Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It seems we have lost our ability to think. Why do we think that people will not come to the US for the jobs if they have to do it legally? I know, it's racism, pure and simple. Think about it. People use these facts to justify: that they are willing to be used at lowly jobs for very little money with huge personal risk and we want to look the other way because they simply don't deserve any better from us. I want no part of this racists attitude. If they are illegal, arrest them. If we have jobs and they have workers, we have laws and they can obey them.

Reactions: Paula
Upvote 0

anathema

Feb 14, 2005
Kill the Rabbit
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
12volt_man said:
We have millions on welfare who need work.

Most on welfare are exploiting the system and dont WANT to work. Why do you think we have mexicans and not people on welfare washing dishes? There are PLENTY of jobs out there, we just have highly lazy people bieng paid by the govt. to pop more kids out.

Upvote 0

12volt_man

Jan 8, 2004
✟9,150.00
Faith
Christian
anathema said:
Most on welfare are exploiting the system and dont WANT to work.

You're absolutely right, which is why it's up to the government, until such time as we decide to get out of the business of subsidizing people's poverty, to demand that they go out and get a job.

Why do you think we have mexicans and not people on welfare washing dishes?

Simply put, because we are so prosperous here, that we have redefined poverty to something that would be enviable to most people around the world.

The same welfare queen who sits around in her large apartment watching Oprah on her color TV (with cable, naturally) after returning from her nail appointment in her car (all the time talking on her cell phone) is supposedly poor by liberals' standards, but would be insanely wealthy in many parts of Central and South America, Asia and Africa.

We need to punish those who abuse the welfare system, punish those who hire illegals, and freeze the assets of the Mexican government until they agree to cooperate.

We need to have a moratorium on immigration and hang out a "NO Vacancy" sign.

Upvote 0

anathema

Feb 14, 2005
Kill the Rabbit
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
12volt_man said:
punish those who hire illegals..
This will go along with the statement earlier in this thread that said..
"I dont want to support establishments who hire illegals or benifit from illegals"...

Well, your favorite restaurant, and most of the ones around it would shut down.
Your fruits and veggies would be 10-20x more expensive, and may even put MORE farmers into bankruptcy.
Your hotel rooms wouldnt be clean.
Your landscaping wouldnt be done.
Your construction wouldnt be done.

The list goes on. Not that I have a solution, but if the mexicans dissapeared in one day, 1/5 of the economy would collapse ...

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
anathema said:
Your fruits and veggies would be 10-20x more expensive, and may even put MORE farmers into bankruptcy.

Not where I live.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
12volt_man said:
We have millions on welfare who need work.

unfortunately, we have millions on welfare that shouldn't be...illegals included.

To take up for illegal aliens to rationalize a 5 cent apple and a clean toilet does not justify the problem. In fact, those taking up for those in that respect are in the same way belittling illegals by saying, "Yeah, come on over so I can get me some cheap apples and my toilets cleaned. I'm real thankful for you! Otherwise, if I followed the law I'd be paying someone what the job was really worth...Thanks, again for that special discount since you really don't belong here! (It's just between you and me)"
:thumbsup:

(?)

Upvote 0
R

Redneck

2004012005_Display-25.gif

:D :p

Hehe.

Upvote 0

anathema

Feb 14, 2005
Kill the Rabbit
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
Ginny said:
To take up for illegal aliens to rationalize a 5 cent apple and a clean toilet does not justify the problem. In fact, those taking up for those in that respect are in the same way belittling illegals by saying, "Yeah, come on over so I can get me some cheap apples and my toilets cleaned. I'm real thankful for you! Otherwise, if I followed the law I'd be paying someone what the job was really worth...Thanks, again for that special discount since you really don't belong here! (It's just between you and me)"

I disagree. When I say these things, its in the spirit of probably bieng one of the only people in this thread who works with illegals EVERY DAY in my job (bartender in AZ no less). Therefore these stereotypes bieng slung around in here I feel are misrepresenting illegals. The guys I work with strive to learn english, strive to become 'team leads' and lead by example.
Our bartenders and servers teach better english than some schools to these guys.
Sure, they get a bad rap and may not LOVE their job, but half or more of their paycheck goes selflessly to their family so THEY can lead a better life in mexico.
People say to punish companies that hire illegals and to just round em up and ship em back, I say that will have dire consequences and WONT solve the problem.

I am all for figuring a solution to the current illegals, making them legal, and also controlling immigration.

Its a catch 22 however if, lets just say restaurants, had to pay their back of house more, that would certainly mean higher menu prices right away. I know labor costs and hourly costs is in the mind of every manager in every restaurant, they arent going to take the hit, you will. Then we wont have illegals bieng the problem, americans will now gripe about higher costs of normal items. You cant please everybody (especially americans).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

greggh

Mar 27, 2005
Brooklyn, New York
✟212.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's the corporations!

