Mom of Slain Soldier Stages Bush Protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope the Mother somday finds peace. Her sacrifice should be honored and the Government should do what it can within reason to comfort this grieving Mother.

I also need to say that I'm glad I live in a country where such protest is possible.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with her anger...I do not have a child in war so I cannot totally sympathize; however, I do agree with armyman... enlisting means the possibility of death...whether you agree with the war you will be placed in or not...there is always the possibility :(

Upvote 0

ffman

Jul 23, 2005
✟690.00
Faith
Christian
I feel sorry for the soldier's mother, as I do for all family members of those slain in Iraq. I think that this war has been going on too long. Bush started the war because of supposed 'WMDs', yet he found none. Every day more and more Americans and Iraqis die over there. Bush also thinks this is helping stop terrorism; it may be HELPING, but what about all the members of the al-Qaeda who remain in other locations? What about those who attacked England? What about bin Laden, who was responsible for the 9-11 attacks?

Edit: By the way, I like your sig, ACougar

Reactions: ACougar
Upvote 0

ACougar

U.S. Army Retired
Feb 7, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟37,952.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was very much opposed to this war, and I blame the religious right and neo-cons for 10's of thousands of needless deaths.

The problem with pulling out now is that it would cause even more pain and suffering over there in my opinion. The only viable solution is to completely stand up and stabilize the new government, insure it is capabable of running the country and then pull out 100% as quickly as possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
I agree with her anger...I do not have a child in war so I cannot totally sympathize; however, I do agree with armyman... enlisting means the possibility of death...whether you agree with the war you will be placed in or not...there is always the possibility :(
the mother did NOT enlist, and as a civilian citizen she has every right to an accounting for why her child did not come home.

Upvote 0
A

armyman_83

MalcolmX said:
You seem to be painting Iraq with a broad brush, do you see them as similar to those in Afghanistan?

Where did you get that idea??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I said the they are almost all one certin religion, yet in not so many words.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
reverend B said:
the mother did NOT enlist, and as a civilian citizen she has every right to an accounting for why her child did not come home.

Yes, but whether she agrees with that accounting or not is irrelevant. She can protest all she wants and that is her right. Let's give the people that join up some credit. They know what they are in for when they sign on the dotted line.

The boy was 18 when he enlisted. Yes he was still her son, but he was also an adult.

He made that decision to join and whether you agree with a war or not, if you sign up you have to go. People are not ignorant. Enlisted soldiers realize they could always be sent off and die- whether they agree with the cause or not.

Do you think she would still be protesting if he had come home alive? No. It's about his death, not the reasoning.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.