Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lots of reformed threads lately, and even one poll that asked how many reformed dispensationalist. The poll might have not been the right way to ask how many dispensationalist follow the five points of calvinism because of all the baggage that the term "reformed" brings with it.

So, the sake of sakes, how many five or four point calvinist are there who also follow Pauline dispensationalism?

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟750,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I'm a five pointer...as for the Pauline part, not sure. With continued study, perhaps. But much of what I love, much of what convinced me of the faith is often left out by mid to latter Acts dispeys. I confessed faith and recieved the Spirit after reading Matthew, it was Christ's words in Matt. 5.

Peace

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Street Preacher said:
I believed, from the Gospel of Matthew, what the Church has always believed. Which can be found in the creed that everyone claiming to be a Christian must believe to post on this forum.

The church which was in existance THEN, which was one of JUDAISM/the law of Moses/and prophetic believed the information contained in Matthew. But thats NOT the gospel of OUR salvation. Paul is the only one with the gospel of OUR salvation and its NOT the same gospel at all. I repeat, what did you believe that saved you?

The words of Christ while He was on earth are not the words that contain the good news of OUR salvation today. The Jews were to inherit a literal EARTHLY KINGDOM, with twelve apostles to rule in twelve thrones over twelve tribes....clearly a very JEWISH program. OUR gospel was given to Paul to give to US...and has to do with the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and believing in our identification WITH that is what saves us.

Again...we need to go back and see what "church" the earthly Christ is addressing, and its NOT the church, the Body of Christ. THAT church doesnt even come into being until AFTER the death, burial and resurrection of Christ and the saving of Paul.

The "church" in Matthew clearly isnt the church which is His body. Please see the threads on "the three churches mentioned in scripture"...there are separate threads for each church with accompanying scriptures which show to which church WE belong. Its NOT the church in Matthew. Take another look!:)

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Street Preacher said:
I believed, from the Gospel of Matthew, what the Church has always believed. Which can be found in the creed that everyone claiming to be a Christian must believe to post on this forum.

Street Preacher said:

What part of the Gospel of Matthew Ch. 5? I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "what the church has always believed”?

Men and women today are brought into the body of Christ by believing in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ; that what Christ did for us at the cross secured our salvation and made us part of His Body.

As a Calvinist, like yourself, I believe the doctrine of soteriology runs through the entire Word of God; It has always been God in his sovereign grace that has chose us; from the church in the wilderness, to the little flock, to the church of today, which is His body, each of us where chosen by Him.

The difference is what he has chosen us to believe in for salvation. The Church in the wilderness under Moses was never expected to believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of their future Messiah (though this is what ultimately what saved them) but to respond and do what God had requested them to do: follow the Law. Now, God forbid anybody get me wrong, it was not the works of the Law that saved them, but the free gift of faith that was given to respond to what God said; by faith they were saved, in spite of that fact that they couldn't keep the Law because of the sin nature in their flesh.

Today, God has regenerated us and given us faith to believe in what he requires for our salvation, our instructions, mail to the Church. He does not require us to follow the Law to express our faith; he does not require us to offer sacrifices to show our faith: what saves us today is believing in Christ death, burial, and resurrection. All those who are saved in this dispensation, if they know it or not by reading future revelation (the mystery given to Paul) back into the Gospels, are saved the same way; death, burial, resurrection.

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
billychum said:
I wouldn't tell anyone that they couldn't be saved by reading the gospel of Matthew. In the book of Matthew Jesus does in fact die, get buried, and is raised from the dead for the sins of the world. And I think that the mordern day reader can figure out what's going on.
Billy <><

If all you had was the gospel of Matthew; how would you know to believe in Christ death, burial, and resurrection? These all happenin Matthew, but where are you told to believe in this? Where is Christ death preached as good news?

You are right that the modern day reader can figure out whats going on, but its because he has read the Pauline epistles, and he knows what Christ did for him: Jew or Gentile.

In the case of Matthew, your taking future revelation and reading it back into Matthew. The preaching of the cross is not found in Matthew; but the church epistles. This is good news to us. This is our gospel.

TSM

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
billychum said:
Because I read it and believed it.
Billy <><

You only knew of Christs death, burial and resurrection from Pauls epistles. That wasnt the criteria for Mt, Mk, Lk and Jn OR their hearers to be saved. They were to believe in the PROPHESIED MESSIAH that was promised to them. They didnt have this information...that wasnt the gospel message to them.

