✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This reminds me of a country song...

Anyways, here is what I wish I could send to myself:

Dear Amber,
Guess what? You made it. You reached your goals, you made the money you wanted and you have all the independence you screamed you needed. Congratulations. Now come up with better goals, stop caring about money and learn to let people in.
Also: you can't save them all so learn to stop trying to be the glue that holds it together. You did a great job in avoiding all those mistakes you saw your family make but in the process you were too cautious- live a little more. And when you go on that road trip to see David and pass through Texas- take that detour to Starbucks you will debate over. It will save you months of grief.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. invest wisely
2. Avoid fake people
3. Don't become a teacher; pursue arts for a career and then volunteer with kids
4. learn from wise people; seek out those that have "won" and do what they do; don't follow the habits of those that aren't what you want to be- sure there are a lot of them and they make it seem like the cool option, but the road to what is better is narrow. (this is still my advice to myself at every stage of my life).

Reactions: Beauty4Ashes
Upvote 0

kingoffools13

Jun 14, 2007
PA
✟12,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
probably wouldn't give myself advice because I wouldn't wanna spoil it ... if i did it would be simple things like "stay away from her, she seems cool but really turns out to be kind of a Ho-Bag" ... stuff like that

K
O
f

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • OK use that money Grandpa gave you to travel, but when you get back, GET YOUR DRIVER'S license.
  • Check in with your friend now and then. She's not on a good path and there are bad people leading her astray.
  • DO. NOT. GET. THAT. CREDIT. CARD.
  • Make peace with Mom. You both don't understand eachother, and yes, it has everything to do with your age. You'll be glad for the memories later.
  • Set the bar higher in love. And trust your gut.

Reactions: white dove
Upvote 0

JourneyToPeace

His law is love and His gospel is peace
Sep 17, 2010
Canada
✟9,970.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If I could talk to the 14 year old I once was....

1. Exercise regularly and eat healthy, and start doing it RIGHT NOW.

2. I know you don't like French now, but when you're in your 20s, most jobs you want will need it, so put up with it, and keep on taking it.

3. Keep your faith alive. If you feel it start to slip, reach out for help to other Christians. Just keep reading, and keep thinking, and keep attending church for goodness sake. It'll save you a LOT of grief later if you make Jesus Christ your best friend now.

4. Don't let fear hold you back from doing what you need to do. Life is FULL of 'what-if's', and most of them NEVER happen. Do everything to can to live your life to the fullest, and I can promise you, your family and BEST friends will be there for you every step of the way.

5. This one is the MOST important. Respect yourself, and respect your future spouse, and above all, respect God. You may come to a point, in your late teens or early 20s, where you feel like doing what everyone else is doing. Instead, hold tight and say NO when you WANT to say no. Oh, and keep saying YES to God. He's going to get you through a couple of VERY rough years, if you let Him.

6. Keep in close touch with your friends. If you don't, you'll regret it. I know you're an introvert by nature, but make a point of calling everyone at least once every two weeks. You'll be grateful when you're a bit older.

7. Spend as MUCH time as you can with your grandparents, and tell them you love them. Don't let your schedule, your activities, or your 'life' get in the way -- I hate to say it, but they won't be around forever, and you need to say everything you want to, right now.

8. Have fun. Do a couple crazy things -- not dangerous, not stupid, just innocently crazy. :) You'll look back, and be glad you took that trip/went on that retreat/tried that new thing.

9. Forgive.... and do your BEST to forget. If you can't forget then just move on, in love, with those who hurt you.

10. Save your first kiss and your first date for someone OTHER than the first three guys you seriously like, starting in highschool and going forward. In fact, don't bother dating anyone OR kissing anyone who doesn't love Christ. I know that sounds prejudiced now..... but when you're 25 and looking back, you'll thank me. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1. Don't believe what they are saying about you. They're broken people with broken lives and they hate you because your life doesn't suck.
2. START WRITING AND COMPOSING NOW.
3. Don't stress over bad grades; you know everything they're going to try teach you anyway (except for mathematics, which you will find you learn better studying on your own).
4. Wait on college until you don't have to go into debt for it.
5. Stop obsessing over S____. She doesn't love you and never will. You might be missing out on someone better because you haven't noticed her. Maybe not, but it's worth a shot.
6. Don't part your hair down the middle. Ever again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GregC

The Music Guy
Oct 5, 2010
Small Town, Virginia
✟15,212.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just keep doing what you're doing. Don't do anything differently. Except one thing. In highschool? Take AP classes plz.

AP classes saved me quite a lot of money. I always recommend people taking them. At my school we didn't have to pay a dollar for them or buy books. We just had to pay for the end of semester exams.

Last edited:
Upvote 0