the voter ID laws that disenfranchised veterans. That may not have been their intention, but it was the result.

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It isn't that it never happens, but that in person fraud is exceedingly rare, easily stopped without IDs and dwarfed massively by mail in fraud where anyone can pretty much send in the ballot.
How is in person voter fraud stopped without ID?

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh we could have more strick voter registration laws.
Many states require a photo identification in order to register to vote. In those cases showing ID to prove you are the person who is listed on the roster at your specific polling place shouldn't be an issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How is in person voter fraud stopped without ID?
In my town they have you sign when you vote. So as long as you vote, no one can steal your vote. If you aren't on the list of registered voters, you don't get to vote.

Reactions: Veritas
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Requiring ID doesn't disenfranchise voters.
It can and has. You have to accept common forms of ID, make ID free and easily available. That hasn't happened, so many get shut out.

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my town they have you sign when you vote. So as long as you vote, no one can steal your vote. If you aren't on the list of registered voters, you don't get to vote.
My home state requires photo ID to register. Then at the polling place you have to show your voter card or a picture ID and then sign.

I have no issue with photo ID at poling places. Voting is a citizen right. One vote per person. How else do we insure it is a person permitted to vote if we don't insure that one person registered, who likely showed ID when registering, is the one now voting at the polls?

Upvote 0

Judahs_Lion

May 23, 2016
San P
✟15,721.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Requiring ID doesn't disenfranchise voters.
No, it doesn't. We vote every four years. Anyone on public assistance has ID. Anyone who doesn't drive can afford a state ID card. At less than 10$ in most cases it is easily afforded even if someone thinks they need to save up for those four years.

With the influx of undocumented people into America, we have to protect the vote that is a citizens Constitutional right.

Upvote 0