✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
UNSUREofJESUS said:
ive heard people say that people are mediums do not go to heaven? is this true. my mum's a medium and she is ill in hospital. do they go to heaven or hwll? or to the ground! i need a christain perspective!

from FEXX
Is she a follower of Christ? Disobeying God by being a medium is sinful but it would not be something we could say determines whether God has granted her eternal life. I would merely ask you if she was a disciple of the Lord. If not, I would guess that unless the Lord brings her to saving faith in Him she will not go to Heaven.

God bless

Upvote 0

he_is_risen!!

All ways in need of help
Oct 24, 2003
Arizona
Visit site
✟7,907.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Ok first off I hope your mom gets better soon. I'm praying for her

What I would also ask is If she ever accepted Christ into her heart? now what the Bible says is

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

The reason being is that whether the person relizes it or not, the power to predict the future talk to the died, ect comes from the devil. He uses those things to get a hold in someone's life. And unfortunatly that person can't enter Heaven cause God is holy and no sin or evil can be in His presence.

However, if your mom and anyone for that matter, asks Jesus into their heart and asks for forgiveness then by Christs blood they are made clean in God's eyes adn can then enter into Heaven. That's what CHrsitans are. We are ordinary people who have asked Christ into our hearts and by his blood have been made Clean and so forth can enter Heaven.

Basically if your mom turn from that profession and asks God into her heart then all her mistakes, sins and everything that che's done wrong, will be gone. God won't even remember it. He says that your sins will be removed from you as far as the east is from the West.

That applies to Everyone no matter what. Anyone can go to Heaven if they repent adn ask God into they're Heart and turn away from they're sins then they are saved.

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Only God can judge and give life. He is merciful and can save us if we repent of sins and turn to Him for love and help. If we reject His help and love offered to us through His Son Jesus, then we are responsible for the consequences.
Learn how to pray for your mother from the Bible and take to her the words of life that are in it. Maybe she knows all about it and does not receive it....I do not know, but we all have to give accounts for the lives we live and only God will judge - not me or any other man.
I hope the best for you and your mother and will ask God to send help. It has much to do with if we will receive it or not, though, you see?

Upvote 0
B

Bevlina

UNSUREofJESUS said:
ive heard people say that people are mediums do not go to heaven? is this true. my mum's a medium and she is ill in hospital. do they go to heaven or hwll? or to the ground! i need a christain perspective!

from FEXX
Unless she repents of what she is doing as a medium and gives her life to Jesus and acepts Him into her heart as her Saviour she cannot be saved.
God is happy to forgive anyone of sin if they repent. It is His pleasure. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
UNSUREofJESUS said:

from FEXX
According to scripture, if your mum doesn't know Christ as her Lord and Savior, she can not see the kingdom of God. I pray that you will become sure of Jesus, FEXX, and ask Him to reveal Himself to your mum in a way in which she will clearly know and understand that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I am praying for you both, n hz name.

Upvote 0

Carrye

Weisenheimer
Aug 30, 2003
✟29,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
UNSUREofJESUS said:
It really depends on the individual person. She's not a Christian, I assume? Maybe now would be a good time to become one. Please let me know (by PM or otherwise) if I can answer any questions for you, UnsureofJesus. Jesus is "the real deal", I guarantee you.

Upvote 0

Minowa

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
✟7,666.00
Faith
Other Religion
he_is_risen!! said:
The reason being is that whether the person relizes it or not, the power to predict the future talk to the died, ect comes from the devil. He uses those things to get a hold in someone's life. And unfortunatly that person can't enter Heaven cause God is holy and no sin or evil can be in His presence.

Why from the devil? How about those who wrote the book of Revelations? Is that not prophecy? And why is it not damned then? Can we get some scripture here?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Asar'el

Jun 3, 2004
Christchurch, NZ
✟2,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not all prophecy is 'of the devil'; however, many (myself included), are of the understanding that prophecy has now ceased; that there are no new revelations.

Speaking with the dead, on the other hand, was never a godly gift described in Scripture. Personally, I believe there is no speaking with the dead (and those that think they do so, are in fact deceived by evil spirits...); that the witch of Endor was surprised when God (imho) over-wrote her conjuring session, and allowed Samuel to answer (but not constrained the prophet) Saul's call... because she knew her own power, and that was not what would (ordinarily) have happened...

I believe medlling with these things (attempting to 'channel' the dead, etc.) is against the teachings of the bible; and shows a damnable unbelief in God's true way of salvation; therefore those that practice it are (imho) in danger of eternal damnation. Not to say that such cannot be saved - but not while they persist in such practice...

Your mother, from the little you've mentioned, is in serious need of a godly preacher's help. She may yet have time... but it is never guaranteed to anyone...

Upvote 0

Asar'el

Jun 3, 2004
Christchurch, NZ
✟2,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UNSUREofJESUS said:
Ive told her that she got to do something about it, but she says she does not want to :(, cant she see that u guys might be right!
Unfortunately, it is very hard for someone who has 'supernatural' experiences to see any danger in them. For most, it is a proof that they are accepted of God. At the very least, it makes them 'special'. Few are willing to settle for ordinary. Sad, but true.

