toyotafan

Jan 3, 2004
Phoenix
✟262.00
Faith
Christian
Hello,

I got a question... I've been needing some tools for working on this pontiac I got sitting on the driveway. So I went to the pawn shop and 2 ratchets and some sockets cheaper than cheap ($2). Now here is my dilema - I hear people can steal stuff and then sell them to the pawn shop - So I dont know if the tools are stolen or just honorably pawned - Is it still right to buy these tools?

I was recently saved and want to change all the bad in my life:

A few years ago my dad and I were at a truck stop (were were making a trip to california from phoenix) and he bought a watch from a some guy standing around there for $20. I really liked the watch and asked him to give it to me for christmas like 2 years ago because it just sat on his dresser all the time. This watch is my favorite watch and my only watch.

Now here is the problem:
I think something is shady in this deal because it is titanium housed and solar powered (no batts) and looks like it carried a price tag greater than like $20. I fear the watch was might be stolen or something . I prayed and asked for what to do this watch but im not getting a real answer.

What should I do?

TNX!

drdeancrosby

Oct 18, 2003
HAWAII
✟210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Don't worry,God isn't ignoring you because He doesn't like you.But He probably does think you're funny.It's extremely refreshing to run into someone like you who takes his faith so seriously.We could use alot more people like you in the anti-war movement.It would get your mind off your cheap things too.I mean there are huge moral outrages going on in the world (murder,maiming and crimes against humanity just to start the list) so the source of your purchases really is very unimportant,especially since you have no way of knowing whether they were stolen or not.Furthermore your concern about the watch becomes completely irrelevant because it occurred before you became a Christian.Ok let's take care of this right now to save both you and God some time.Just say these words outloud - FATHER PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY WRONG-DOING CONCERNING THE PURCHASE OF MY WATCH.That takes care of that problem.Please don't talk to God about it any more,IF you did anything wrong,you're forgiven.Permanently.I still God thinks you're funny.And the problem with the pawn shop tools- ok here's what you can do- call the Better Business Bureau and see if they have an acceptable consumer record.If they do,don't worry about what you buy there.The source of their merchandise is the owner's moral responsibilty not yours.You've got a tremendous amount of faith.Now you just need to put your excellent morals to work in dealing with the real problems in the world.Yes it's true,stealing is a sin,but mass murder is much more of a problem that is just crying out for your attention.

Upvote 0

secretdawn

Nov 24, 2003
Missouri
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Christian
toyotafan said:
Hello,

I got a question... I've been needing some tools for working on this pontiac I got sitting on the driveway. So I went to the pawn shop and 2 ratchets and some sockets cheaper than cheap ($2). Now here is my dilema - I hear people can steal stuff and then sell them to the pawn shop - So I dont know if the tools are stolen or just honorably pawned - Is it still right to buy these tools?

I was recently saved and want to change all the bad in my life:

A few years ago my dad and I were at a truck stop (were were making a trip to california from phoenix) and he bought a watch from a some guy standing around there for $20. I really liked the watch and asked him to give it to me for christmas like 2 years ago because it just sat on his dresser all the time. This watch is my favorite watch and my only watch.

Now here is the problem:
I think something is shady in this deal because it is titanium housed and solar powered (no batts) and looks like it carried a price tag greater than like $20. I fear the watch was might be stolen or something . I prayed and asked for what to do this watch but im not getting a real answer.

What should I do?

TNX!
sounds like with the watch you aren't going to feel better til you get rid of it...so pawn it and give the money to charity...then god can work with it...

the tools are different...maybe don't buy from a pawn shop anymore if you don't feel comfortable, but keep the tools...there is no reason to think you have stolen items, and you didn't do anything wrong...so use them...

Upvote 0

drdeancrosby

Oct 18, 2003
HAWAII
✟210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Maybe I didn't explain it well enough.It's very unlikely that you did anything wrong but it doesn't make any difference if you did not.It's not an issue of whether a sin was committed.The important thing is that any and all sins will be forgiven if you ask God to do so.Sin -free living just ain't going to happen for you.Don't get bent out shape when you make a mistake.Just keep asking God for forgiveness.Once.Then it's done.Just forget about it.If you keep fussing over what you think are sins,you're not trusting God to forgive you and that's a type of sin - LACK OF FAITH.

Upvote 0