A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Fexx-Saved said:
Hello everone, I become a christian yesterday, i want to say that i've told my mum that i have become a christian and she does not like it!! I need a church now, can u recommend one to me, what type shall i go to?? um...how can i make her beleive in Jesus!
Dear Fexx,
I'm so happy for you! :clap:

I am still praying for you and your mother....don't worry about your mum....Our God is MIGHTY and He can save anyone...He can bring any heart to faith and to love Him....Pray for your mother every day...Be merciful to her...She has been very ill and she needs compassion and understanding...be patient with her. Coming to the truth is very difficult for anyone and the best thing is to just pray and be loving to her...let her see Christ in YOU.

I hope you will read your Bible all the time, study it. I cannot tell you which church you should attend, but I would say that you are best to start in a church that is established and that recognizes the Nicene Creed. There are many churches who do believe in the truths of the Nicene Creed. Church of England, Lutherans and many other Protestants, as well as Catholics, Orthodox.....

God bless you....He knows all your needs and He will honor all of your effort to know Him...
Love,
Suzannah

Upvote 0

mesue

Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Aug 24, 2003
Visit site
✟32,662.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Fexx-Saved said:
Hello everone, I become a christian yesterday, i want to say that i've told my mum that i have become a christian and she does not like it!! I need a church now, can u recommend one to me, what type shall i go to?? um...how can i make her beleive in Jesus!
:amen: :clap: Welcome to the family of God!! :hug:
:pray: praying for your family :pray:

I will not tell you which church to go to, but I can tell you what to look for in a church.
Are they teaching the Word og God?
Do they worship and glorify God?
Is there fellowship with other believers?

Acts 2:41-47 shows us what a local church should be, and offers help in looking for a good church.
Acts :2:41: Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Acts 2:42: And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Acts 2:43: And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Acts 2:44: And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Acts 2:45: And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Acts 2:46: And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Acts 2:47: Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Upvote 0

Risen Tree

previously Rising Tree
Nov 20, 2002
Georgia
✟18,382.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Fexx-Saved said:
Welcome aboard!

We'd love to have you drop by Liberal Churches, which is short on doctrine and long on love. :) Also, I have heard some very good things about our Catholic forum, easily enough for me to recommend that you stop by there.

If you'd like to attain more diversity of thought, maybe you could post in our General Theology forum if you want some more information on where you stand and what your theology is. Don't worry if the terms sound big and confusing; eventually, you'll get used to them all. Once you get your feet planted a little, drop by the denominational forums to check out the different denominations we have out there. You'll note that there is quite a diversity in thought among Christianity--this freedom to choose our own style is one of the nifty perks of our faith!

Congradulations, my friend, and good luck!

Upvote 0