crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I foumd out exactly wh this is so , why money has become empty promises , almost nothing behind it any more... why it must end fairly soon because of its unfair balances ...

This very enteratining little animated video explains the sad truth about the very basis of modern society , our money system :-

http://tinyurl.com/2uoexg

Ir0nClad

Apr 25, 2004
✟7,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I foumd out exactly wh this is so , why money has become empty promises , almost nothing behind it any more... why it must end fairly soon because of its unfair balances ...

This very enteratining little animated video explains the sad truth about the very basis of modern society , our money system :-

The link points to a dead movie. Can you sum it up for us or post a new link?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

pennywise121

Dec 13, 2007
✟115.00
Faith
Baptist
No offence Stranger, but the key word in that verse is love. The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. If your happy without it, you should be happy with it. I have a pretty good idea where your going so remember "money" 2000 years ago was gold and silver. Even if we got rid of our fiat system based on the credibility of our government, gold and silver would still lead us down the wrong path if we loved it.

Upvote 0

Ir0nClad

Apr 25, 2004
✟7,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No offence Stranger, but the key word in that verse is love. The LOVE of money is the root of all evil. If your happy without it, you should be happy with it. I have a pretty good idea where your going so remember "money" 2000 years ago was gold and silver. Even if we got rid of our fiat system based on the credibility of our government, gold and silver would still lead us down the wrong path if we loved it.

I agree, any system that is adopted by the world is only a temporary fix until Jesus returns.

Upvote 0

Hagnismos

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
✟592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I appreciate the message you are trying to bring and it is true, that and so much more.

Money would not be half as much of a burden if we used it to glorify the Lord. Sadly that really only happens in the minds of us poor chumps who keep filling the ofereing plate each Sunday. And then if you ask the pastor where did he get the new caddy and the sounds system in every room of his $450,000 house it's a song and dance.

To someone who is desparate for God nothing compares to Him. Money comes and it goes, Paul was content in whatever place he found himself.

Each one has to account for God with what they do with their time, talents and assets. I only speak harshly of it when it is agreggious, and I think there is a level of wealth and of luxury that is simply gross.

To be less lofty in my speech I should mention that the temptation to have more money comes from the fact that money is a high tower to the rich. It feeds the ego, the self, it seems to bring access to everything the carnal mind and flesh would desire, therefore it can prove the most powerful of drugs, the most addicting of elixirs.

One is wise to be circumspect, redeeming the time for the days are evil. (Ephesians 5:15-17)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

phoenixgw

Dec 21, 2006
Sojourner
✟940.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the word "covet" pretty much covers it. It's beyond greed, it's desiring what everyone else has until you have everything and they have nothing.

Economic leaders have realized this and have decided to restrict fuel and grain supplies to drive up prices and demand. This results in one person dying every 3.5 seconds. That's only 9M deaths a year in a world of almost 7B people. Obviously, people are not dying fast enough.

One can only imagine the Malthusian genocides the world leaders will think up to get rid of the rest of the "clutter."

You're probably asking yourself, "Am I part of the problem?" You probably know the 10:1 rule. For every 10 lbs. of grain an animal eats, we get 1 lb. of meat. Therefore, for every pound of grain-fed meat you eat, you are wasting 9 lbs. of grain that could have fed a family of 4 for a week.

And hearing about the coming food hikes, you may have bought one of those 100 lb. bags of rice or flour and stocked your pantry like Armageddon's coming. Just one of those bags could feed a village for a whole month. The more you buy, the higher the price will go, and the faster the third world people will starve to death.

If you haven't converted your vehicles to run on methane or used cooking oil, you're helping to keep fuel prices high and that results in higher costs for relief organizations. The net result is less grain getting to where it is needed.

How much have you coveted what money can buy? A juicy steak, roast chicken, pork chops, a well stocked pantry, convenient transportation, financial security; all at the expense of the world's poor.

The love of money is indeed the root of all evil:mad:

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think the word "covet" pretty much covers it. It's beyond greed, it's desiring what everyone else has until you have everything and they have nothing.

Economic leaders have realized this and have decided to restrict fuel and grain supplies to drive up prices and demand. This results in one person dying every 3.5 seconds. That's only 9M deaths a year in a world of almost 7B people. Obviously, people are not dying fast enough.

One can only imagine the Malthusian genocides the world leaders will think up to get rid of the rest of the "clutter."

You're probably asking yourself, "Am I part of the problem?" You probably know the 10:1 rule. For every 10 lbs. of grain an animal eats, we get 1 lb. of meat. Therefore, for every pound of grain-fed meat you eat, you are wasting 9 lbs. of grain that could have fed a family of 4 for a week.

And hearing about the coming food hikes, you may have bought one of those 100 lb. bags of rice or flour and stocked your pantry like Armageddon's coming. Just one of those bags could feed a village for a whole month. The more you buy, the higher the price will go, and the faster the third world people will starve to death.

If you haven't converted your vehicles to run on methane or used cooking oil, you're helping to keep fuel prices high and that results in higher costs for relief organizations. The net result is less grain getting to where it is needed.

How much have you coveted what money can buy? A juicy steak, roast chicken, pork chops, a well stocked pantry, convenient transportation, financial security; all at the expense of the world's poor.

The love of money is indeed the root of all evil:mad:

some interesting stats. So my question to you is, what shall we eat? are you we saying we shouldnt eat meat? are you saying we shouldnt eat grain? im a bit confused..please clarify. Question..do you have a car? Does it run on methane or cooking oil?

Upvote 0

Blue Olive

May 24, 2008
Toronto, Canada
✟15,322.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I consider money to be the byproduct of good activities. Farmers grow food which feeds us. Construction workers build homes to shelter us. Tailors make clothes to clothe us. And the list goes on. Money facilities the trading of these goods and services.

Now, like most of you have mentioned, the love of money can be deadly. When people start becoming unethical by stealing money to a greater or lesser degree, we have a problem. What causes people to become unethical - that would be the root of all evil!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stranger

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
crying in the wilderness of life
✟7,026.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Greens
God warned us of the end of the sin of taking usury from one''s own, yet it has become the norm and rule of our societies today:

Deuteronomy 23:19 Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:

Proverbs 28:6 ¶ Better is the poor that walketh in his uprightness, than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich.
7 ¶ Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: but he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
8 ¶ He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.
9 ¶ He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.
10 ¶ Whoso causeth the righteous to go astray in an evil way, he shall fall himself into his own pit: but the upright shall have good things in possession.
11 ¶ The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.

Ecological economists have pointed out that this simple rule for robbing the poor to pay the rich also ensures the ultimate collapse of our money system and our civilisation... God said it first !

Upvote 0

Tannic

Dec 29, 2007
✟1,300.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think its money... it the love of money.
When someone loves something, they go after it and sometimes do bad things just to posessed just that. An example... we have the drug dealer. He loves money but what does the product do to others. It consumes them and take over their lives, it makes them depended on that drug. And if the drug dealer is not doing the drug... how u think he living? Prolly really good but at the expense of others. Samething when the mob put a bounty on someones head. And someone go out and kill them and get paid for it. I think this is what its meant for the love of money. Therefore, the LOVE of money is root of all evil.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.