All of these posts about, who's going to pick our lettuce, clean our washrooms... Do you want to pay $6 for a head of lettuce?...

These are the arguments that the big corporations are feeding us as an excuse for their continued illegal exploitation and illegal hiring of ILLEGAL (NOT "undocumented") Aliens. The corporations have paid off this President and expect to continue to get their money's worth. I would gladly pay an extra dollar for a head of lettuce. I would love to see some of these service and agriculture jobs' wages increase to $7, $8, $9 hour. Then Americans would take those jobs. Of course higher wages would lower the profit margins, and corporations would hate to see that. They would rather continue to destroy the middle class of this country and give our jobs away to another country's citizens... all with the implied sanction of a government that should be protecting it's citizens, not protecting it's corporations at the expense of it's citizens.

Upvote 0

Paula

Veteran
Oct 15, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟17,178.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
anathema said:

The list goes on. Not that I have a solution, but if the mexicans dissapeared in one day, 1/5 of the economy would collapse ...

That's the big lie repeated endlessly by open border advocates. The fact is that prior to the disastrous immigration act of 1965, there really was very little immigration into the U.S. During the moratorium on immigration between 1925 and 1965, the U.S. economy somehow managed to thrive with a minimum number of immigrants.

Yet during that time, Americans invented computers, had a healthy labor movement, initiated the space program that put men on the moon, made great strides in civil rights and environmental legislation, built the largest economy the world has ever seen, and successfully prosecuted WWII against two great powers on two fronts simultaneously. We also got our grass cut, our meat packed. Our children were being watched, and our houses were being cleaned, no problema.

Also during that time period, more people were exiting the country than entering. The idea that somehow we suddenly can't run a country without an endless supply of foreigners is absurd.

Reactions: tollytee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
anathema said:
This will go along with the statement earlier in this thread that said..
"I dont want to support establishments who hire illegals or benifit from illegals"...

Just because they are mexican doesnt mean they are illegal....why are we having such a hard time understanding this.

Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
anathema said:
I disagree. When I say these things, its in the spirit of probably bieng one of the only people in this thread who works with illegals EVERY DAY in my job (bartender in AZ no less). Therefore these stereotypes bieng slung around in here I feel are misrepresenting illegals. The guys I work with strive to learn english, strive to become 'team leads' and lead by example.
Our bartenders and servers teach better english than some schools to these guys.
Sure, they get a bad rap and may not LOVE their job, but half or more of their paycheck goes selflessly to their family so THEY can lead a better life in mexico.
People say to punish companies that hire illegals and to just round em up and ship em back, I say that will have dire consequences and WONT solve the problem.

I am all for figuring a solution to the current illegals, making them legal, and also controlling immigration.

Its a catch 22 however if, lets just say restaurants, had to pay their back of house more, that would certainly mean higher menu prices right away. I know labor costs and hourly costs is in the mind of every manager in every restaurant, they arent going to take the hit, you will. Then we wont have illegals bieng the problem, americans will now gripe about higher costs of normal items. You cant please everybody (especially americans).

Again I dont see how you think it will raise prices. I have worked in the restaurant industry for 10 years and we 0 illegals working for us. They all had SS cards, work authorizations, etc etc. and our prices are very normal. You must work in a bubble restaurant that would increase prices so dramatically that they have to pay illegals to wash dishes. What are you really saving 3-5 CENTS a meal? How do you know these guys are illegal and dont have authorization to work in the US? And does your restuarant managers know this also?

Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
anathema said:
Thats the other point of this thread, todays teenagers just wouldnt cook/wash dishes/pick fruit/clean bathrooms/etc.. for a living.

You a spokesperson for teenagers of today?

The company I work for has over 20000 employees and we many employees in 38 states that work part-time for $5.15 an hour and there are 0 illegals and all are over 18. So again I think you have a very squewed perception of reality.

Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
greggh said:
It's the corporations, stupid!

All of these posts about, who's going to pick our lettuce, clean our washrooms... Do you want to pay $6 for a head of lettuce?...

These are the arguments that the big corporations are feeding us as an excuse for their continued illegal exploitation and illegal hiring of ILLEGAL (NOT "undocumented") Aliens. The corporations have paid off this President and expect to continue to get their money's worth. I would gladly pay an extra dollar for a head of lettuce. I would love to see some of these service and agriculture jobs' wages increase to $7, $8, $9 hour. Then Americans would take those jobs. Of course higher wages would lower the profit margins, and corporations would hate to see that. They would rather continue to destroy the middle class of this country and give our jobs away to another country's citizens... all with the implied sanction of a government that should be protecting it's citizens, not protecting it's corporations at the expense of it's citizens.

Middle Class? I am glad my middle class is not the same as yours. If $7-$9 an hour is your middle class, is your upper class $15 an hour? Dude I am royalty. :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.