Upvote 0

shepard_boy

Sep 17, 2004
✟156.00
Faith
Baptist
UNSUREofJESUS,

I along with others will be praying for you and your mom. I hope and pray that she will "see the light" and come through. I hope that you can find at least some comfort in knowing that we're praying for you.

Minowa,

Me and my mother have done alot of studing in the Book of Revelation. The reason John was not damned was because God himself gave him the vision to write down. The Scripture I have to offer is Revelation 1:1

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to show His servants-things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John." Revelation 1:1

So there you can see that God gave John that vision, so it was not a sin, as it all other times is. I also believe in what Asar'el says. There can be no other prophecies after Revelations. This I back with this verse:

"18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;19and if anyone takes awayfrom the words of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from things which are written in this book." Revelations 22:18-19

So I guess that taking away is worse than adding, according to this. Well, I hope that helps someone in some way. If you have any questions, please fell free to PM me, and if I don't have the answer, I'll find someone who does.

Upvote 0

Minowa

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
✟7,666.00
Faith
Other Religion
shepard_boy said:
UNSUREofJESUS,

I along with others will be praying for you and your mom. I hope and pray that she will "see the light" and come through. I hope that you can find at least some comfort in knowing that we're praying for you.

Minowa,

Me and my mother have done alot of studing in the Book of Revelation. The reason John was not damned was because God himself gave him the vision to write down. The Scripture I have to offer is Revelation 1:1

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to show His servants-things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John." Revelation 1:1

So there you can see that God gave John that vision, so it was not a sin, as it all other times is. I also believe in what Asar'el says. There can be no other prophecies after Revelations. This I back with this verse:

"18For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book;19and if anyone takes awayfrom the words of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from things which are written in this book." Revelations 22:18-19

So I guess that taking away is worse than adding, according to this. Well, I hope that helps someone in some way. If you have any questions, please fell free to PM me, and if I don't have the answer, I'll find someone who does.

Oh, I see.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fexx-Saved

I am not but I know I AM !
Nov 3, 2004
planet earth
✟264.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello everone, I become a christian yesterday, i want to say that i've told my mum that i have become a christian and she does not like it!! I need a church now, can u recommend one to me, what type shall i go to?? um...how can i make her beleive in Jesus!

Reactions: Ryder
Upvote 0

Bonhoffer

Hoping......
Dec 17, 2003
Preston, Lancashire, UK
✟10,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Fexx-Saved said:
ive heard people say that people are mediums do not go to heaven? is this true. my mum's a medium and she is ill in hospital. do they go to heaven or hell? or to the ground! i need a christain perspective!

from FEXX
Hi. My sister is a medium and a very nice person. She is just misguided thats all.

Mediumship from a Christian perspective is evil and sinful, but not much more so than smoking or bad language and the truth is that God loves mediums like anybody else.

Right as for the heaven and hell thing, Jesus said you will only enter to the kingdom of God if you are born-again. I very much doubt that a born-again person would or could be a medium. However we are not to judge anothers slavation with such affirmity. Only God knows where her heart lies and they is always the chance someone may become saved or born-again in the last second of their life. If she is never born-again then sadly hell is where she will end up. But you cannot know where or not she is or will be born-again.
Dont worry too much about it. It is all on Gods hands!

Pray for her. Get the church to pray for her. Talk to her about Jesus. Ask her to turn her back on and repent for mediumship. God is big enough to save a medium. He has afterall promised to save my sister.

Upvote 0

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fexx-Saved said:
I havent got a church yet, and I have told her about Jesus, but she is relucant to listen
Sorry I can't advise you of a church, Fexx-Saved, but I can advise you to keep talking to your mom about Jesus. Reluctance is not refusal, remember, and we can put our hope in God to change her heart. :)

Keep reading the Bible and asking the Lord to give you the words He wants you to say to your mom. He will speak through you to her heart as you trust more and more in Him.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Faith In God

A little FIG is all we need...
Apr 3, 2004
Texas
✟36,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bonhoffer said:
Hi. My sister is a medium and a very nice person. She is just misguided thats all.
I know some very nice non-Christians.
Mediumship from a Christian perspective is evil and sinful, but not much more so than smoking or bad language and the truth is that God loves mediums like anybody else.
Yup. But "...those that practice magic arts...their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfer. This is the second death."
Rev. 21:8
Right as for the heaven and hell thing, Jesus said you will only enter to the kingdom of God if you are born-again. I very much doubt that a born-again person would or could be a medium. However we are not to judge anothers slavation with such affirmity.
it's not judgmental to warn someone that they aren't wearing a parachute when they are about to jump off a plane in mid-flight.
and read Rev. 21:8 again.
Only God knows where her heart lies and they is always the chance someone may become saved or born-again in the last second of their life.
yup. But we need to keep warning about the jump.
If she is never born-again then sadly hell is where she will end up. But you cannot know where or not she is or will be born-again.
Yes we can. Paul gives us lists of things to look out for in pretenders. Mostly fruits.
Dont worry too much about it. It is all on Gods hands!
Only after you've done your part...
Pray for her. Get the church to pray for her. Talk to her about Jesus. Ask her to turn her back on and repent for mediumship. God is big enough to save a medium. He has afterall promised to save my sister.
:) Absolutely.

Upvote 0