Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
actually unions are and have always been supportive of honest job reviews....as long as the review is about actual job performance

My example is factual. If you aren't going to be compensated for doing more then what's the point? Everyone does only what the least productive person does. With very few exceptions.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My example is factual. If you aren't going to be compensated for doing more then what's the point? Everyone does only what the least productive person does. With very few exceptions.
does that include you?

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I was the employer. I worked harder than anyone.

In my opinion and experience, every employer deludes himself and thinks he works harder than his workers and actually believes their own rhetoric. Also, the employer has vested interest, his gains the profits and all the wealth from everyone's work, a worker just gets a wage, which has usually been beaten down to its lowest "going rate".

They all think workers owe them their lives to make them money, yet don't feel they should have a shred of loyalty to their workers, ("If they don't like it, they can get lost" mentality), usually always try to pay them bottom wage rates then expect their 100% loyalty, their always manipulative con-artists out to line their own pockets and their demands grow and grow.

In my opinion their greedy, take more from the workers than the workers ever gain and then use the fact they have the power over the worker to talk down to them and discipline them, to justify their own arrogance without consequences. A boss can call a worker lazy and useless to his face and swear at him, a worker does the same to a boss, his loses his job. So you're right, not all men are "equal", but that doesn't make it moral in anyway.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my opinion and experience, every employer deludes himself and thinks he works harder than his workers and actually believes their own rhetoric.

They all think workers owe them their lives to make them money, yet don't feel they should have a shred of loyalty to their workers, ("If they don't like it, they can get lost" mentality), usually always try to pay them bottom wage rates then expect their 100% loyalty, their always manipulative con-artists out to line their own pockets and their demands grow and grow.

In my opinion their greedy, take more from the workers than the workers ever gain and then use the fact they have the power over the worker to talk down to them and discipline them, to justify their own arrogance without consequences. A boss can call a worker lazy and useless to his face and swear at him, a worker does the same to a boss, his loses his job. So you're right, not all men are "equal", but that doesn't make it moral in anyway.

You would be wrong in thinking everyone does that. The guys working for me averaged 150k a year. They had health insurance and retirement. I only had one employee that ever filed a grievance.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

The less productive electrician will get fired. Problem solved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The less productive electrician will get fired. Problem solved.

I tried that. It doesn't work that way. If you start firing them the union cracks down on you by telling everyone to drag up.

Reactions: Running2win
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Our system of government can only work when people have a common morality. The morality of today is none, so that is what we are getting-a government mandated system that will enforce only what is deemed acceptable behavior and belief. IMO, it was destined to fail over time.

Guns will go (or only guns for the party), and freedom of religion shortly after. Eventually the Constitution will be done away with or changed so much, it won't be recognizable. The ballot box can only slow this down, not stop it.

Think about it. Rewrite history, and teach them only what you want, and what kind of society will you have? This is what has been happening in our schools and colleges for decades. It is now bearing fruit.
18 Remember how the enemy has mocked you, Lord, how foolish people have reviled your name. 19 Do not hand over the life of your dove to wild beasts; do not forget the lives of your afflicted people forever. 20 Have regard for your covenant, because haunts of violence fill the dark places of the land. 21 Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name. 22 Rise up, O God, and defend your cause; remember how fools mock you all day long. 23 Do not ignore the clamor of your adversaries, the uproar of your enemies, which rises continually.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
You would be wrong in thinking everyone does that. The guys working for me averaged 150k a year. They had health insurance and retirement. I only had one employee that ever filed a grievance.

Well you might be in the minority of decent bosses.

Then again, you might be a boss who does his Christian duty towards his workers.

If what you say is true and you are generous towards your workers, I salute you, sir.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,157.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I tried that. It doesn't work that way. If you start firing them the union cracks down on you by telling everyone to drag up.

Union has to do that though, it would be unworkable to not treat every worker the same regardless of their productivity.

I always say, work as hard as reasonably possible, be the best you can be, then through your work, you can demand your rights, what is fair and what is due and be given the value of your work. Of course there is those who don't listen, there always will be.

• Agree
Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
18 Remember how the enemy has mocked you, Lord, how foolish people have reviled your name. 19 Do not hand over the life of your dove to wild beasts; do not forget the lives of your afflicted people forever. 20 Have regard for your covenant, because haunts of violence fill the dark places of the land. 21 Do not let the oppressed retreat in disgrace; may the poor and needy praise your name. 22 Rise up, O God, and defend your cause; remember how fools mock you all day long. 23 Do not ignore the clamor of your adversaries, the uproar of your enemies, which rises continually.
:scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Yeah, that has been my observation. I always tried to do my best cause Jesus is my real boss. :oldthumbsup: Don't matter what everyone else is doing. Excellence is what we are called to as followers of Jesus.

22Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it, not only when their eye is on you and to curry their favor, but with sincerity of heart and reverence for the Lord. 23Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How much did you make? no, don’t answer that.

Upvote 0