Mom of Slain Soldier Stages Bush Protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackLunch

Jul 22, 2005
BBQ Heaven: Texas, USA
✟1,884.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ffman said:
I feel sorry for the soldier's mother, as I do for all family members of those slain in Iraq. I think that this war has been going on too long. Bush started the war because of supposed 'WMDs', yet he found none. Every day more and more Americans and Iraqis die over there. Bush also thinks this is helping stop terrorism; it may be HELPING, but what about all the members of the al-Qaeda who remain in other locations? What about those who attacked England? What about bin Laden, who was responsible for the 9-11 attacks?

Edit: By the way, I like your sig, ACougar
I agree 100%.

I find it interesting that the very people who have protested this war the strongest have been the families who have lost loved ones. The movie Fahrenheit 9/11 really drove home this point (you guys HAVE to see this movie!! Get in on DVD at your local library free for one week). THESE people sent their sons and daughters into the war - the most patriotic act of all apart from actually fighting in the war. I think it is very telling that these people now are waking up and demanding answers from Bush as to why we are really there and what it's all for.

This lady is brave. I admire her! And feel for her loss. But I give her all the credit for sticking to her guns in this case.

Bush is now between a rock and a hard place. If he faces that woman and tries to answer her questions, he'll dig himself into a huge hole and make himself look like a baffoon. If he dodges this woman and avoids talking to her, he looks like he's got something to hide and is not compassionate or caring towards our troops or their families.

"Bad boys bad boys...whatcha gonna do"

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
SackLunch said:
I agree 100%.

I find it interesting that the very people who have protested this war the strongest have been the families who have lost loved ones. The movie Fahrenheit 9/11 really drove home this point (you guys HAVE to see this movie!! Get in on DVD at your local library free for one week). THESE people sent their sons and daughters into the war - the most patriotic act of all apart from actually fighting in the war. I think it is very telling that these people now are waking up and demanding answers from Bush as to why we are really there and what it's all for.

This lady is brave. I admire her! And feel for her loss. But I give her all the credit for sticking to her guns in this case.

Bush is now between a rock and a hard place. If he faces that woman and tries to answer her questions, he'll dig himself into a huge hole and make himself look like a baffoon. If he dodges this woman and avoids talking to her, he looks like he's got something to hide and is not compassionate or caring towards our troops or their families.

"Bad boys bad boys...whatcha gonna do"
A member of my church and life-long conservative Republian has become fairly active in local Anti-War groups. His youngest son is in ROTC and has just been sent on his 3rd tour. Yes, you read that correctly, his 3rd tour. All 3 were front line commbat. Due to actions such as this an otherwise conservative congregation is becoming increasingly anti-war.

The comments when someone's son has gone over there have changed from "I pray he comes home safely" to "I pray this war is over soon" and things like that.

I don't care what anyone says, when you sign up for ROTC or the reserves you know that there's a change you'll get called into active status. What you don't ever suspect will happen is that you'll called 3 times and all three times sent to the front line.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SackLunch said:
I find it interesting that the very people who have protested this war the strongest have been the families who have lost loved ones. The movie Fahrenheit 9/11 really drove home this point-
Especially in the cases of Peter Damon and Gregory Stone
SackLunch said:
(you guys HAVE to see this movie!! Get in on DVD at your local library free for one week).
In the fiction section, no doubt.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I read both of them...but funny thing, promoting "free speech" isn't so popular when you hear a point that doesn't set right with you.

Great links... Whether you are pro-Michael Moore or not, aleast here is proof from individuals cited in the film that he edited as he sought fit to make his false points.

:thumbsup: More power to ya, Michael- keep up the great work.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
Yes, but whether she agrees with that accounting or not is irrelevant. She can protest all she wants and that is her right. Let's give the people that join up some credit. They know what they are in for when they sign on the dotted line.

The boy was 18 when he enlisted. Yes he was still her son, but he was also an adult.

He made that decision to join and whether you agree with a war or not, if you sign up you have to go. People are not ignorant. Enlisted soldiers realize they could always be sent off and die- whether they agree with the cause or not.

Do you think she would still be protesting if he had come home alive? No. It's about his death, not the reasoning.
nothing i wrote in my post disagrees with any of this. this thread was about the mom. about the protest. that's all.
you are right about his death, though. that was the motivator for the protest. no doubt.