Now Billy chum....I KNOW that you have been hearing and seeing some things here that have peaked your interest. Things that you havent heard preached in your church, am I right? So...put aside the stuff you already THINK you know, and just go by what the scriptures SAY. Think this thru. If Mt, Mk, Lk and Jn didnt HAVE the good news of Christs death, burial and resurrection, then what gospel WERE they preaching? GO LOOK!! Then come back, and we can REALLY talk. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

billychum

Jan 23, 2005
✟557.00
Faith
Non-Denom
eph3Nine said:
You only knew of Christs death, burial and resurrection from Pauls epistles.
No you can read about it in Matthew as well.
eph3Nine said:
That wasnt the criteria for Mt, Mk, Lk and Jn OR their hearers to be saved.
We are not talking about their hearers.
eph3Nine said:
They were to believe in the PROPHESIED MESSIAH that was promised to them. They didnt have this information...that wasnt the gospel message to them.
I agree with all of this except the part about the information, they wittnessed the info.
eph3Nine said:
Now Billy chum....I KNOW that you have been hearing and seeing some things here that have peaked your interest. Things that you havent heard preached in your church, am I right?
For sure
eph3Nine said:
So...put aside the stuff you already THINK you know, and just go by what the scriptures SAY
Isn't this what some of the covenant theologians have been asking you to do?.
eph3Nine said:
Think this thru. If Mt, Mk, Lk and Jn didnt HAVE the good news of Christs death, burial and resurrection, then what gospel WERE they preaching?
I understand and agree with what you are saying but we are not talking about their preaching to their hearers we are talking about whether or not salvation can come to the contemporary reader through the book of Matthew.
eph3Nine said:
GO LOOK!! Then come back, and we can REALLY talk. ;)
Eph I promise that I'm not trying to be arguementative I'm just not willing to tell anyone that their salvation is not valid because they came to know Christ in a different way then you did.
Billy <><

Upvote 0

JMWHALEN

Nov 18, 2005
✟2,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Billy-for your consideration:

1. What was the "content" of faith required to be believed during tMatthew-John, and "early" Acts?:(bold is my emphasis):

"Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God." Mt. 14:33

"And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." Mt. 16:16
(comment: and with the 16:18 "upon this rock" statement by the Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour was setting the "foundation", i.e., the "rock", upon which the kingdom church, the "little flock" church(Luke 12:32 )would be built: their faith would rest upon the foundation that He was " the Christ, the Son of the living God.")

"And he saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Peter answereth and saith unto him, Thou art the Christ." Mark 8:29

"He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said, The Christ of God." Luke 9:20

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name." Jn. 1:12

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did." Jn. 2:23

"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." Jn. 3:18

"And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world." Jn 4:42

"And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God." Jn. 6:69

"She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world." Jn. 11:27

"But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name." Jn. 20:31

No change in the message in "early" Acts:

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ." Acts 2:36

"And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all." Acts 3:16

"Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole." Acts 4:10
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12

"And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ." Acts 4:42

"And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." Acts 8:37

No change in the message by Paul, early in his ministry, before he was progressively/gradually(i.e., progressive revelation:Acts 9:9,16; 22:10,16,17("trance"); 26:16; 1 Cor. 11:23; 2 Cor. 12:1 ; Gal. 2:2; Eph. 3:3; Col. 1:25; "But now"-Romans 16:26, Eph. 2:13, Col. 1:26 / notice Paul spent 3 years in Arabia per Galatians 1:17,18! 3 years! I find this amazing! Could that be Mt. Sinai? ) given the revelation of the mystery, from the risen, ascended, and glorified Lord Jesus Christ, from heaven(not earth),and the prophetic program was progressively/gradually(but temporarily) set aside:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God." Acts 9:20

"But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ." Acts 9:22

Notice the change in Acts 13:

Paul presents the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4, the only gospel that will save in the current dispensation we are under :

Verse 13:28:"And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain." = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:29: "And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre."=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Verse 13:30: "But God raised him from the dead:..." =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

And notice the gradual change in the message, as Paul boldly states:

"Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses." Acts 13:38,39

Another "space walk" that results from failure to rightly divide this Holy Bible, is the idea that there is only one gospel in the Bible. The word gospel simply means "good news." Still, the best way to show that there is more than one "gospel" in the Bible is to let the Holy Bible show it.

