~MiScOnCePtIoNs~

C

crashedman

Wolflily said:
Sorry if I caused some confusion back there. My post wasn't about being down on that overweight girl because she is overweight. It was about a startling lack of modesty and SELF RESPECT based on being influenced by a media that is only out to make a buck and doesn't give a hoot about people at all. There is also a huge difference between wearing clothes that look about fifteen, and I'm not kidding, sizes too small and wearing clothes suitable for another age bracket entirely.

If they don't give a hoot about people, then maybe they should turn their attention to animals and start scandalising how they behave. ;-)

I'm also worried about the sexualising of children in our culture. WHO magazine did a feature about this time last year on an 8 year old girl who is the daughter of a Brisbane nightclub owner and modelling agent. She was fully made up with enough makeup to sink the Titanic, wearing a chiffon jacket and a corset with a gold necklace. Far from looking beautiful, she looked worse than a clown. I'm genuinely sorry for this girl. She is at an age where she is not mentally or emotionally ready for the pressures of the adult world, nor ready for a 'serious' boyfriend. It wouldn't surprise me if she grows up to rebel against her father and develops a liking for baggy pants, sandals and sloppy Joes when she becomes a teenager.

There are plenty of ways to make a large body perfectly attractive - half my family is overweight and I have helped my sister and cousins with finding styles and colors that show some serious personality and do not conform to what the Brittney Spears of this world are wearing. But it is a challenge.

Have you ever heard of the "Life. Be In It." campaign? It was a move for Aussies to switch off the TV and the magazines and get out there in the community and get themselves into shape.

The biggest challenge for women is body acceptance and to accept their own sexuality without the need of approval from men. Very few women reach that peak in their lives, and I have tremendous respect for those that do.

Britney Spears doesn't really convey anything for me, although some of her songs are alright.

Still, the whole point of my story about that gal was that she was completely oblivious to the reality of her body size and is trying to look like something she (at this moment in time) is not. She should be developing a healthy self image and a personal style that has nothing to do with what's popular at the moment.

Even fashion media moguls have said to girls who are aspiring to become models, if you are naturally a size 14-16 don't dream of trying to emulate Jodie Kidd or Kate Moss. I've never let the fashion media dictate to me what to wear. After reading about where ties originated from, I will never wear one ever again and I think that no decent Christian man (or woman) should either.

Crashedman

Upvote 0
T

thejesusfish90

Have bikinis made the beaches violent, dangerous places to go to as a result?
Although string bikinis don't really interest me, if a woman wants to wear them that is her right.

Even bikini clad girls were a part of the welcoming party when CHOGM was held up on the Sunshine Coast in 2002. Nobody complained about them, although I remember some feminazis and commie groups wanting a boycott of the meeting for fear of terrorist attacks after the Sydney Hilton was bombed back in 1959.

What both irks and amuses me are double standards applied to beach attire. I would have thought that in these days of equality and enlightenment that society would have gotten over them by now.
1 word Crashed....LUST....Bikini's and other low cut attire are one of the greatest menaces for moral standards in todays society....What happens when a guy sees a good looking women with large breasts and a small bikini on?....Since your a guy I'll let you work it out...bikini's are designed and worn to make guys droole over girls, and thus encourage a lust which need I argue isn't good...But I will agree that a doub;e standard musn't exist for guys...Im not sure but I'd say there'd be a similar reaction in girls when a tanned, well muscled, body builder guy walks up to a group of girls...However rather than letting girls have their bikinis I'd say make both guys and girls cover up PROPERLY when they go to the beach...Or better still re-introduce segregated bathing and dont worry about it...

YBIC

Chris

Upvote 0
C

crashedman

InTheFlame said:
Darn - I'm intrigued. Spill, please! Where did ties originate?

There are some people who believe that they had their origin with some pagan priests who performed human sacrifices.

One rather authoritative site on this matter believes that it actually originated in China in 221 BC.

http://www.abcneckties.com/necktiehistory.html

Crashedman

Upvote 0
C

crashedman

thejesusfish90 said:
1 word Crashed....LUST....Bikini's and other low cut attire are one of the greatest menaces for moral standards in todays society....What happens when a guy sees a good looking women with large breasts and a small bikini on?....Since your a guy I'll let you work it out...bikini's are designed and worn to make guys droole over girls, and thus encourage a lust which need I argue isn't good...But I will agree that a doub;e standard musn't exist for guys...Im not sure but I'd say there'd be a similar reaction in girls when a tanned, well muscled, body builder guy walks up to a group of girls...However rather than letting girls have their bikinis I'd say make both guys and girls cover up PROPERLY when they go to the beach...Or better still re-introduce segregated bathing and dont worry about it...

YBIC

Chris

Chris,

Matey, get real! You might as well go the whole hog and say that WOMANHOOD is the greatest moral danger to society today. There are far worse things out there - illegal drugs, nuclear weapons, WOMD.

Bikinis are here to stay whether you like them or not. You cannot legislate morality or mandate equality.

Every single attempt made by humans to repress and oppress what is natural has never worked.

Most young people in the UK and Europe would laugh at your opinions and believe you to be one of the biggest legalists out there.
Jesus only taught one law 'love one another as I loved you'.

Crashedman

Upvote 0