Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They have a right to patrol their border, but I only want to cross to find work," said Vidal Sanchez, a 26-year-old farmer who was walking through Sonora's scrub-covered desert Tuesday.

"If they detain us, I'm going to tell them I need to work. I think they'll understand."

I understand that, but can't he understand there are citizens of our country who need to work also and that there are not an infinite amount of jobs? Are we supposed to take jobs away from our own people to give to him?

Upvote 0

Zippythepinhead

Contributor
Jan 5, 2005
Utah
✟6,492.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SoupySayles said:
I understand that, but can't he understand there are citizens of our country who need to work also and that there are not an infinite amount of jobs? Are we supposed to take jobs away from our own people to give to him?
If the stupid Mexican government would tell their poeple the truth. Immigrate legally! America does not have the money or infrastructure to support all these illegals. We love all foreigners to come LEGALLY! Vicente "El Estupido" Fox doesn't agree:sick:

Upvote 0

Glaz

Obama '08
Jun 22, 2004
✟24,137.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Zippythepinhead said:
If the stupid Mexican government would tell their poeple the truth. Immigrate legally! America does not have the money or infrastructure to support all these illegals. We love all foreigners to come LEGALLY! Vicente "El Estupido" Fox doesn't agree:sick:

I just wish they would try to fix their own country. I don't blame the average Mexican who is just trying to survive, I blame their government for essentially just giving up and taking advantage of our kind attitude towards immigration.

Upvote 0

Scally Cap

GO IRISH!!!
Jun 23, 2004
Baja Arizona
Visit site
✟9,055.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SoupySayles said:

How many of our own people are willing to pick lettuce 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, for $3-4 an hour, and then at the end of the day go back to a squalid trailer or hotel room he's sharing with a dozen other guys? How many natural-born Americans are at the door of the slaughterhouse, clamoring to be the guy who guts the cows and pigs? How many are incensed that they can't wait at a rural intersection for someone to come pick them up and spend a day of backbreaking labor hauling trash off a construction site? Or bus tables and wash dishes? All with no OSHA protections, no job security, no benefits, no union to look after their rights?

Ah, but we sure do like that dollar menu at McDonald's, and the cheap fruit and vegetables in the grocery store.

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Scally Cap said:
How many of our own people are willing to pick lettuce 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, for $3-4 an hour, and then at the end of the day go back to a squalid trailer or hotel room he's sharing with a dozen other guys? How many natural-born Americans are at the door of the slaughterhouse, clamoring to be the guy who guts the cows and pigs? How many are incensed that they can't wait at a rural intersection for someone to come pick them up and spend a day of backbreaking labor hauling trash off a construction site? Or bus tables and wash dishes? All with no OSHA protections, no job security, no benefits, no union to look after their rights?

Ah, but we sure do like that dollar menu at McDonald's, and the cheap fruit and vegetables in the grocery store.
How about all the crime that comes with it. I have lived in two states (Florida now) and there are places in alot of towns you couldn,t even walk in anymore because it's unsafe? Illegals today are not all just nice guys looking for wages. My grandfather came from Austria in the early 1900,s .He moved to Pa. and plugged in by getting work right away and learned the language. He made hot dogs most of his life. He loved the Lord and his country...Kim

Upvote 0

Scally Cap

GO IRISH!!!
Jun 23, 2004
Baja Arizona
Visit site
✟9,055.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My post responded to the assertion that illegals are taking jobs away from American citizens.

But since you brought it up, why do you think crime rates would be high in areas that are packed with young, ill-educated, underpaid males? I'm not trying to excuse it at all, just offering an explanation. Want it to change? Petition your congressman to introduce guest worker legislation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fineous_Reese

Striving to be like the men of Issachar
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
if you take away the jobs from the illegal immigrants then the businesses will have to improve conditions and hire legal workers which may, gasp, raise prices but will be, gasp, legal! w00t!

or we can put mcdonalds out of business and be healthier that way, lotta jobs lost though :(

Upvote 0

Fineous_Reese

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RobWW said:
I'm sure thats what the Natives here said when we came over and took the land.

-Rob

wonder what the folks before the "Natives" thought when the "Natives" arrived... i'd ask em but i don't think they don't exist anymore

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a conservative links an article from newsmax, worldnetdaily, townhall, etc., then there seems to be an assumption that we should take these articles as being absolutely, completely factual and without the slightest hint of bias.

On the other hand, if a liberal links from the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, the BBC, or Canada, the assumption is that these sources are biased and therefore to be discredited.

Could somebody mind telling me exactly why that is?

Upvote 0

Fineous_Reese

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2004
✟31,993.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UberLutheran said:
If a conservative links an article from newsmax, worldnetdaily, townhall, etc., then there seems to be an assumption that we should take these articles as being absolutely, completely factual and without the slightest hint of bias.

On the other hand, if a liberal links from the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, the BBC, or Canada, the assumption is that these sources are biased and therefore to be discredited.

Could somebody mind telling me exactly why that is?

it's because you're biased :hug:

i actually read a NYT article today that included a reference to the NYT being a liberally biased rag (not those words exactly but the gist was there) which i found refreshing. the link is at work though or i'd post it up.

figuring out which articles to discredit (from newsmax to the nyt) is pretty easy actually, always take a salt shaker with ya. or, to put it in biblical vernacular, "test the spirits"

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anybody feel like cleaning toilets and washrooms, picking fruit and vegetables out in the hot sun, or working a minimum wage job for $5.15/hour with NO benefits?

Because -- if we get rid of those AWFUL illegal immigrants, somebody is going to have to do those jobs or we're going to have dirty, smelly washrooms, rotten fruit and vegetables (and we do have is going to cost a fortune), and many of us are probably going to have to learn to clean our own houses.

Once again -- another "gray area" issue. Real life isn't "black and white".

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
Fineous_Reese said:
if you take away the jobs from the illegal immigrants then the businesses will have to improve conditions and hire legal workers which may, gasp, raise prices but will be, gasp, legal! w00t!

or we can put mcdonalds out of business and be healthier that way, lotta jobs lost though :(
Oh, now that's brilliant.

It's not McDonalds it's the vegetable and fruit fields and orchards. It's work that no Americans want, and if they do, they do 1/3 the work for three times the money. You want to pay $6 for a head of lettuce? $3 for an orange? How about $7 for a glass of orange juice? $18 for a small container of strwberries? These workers also pay taxes and spend money here.

Learn more about what you're talking about.

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There are lots of people working for low wages an no benifits.I dont have any health bennies and did janitorial work for less than $8 an hour..I started out making $1.60 an hour. My wife and I take turns cleaning our mobile home. There are places where we can pick our own fruit and veggies cheaper..Kim

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.