Upvote 0

cntrygrlluvsJesus05

Feb 20, 2005
East TN
✟366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't like that Michael Moore Movie because it's negative against Bush and lies about him. I have the aleternative to that Michael Moore movie. Which you can get at Walmart or any stores. This is the Movie I am talking abouthttp://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4906989P3574536-DVD-and-Video/George-W.-Bush-Faith-in-the-White-House.aspx.
Reguarding the Mother about the Soldiers Death in war. He enlisted in the Army or Marines. He was the one that decided to go off to war not our President. People needs to get educated about our President before you go attacking him.
We as Christians should be praying for the President and the Troops to come home. Not blameing anyone about the war. I don't like the war myself but, at least I have respect and Honor George w Bush. At least he is better then some President that can't keep his pants on.

Upvote 0

WittyBanter

Dec 20, 2004
Calgary
✟15,441.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I have always found the concept of people impeaching Clinton for his 'lewdness' versus Bush lying about reasons for war and getting close to 2000 people killed funny. I mean, the guy LIED outright. But hey, at least he is a nice moral man right?
"He was the one that decided to go off to war not our President." is an interesting statement as well. I believe most people that enlist in the military do so to protect their country and serve it well. I don't know if liberating a country half-way around the world is really what they signed up for.
Michael Moore is a truth-twister though. Man, his movie takes so much out of context it's just crazy. Just google it.

Cheers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sidiousmax225

Jul 14, 2005
✟1,216.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
cntrygrlluvsJesus05 said:
I don't like that Michael Moore Movie because it's negative against Bush and lies about him. I have the aleternative to that Michael Moore movie. Which you can get at Walmart or any stores. This is the Movie I am talking abouthttp://gallery.bcentral.com/GID4906989P3574536-DVD-and-Video/George-W.-Bush-Faith-in-the-White-House.aspx.
Reguarding the Mother about the Soldiers Death in war. He enlisted in the Army or Marines. He was the one that decided to go off to war not our President. People needs to get educated about our President before you go attacking him.
We as Christians should be praying for the President and the Troops to come home. Not blameing anyone about the war. I don't like the war myself but, at least I have respect and Honor George w Bush. At least he is better then some President that can't keep his pants on.

Sorry, but I consider lying to get us into a war worse than having sex in the oval office. Maybe our morals are just different?

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Clinton lied about much more than sex in the White House. Yes, the special prosecutor's investigation of him cost $40 million...but that was $20 million less than Bill's partner MacDougal stole. The main reason it cost so much and dragged on so long was all Bill's buddies clammed up and Hillary 'lost' her billing records for a couple years. The one person besides them who knew the truth (MacDougal's wife) got tossed in the clink for not cooperating...only to be pardoned by Bill before he left office.
Why, even HE claimed there were WMD's-and used them as a reason for bombing Iraq. Clinton claimed Saddam had them, Tony Blair claimed he had them, even Saddam Hussein claimed he had them...but 'lied about WMD's' only seems to stick to THIS president...Had Saddam Hussein cooperated with inspectors like he was required to, none of this war would've been nessecary.

Upvote 0

mutantleader

Jul 7, 2005
✟686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Scrib, your conservative retoric is appalling. You stand behind a president that is laden in corrupt business practices. The whole savings and loans crash is linked to the conservative bushes.
Clinton is dirty, and the CONSERVATIVE bushes are dirty.
Bush used lies to get us into this war. Oh, but he believe's his voice is that of the one above. So, because of the voices in his head and the fact he is a CONSERVATIVE everything is okay.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
mutantleader said:
Scrib, your conservative retoric is apalling. You stand behind a president that is laden in corrupt business practices. The whole savings and loans crash is linked to the concervative bushes.
Clinton is dirty, and the CONSERVATIVE bushes are dirty.
Bush used lies to get us into this war.
Speaking of rhetoric...
mutantleader, my post was quite simply an answer to the post before mine. Clinton was blatantly tied to the S & L scandal- to the tune of $60 million worth.
Shady business partners, 11th hour pardons, magically appearing billing records, it was about alot more than a b****** in the Oval Office.
Concerning the war in Iraq, Clinton did the same thing Bush did- Attack Iraq with WMD's as a catalyst. If Bush lied about WMD's to atack Iraq, what would be the definition of Clinton's actions? Seems to me they both did the same thing, so were they both lying, both telling the truth, or did they both have bad intelligence?
Take your pick, mutantleader.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.