Paul's gospel Rom. 16:25,
1 Cor. 15:1-4- Present dispensation-Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose again the third day
Gospel of the Kingdom Mt. 4:23, 9:35, 24:14; Mark 1:14
Gospel of the circumcision Gal. 3:7
Gospel of the uncircumcision Gal. 3:7
Eternal gospel Rev. 14:6-7
Gospel of Rest- Heb. 4:2
Abraham's Gospel- Gal. 3:8
Gospel of God (Gospel of Prophecy)- Rom. 1:1-3

2Tim. 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (KJV)

Paul was commissioned to preach the gospel of the grace of God, the gospel of Christ, that was revealed to him from the risen, ascended, glorified, Lord Jesus Christ from heaven by revelation. This was his calling from the Lord Jesus Christ. And this is the only "good news that will save ayone in this dispensationfrom the penalty, power, and presence from sin(salvation and justification, sanctification, glorification). This gospel is summarized in 1 Cor. 15:1-4. But this is not "the gospel of the kingdom"-these are not equivalent or synonymous.

The Lord Jesus Christ during his earthly ministry, the apostles, and the disciples all preached "the gospel of the kingdom". "Gospel" means "good news", but there is more than one "gospel" in scripture, and, as previously mentioned, the confusion in Christianity results from the failure to understand the absolute necessity of "rightly dividing the word of truth"(2 Tim. 2:15), mainly failing to distinguish between the prophetic program as revealed in the Old Testament, and the Mystery Program that was revealed to Paul.

Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John will you find 1 Cor. 15;1-4 being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification. Nowhere.

Consider this. You cannot preach what you do not know. You cannot believe that which you do not know.

During the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry, the apostles and disciples had no knowledge of his impending, death, burial, and resurrection:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21,22

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31,32

(Comment: Obviously, Peter was attempting to prevent the Lord's death! If the death, burial, and resurrection was the grounds for Peter's salvation and justification(as Paul expounds on in his epistles), why was Peter trying to prevent the very thing that would be the basis for his justification? See also John 18:10. Did he ever preach 1 Cor. 15:1-4? If he had, his rebuke of the Lord would be a non-sensical reaction!)

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31,32

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day...." Luke 24:45,46

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9

(Comment: Notice they did not know it or understand it prior to His death! They were not preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4).

Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, they intially did not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41

Many(most?) presume/assume, and yes, embrace the prevalent, but erroneous view, that there is only one gospel in scripture. The fact that the message of the cross is not part of the "gospel of the kingdom" does not mean that the Lord jesus Christ's death was not the critical event. And no one has ever been, nor ever will be, saved apart from the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. But it is an altogether different matter to contend/argue that it was the contents of one and the same gospel throughout the Holy Bible. Christ's death was the central event, but that fact was not always part of the content or message(a discussion of progressive revelation would be beyond the scope of this message). Indeed, during the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry, the "gospel of the kingdom", the good news" of the approaching Davidic, Messianic kingdom("...as the days of heaven upon the earth...." Deut. 11:24), which was the subject of Old Testament prophecy concerning the restoration of earth with Jesus Christ ruling in righteousness, was preached:

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people." Mt. 4:23

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." Mt. 10:5-8

"And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." Mark 1:15

And yet, as shown previously, the disciples and apostles understood absolutely nothing of the cross and resurrection. Any honest read of scripture must come to this conclusion. So, how can anyone say that they "...preached Christ crucified...." 1 Cor. 1:23), or 1 Cor. 15:1-4, as Paul did? This is impossible, if we assume reasoning is a legitimate tool. Only later, through Paul's apostle ship, was the cross revealed as the central theme of the gospel(again, the discussion for the reasons for this are beyond the scope of this article).

In Christ and with Christ,

John M. Whalen

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
John said:
Nowhere in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John will you find 1 Cor. 15;1-4 being preached as the "good news", the basis for our salvation and justification. Nowhere.

Consider this. You cannot preach what you do not know. You cannot believe that which you do not know.

During the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry, the apostles and disciples had no knowledge of his impending, death, burial, and resurrection:

"From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee" Mt. 16:21,22

"And he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. And he spake that saying openly. And Peter took him, and began to rebuke him." Mark 8:31,32

(Comment: Obviously, Peter was attempting to prevent the Lord's death! If the death, burial, and resurrection was the grounds for Peter's salvation and justification(as Paul expounds on in his epistles), why was Peter trying to prevent the very thing that would be the basis for his justification? See also John 18:10. Did he ever preach 1 Cor. 15:1-4? If he had, his rebuke of the Lord would be a non-sensical reaction!)

