More Fellowship with Soph and Friends (197)

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tender Moments

You don’t have to be brilliant to remember that a child is not an adult. Or a child psychologist to know that kids are “under construction.” Or possess the wisdom of Solomon to realize that they didn’t ask to be here in the first place. And that spilled milk can be wiped up and broken plates can be replaced.

I’m not a prophet, nor the son of one, but something tells me that in the whole scheme of things the tender moments with a child are infinitely more valuable than anything I do in front of a computer or a congregation. Something tells me that the moments of comfort I’ve given my children are a small price to pay for the joy of seeing my daughter do for her daughter what her dad did for her! Moments of comfort from a parent. They are the sweetest moments in a parent’s day! Make sure your child knows of your love and concern.
From The Applause of Heaven by Max Lucado

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
:wave:

Today is . . .

National Peach Pie Day
Knife Day
Pluto Demoted Day
Vesuvius Day
Wayzgoose Day
William Wilberforce Day
National Waffle Iron Day
ctay must like today as she can waffle her iron and make a peach wilberforce wysgoose waffle

Upvote 0

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Here are today’s five thing to know about Peaches

1. Did you know? Peaches were once known as Persian apples.
  2. “You’re a real peach” originated from the tradition of giving a peach to the friend you liked.
  3. Peaches were mentioned as early as 79 A.D. in literature.
  4. Most peaches are cultivated by grafting different combinations of rootstocks to scions; not raised from seed
  5. There are over 700 varieties of peaches-some Chinese varieties are even flat like hockey pucks.

Upvote 0

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
peach-pie-2-682x1024_zpsd7dfsjq5.jpg

FRESH PEACH PIE

Ingredients

• For the Pie Crust:
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and diced into small pieces
  • 1/4 cup shortening, cold
  • 1 large egg yolk
  • 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
  • 1/3 cup cold milk
    For the Peach Filling:
  • 6 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4-1/2 cup granulated sugar (adjust this based on sweetness of peaches)
  • sprinkle of salt
  • sprinkle of nutmeg
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
  • 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (go up to 5 if peaches are really watery)
    For Assembly:
  • 1/4 cup butter, in small slices
  • 1 egg, with 1 teaspoon of water beaten
  • Granulated sugar for garnish
Instructions

1. For The Crust:
  2. To a large bowl, add sifted all-purpose flour, salt and granulated sugar and whisk together to blend.
  3. Next, add diced butter and shortening to the dry mixture. Using a pastry cutter or fork, begin cutting butter and shortening into the flour creating various sizes of crumbs. The crumbs should range from course pea shapes to larger chunks.
  4. Add one egg yolk and vinegar to crumb mixture and stir around to combine.
  5. Finally, slowly pour in milk around the entire mixture in three intervals of ¼ cup, using your hands to begin bringing the dough together.
  6. After the last milk addition, shape the dough with your hands into a flatter ball disk. Wrap the ball in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (I like to refrigerate longer to make sure the dough stays cold during latticing or decorating the pie).
    For The Peach Filling:
  7. In a large bowl, add peaches, lemon est and juice, both sugars, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour and toss together until peaches are well coated.
    For Assembly:
  8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  9. Roll out half of the pie dough and place the rest in the refrigerator. Add rolled out pie dough to the bottom of your pie plate.
  10. Fill pie dough with peach filling.
  11. Dot top of peach filling with butter.
  12. Roll out remaining dough and add to the top of the peach filling in a full sheet, in a lattice design or in another decorative design of your choosing.
  13. Brush top of pie crush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
  14. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and inside peach filling is bubbling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Here are today’s five thing to know about Peaches

1. Did you know? Peaches were once known as Persian apples.
  2. “You’re a real peach” originated from the tradition of giving a peach to the friend you liked.
  3. Peaches were mentioned as early as 79 A.D. in literature.
  4. Most peaches are cultivated by grafting different combinations of rootstocks to scions; not raised from seed
  5. There are over 700 varieties of peaches-some Chinese varieties are even flat like hockey pucks.
I'm not a peach fanatic myself

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Upvote 0

littleredkiss484

Follower of Christ
Apr 11, 2006
Michigan
✟306,366.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:wave:

Today is . . .

National Banana Split Day
Kiss and Make Up Day
National Park Service Day
National Second-hand Wardrobe Day
National Whiskey Sour Day

bakingitreal-wordpress-com_zpswfl0raqq.jpg

Here are today’s five thing to know about Banana Split

1. The banana split was invented in 1904 at Strickler’s Drug Store in Pennsylvania.
  2. A banana split starts with a banana split lengthwise, topped with scoops of ice cream, assorted syrups and finally whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.
  3. A banana split is an ice cream-based dessert. In its classic form it is served in a long dish called a boat.
  4. A banana is cut in half lengthwise (hence the split) and laid in the dish.
  5. There are many variations, but the classic banana split is made with scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream served in a row between the split banana.

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums