Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
who here lives in Melbourne? i'm planning for a trip to Melbourne (hope there won't be any bushfires by then), and i'm wondering whether you guys can give me some tips. How many days do you reckon is needed to just check out Melbourne city? are there any nature scenaries that are within driving distance from Melbourne CBD? say 2-3 hrs drive. I heard it takes a day to get to the 12 apostles and that it's not worth the time.

thanks.

Woody

{Child of the Wilderness}
Dec 3, 2004
Victoria, Australia (come visit sometime!)
✟20,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are heaps of gardens in the City.....but to check out Melbourne alone you would need a few days, then the outlying scenery would take longer. It takes probably around 2 hours to drive to Port Campbell (the 12 apostles) from melbourne, and they are worth while! If you are really into nature, go to the organ pipes national park, there are some rare rock formations there. Its out along the calder fwy, near the calder park race way :)

Upvote 0

Talie

Senior Veteran
Apr 16, 2004
Gippsland
Visit site
✟18,211.00
Faith
Non-Denom
a trip along the Great Ocean Road - in my opinion - is defiantely worth it - take the whole trip though, don't just "arrive" at the 12 apostles. You could also take atrip in the other direction to the Tarra Bulga National Park - I was just there a few days ago, lovely.

TarraBulga3.jpg

Upvote 0

Droobie

Rebmem Raluger
Nov 22, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
✟20,072.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
I'd recommend joining a tour group to the Great Ocean Road, rather than driving yourself. It's abotu 3-4 hours of winding road one way, and unless you have the whole day (and I mean the whole day) to spend 90% of it driving, then it's up to you. An easier 'day' trip from the city might be Ballarat, or mebbe Phillip Island to see penguins... but that would finish late. Again, would suggest a tour group.

Upvote 0

Woody

{Child of the Wilderness}
Dec 3, 2004
Victoria, Australia (come visit sometime!)
✟20,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
AussieLover said:
isn't it a German town?

ROFL!!!

Isn't that rather ironic (?), your username is "AussieLover".....but you didn't know Melbourne is the capital city of Victoria.....^_^
You do know victoria is a state in Australia dont you? ;)

Upvote 0