"For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day. But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him." Mark 9:31,32

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34

"Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day...." Luke 24:45,46

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9

(Comment: Notice they did not know it or understand it prior to His death! They were not preaching 1 Cor. 15:1-4).

Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, they intially did not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41

Many(most?) presume/assume, and yes, embrace the prevalent, but erroneous view, that there is only one gospel in scripture. The fact that the message of the cross is not part of the "gospel of the kingdom" does not mean that the Lord jesus Christ's death was not the critical event. And no one has ever been, nor ever will be, saved apart from the death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. But it is an altogether different matter to contend/argue that it was the contents of one and the same gospel throughout the Holy Bible. Christ's death was the central event, but that fact was not always part of the content or message(a discussion of progressive revelation would be beyond the scope of this message). Indeed, during the Lord Jesus Christ's earthly ministry, the "gospel of the kingdom", the good news" of the approaching Davidic, Messianic kingdom("...as the days of heaven upon the earth...." Deut. 11:24), which was the subject of Old Testament prophecy concerning the restoration of earth with Jesus Christ ruling in righteousness, was preached:

"And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people." Mt. 4:23

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." Mt. 10:5-8

"And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." Mark 1:15

And yet, as shown previously, the disciples and apostles understood absolutely nothing of the cross and resurrection. Any honest read of scripture must come to this conclusion. So, how can anyone say that they "...preached Christ crucified...." 1 Cor. 1:23), or 1 Cor. 15:1-4, as Paul did? This is impossible, if we assume reasoning is a legitimate tool. Only later, through Paul's apostle ship, was the cross revealed as the central theme of the gospel(again, the discussion for the reasons for this are beyond the scope of this article).

In Christ and with Christ,

John M. Whalen

Re read this carefully billy. You cant be saved by something in Israels program that simply wasnt THERE.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
billychum said:
Death, burial and resurection was in Israels program, so if I believe it then can't I be saved?
Billy <><
PS. John thanks for the info it will come in handy.

Read it again....the death , burial and resurrection of Christ was NEVER preached by Peter or anyone else in the Kingdom program as the means by which they must be saved. It was "repent (change your mind about who your promised MESSIAH is) and be (water) baptized". Water baptism was REQUIRED for the "nation of PRIESTS".

The ONLY time the death, burial and resurrection of Christ was mentioned by Peter was to make the charge of a murder endictment plain to the nation Israel. It wasnt THEIR Good news by a long shot! It was VERY BAD NEWS! You killed your Messiah...thats the news given to them....NOT good, not good.:(

Billy....NO ONE today can be saved by the gospel given to Israel. That gospel is NO LONGER ON THE TABLE! The ONLY gospel by which we can be saved is the gospel given to the apostle Paul...found in 1 Cor 15:1-4.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I (Who is "I"...its PAUL) preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

Read these verses...does it say that Peters gospel is that by which you are saved? Just read the words and believe what they SAY! What do they SAY?:confused:

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
billychum said:
Death, burial and resurection was in Israels program, so if I believe it then can't I be saved?
Billy <><
PS. John thanks for the info it will come in handy.

Billy, why don't you post some scripture supporting your idea that the preaching of the cross is found in the gospels? Show me one scripture that says believe in Christ death, burrial, and resurrection in Matthew. You can say its there, but I can also say that the Burger King guy is looking in my window right now, but that doesn't mean he is:thumbsup: Atleast I hope not, the commercial freaks me out.

Blessings,

TSM

Upvote 0

eph3Nine

Nov 7, 2005
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
TheScottsMen said:
Billy, why don't you post some scripture supporting your idea that the preaching of the cross is found in the gospels? Show me one scripture that says believe in Christ death, burrial, and resurrection in Matthew. You can say its there, but I can also say that the Burger King guy is looking in my window right now, but that doesn't mean he is:thumbsup: Atleast I hope not, the commercial freaks me out.

Blessings,

TSM

Ya know TSM, I used to make blanket statements such as billy is making, and I really thought I was "right on"...until I actually LOOKED at the scriptures. I was DUMBSTRUCK! I then realized that I was WRONG....oh my, thats the REAL biggie, isnt it???? ;) But it didnt hurt very long...I got over it and began to STUDY these "differences" that the dispys were showing me....lo and behold...I had been a christian for over twenty five years and MISSED it!

Well, it was a humbling experience, but one I never regretted. Churches have cheated many fine folks from seeing and experiencing the wonders of the MYSTERY truths given to Paul for us. It made me really mad! How did YOU feel about it when you saw that churches werent passing on the right message?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.