Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By Staff Sgt. Mary Flynn, USA
Special to American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Oct. 31, 2007 – What’s another marathon, really, for Jill Stevens?

The 2007 Miss Utah is no stranger to the physical and mental discipline required to knock out 26.2 miles. She ran the Marine Corps Marathon here on Oct. 28, finishing in about 3.5 hours.

It’s the third marathon she’s run since winning the pageant title in June. “I love challenges,” she said. “That’s why I joined the military.” . . .

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=48004

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
She still looks pretty good after running for 3.5 hours.

It's interesting a former Miss Utah chose this path. All the military I have met certainly enjoy exercising and in my opinion look just plain healthier than the general population.

I can remember working on a project at a military college and watching the cadets marching. They have to march. I was told that they aren't allowed to just walk. You can tell right away which people have issues and probably won't make it far in the military. Then there are others who even at a young age seem dependable beyond their years.

I think sometimes when we look at the military we focus entirely on the fighting and dying. But at a certain level they often represent some of our best and brightest.

Upvote 0

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
By Staff Sgt. Mary Flynn, USA
Special to American Forces Press Service

WASHINGTON, Oct. 31, 2007 – What’s another marathon, really, for Jill Stevens?

The 2007 Miss Utah is no stranger to the physical and mental discipline required to knock out 26.2 miles. She ran the Marine Corps Marathon here on Oct. 28, finishing in about 3.5 hours.

It’s the third marathon she’s run since winning the pageant title in June. “I love challenges,” she said. “That’s why I joined the military.” . . .

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=48004

Hey! my brother ran that marathon too! (he served with the Marines up to three years ago).

Upvote 0