Visit site
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it ok to listen to really satanic metal like Dimmu Borgir and Emperor and Mayhem and stuff like that?
And is it bad listening to Cannibal corpse and likE Cradle of Filth n stuff? Cuz im a Christian and i dunno if its alright or not?
I would say if the band/song is against God, you should never listen to it. but as for the style, I think it's probably fine to listen to, unless it effects your relationship with God

welcome to the board :)

Upvote 0

Phil4987

Jan 22, 2007
✟8,080.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I would say if the band/song is against God, you should never listen to it. but as for the style, I think it's probably fine to listen to, unless it effects your relationship with God

welcome to the board :)

No way. The lyrica mean nothign unless you are sympatheitc towards them.

Upvote 0

BUCKFANDAN

Metalhead in Training
Mar 2, 2007
Tampa, FL USA
Visit site
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No way. The lyrica mean nothign unless you are sympatheitc towards them.
i do not agree at all! how can you support someone who is completely against what you belive? I mean, if your some other religion than christian, fine, who cares, but lots of metal isn't against God at all. Be careful what you listen to, if you have a doubt, bring it to God

(Blind Guardian & Disturbed is cool....maybe godsmack too)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Phil4987

Jan 22, 2007
✟8,080.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
i do not agree at all! how can you support someone who is completely against what you belive? I mean, if your some other religion than christian, fine, who cares, but lots of metal isn't against God at all. Be careful what you listen to, if you have a doubt, bring it to God

By 'someone,' you mean, an anti-religious band, right?

Upvote 0

Phil4987

Jan 22, 2007
✟8,080.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Decide: Scars of the Crucifix. I used to listen to it all the time. It did not affect me because;

A) I couldn't discern one bit what was said
B) Even if I had bothered to read the lyrics, whatever the message is would have not affected me in anyway as I would not be sympathetic towards antiGod messages.

Reading the Satanic Bible does not make you a Satanist, listening to Deicide does not make you anti-God.

If your mind is strong enough to disregard the message, then it is fine.

Upvote 0

BUCKFANDAN

Metalhead in Training
Mar 2, 2007
Tampa, FL USA
Visit site
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Decide: Scars of the Crucifix. I used to listen to it all the time. It did not affect me because;

A) I couldn't discern one bit what was said
B) Even if I had bothered to read the lyrics, whatever the message is would have not affected me in anyway as I would not be sympathetic towards antiGod messages.

Reading the Satanic Bible does not make you a Satanist, listening to Deicide does not make you anti-God.

If your mind is strong enough to disregard the message, then it is fine.
i dissagree, listining to them would be wrong because it is supporting them. do you give your kids drugs & hope they dont use them? at what age are they strong enough to resist? do you advise girls to go naked, in front of the guys who are strong enough to resist them? the bible says to steer away from sin, not to go into it & see if your strong enough to resist it.

christians should stay AS FAR away from sin as possible

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ParaCristo

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2005
Kansas City Area ,Mo
Visit site
✟105,976.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
.....Garbage in......Garbage out....

as a Christian does it mess ya up to listen to Metal......no probably not....

will it help your walk with Christ....no probably not...

It is a personal decision....

Just an adults advice
I choose not to listen to Metal that tears me down..
I listen to Metal that inspires me and lifts my spirits and pumps me up..

PC

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private

You seem like a person whose heart is in the right place, so please don't take this as some kind of insult, but...you do realize that Godsmack's lead singer is a proud Wiccan, right? (At least, last time I checked) Also, do you know for a fact that all the members of Disturbed or any other band you listen to are all God-fearing christians, as well? I love Jesus. I love Disturbed's music. I think ParaCristo hit it on the head.

Upvote 0

Phil4987

Jan 22, 2007
✟8,080.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
i dissagree, listining to them would be wrong because it is supporting them. do you give your kids drugs & hope they dont use them? at what age are they strong enough to resist? do you advise girls to go naked, in front of the guys who are strong enough to resist them? the bible says to steer away from sin, not to go into it & see if your strong enough to resist it.

christians should stay AS FAR away from sin as possible

Ok, basically you're saying that by listening to these bands I am immersing myself in sin and supporting their Christ punching ways. Well, here is my rebuttal

A) I am not sinning because I am focusing on the positive aspects of the music, and weeding out the bad. Sort of like reading the NT where Jesus murders 2,000 piggies by allowing devils to enter them. I mean, God, I know pork isnt your thing, but come on, don't you think you ended enough life in the OT?

B) I am not supporting the band. Sure, I'll let my friends know about awesome music, but I am not actually buying their stuff and promoting that crap put of it.

C) If it's sin, God will forgive you if you are genuine in your repentance. God doesn't want anyone to go to hell, and He makes that clear in Ezekiel 18:

28Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

32For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.
Ezekiel 18

So, if you've shaved, wear clothes with more than one fabric, or punch a baby, ask God for forgiveness and thou will be forgiven.

Upvote 0

BUCKFANDAN

Metalhead in Training
Mar 2, 2007
Tampa, FL USA
Visit site
✟15,508.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, basically you're saying that by listening to these bands I am immersing myself in sin and supporting their Christ punching ways. Well, here is my rebuttal

A) I am not sinning because I am focusing on the positive aspects of the music, and weeding out the bad. Sort of like reading the NT where Jesus murders 2,000 piggies by allowing devils to enter them. I mean, God, I know pork isnt your thing, but come on, don't you think you ended enough life in the OT?

B) I am not supporting the band. Sure, I'll let my friends know about awesome music, but I am not actually buying their stuff and promoting that crap put of it.

C) If it's sin, God will forgive you if you are genuine in your repentance. God doesn't want anyone to go to hell, and He makes that clear in Ezekiel 18:

So, if you've shaved, wear clothes with more than one fabric, or punch a baby, ask God for forgiveness and thou will be forgiven.

confuseing post, man...God is forgiving when you repent. but you should never sin & just say "god will forgive me" That is NO way to live as a christian. God Had nothing against those pigs, why don't you blame them demons?? they went into them pigs after God SAVED A MANS LIFE by casting them out. I dont know for sure, but I trust God enough to know, he wasn't sinning.

I just wouldn't feel right listening to God bashing music, I listen to music for entertainment, so is it right to be entertained by someone bashing God, or promoting satan?

You seem like a person whose heart is in the right place, so please don't take this as some kind of insult, but...you do realize that Godsmack's lead singer is a proud Wiccan, right? (At least, last time I checked) Also, do you know for a fact that all the members of Disturbed or any other band you listen to are all God-fearing christians, as well? I love Jesus. I love Disturbed's music. I think ParaCristo hit it on the head.

he is wiccan? I had no idea. I thought they prolly didn't have respect for God(thus the name), but i didn't know, I will not support them in any way(unless i find out that isn't true) As for disturbed, I have no idea what they're beliefs are, so I WILL listen to them UNLESS they're songs go DIRECTLY AGAINST GOD

Upvote 0
K

Kongsblod

I made the choice to listen only to bands that have AT LEAST safe lyrics,
bands like (newer) slechtvalk, Royal Anguish, In Vain, have all safe lyrics and christians in the band, but are not 'christian' bands,

bands like Mortification, Extol, Lengsel, Tortured Consience, they have upfront christian lyrics and are awesome to listen too,

Especially talking about power metal, I get rather fast influenced by lyrics so I try to keep it safe,

if it keeps you away from God, don,t listen to it, if it doesn't, than it's ok...

it's something personal.

Reactions: ParaCristo
Upvote 0