Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Physical training is also important for keeping this temple we live in healthy. It amazes me how many seriously overweight brothers and sisters there are. When I learned self control, my whole life changed. I ate anything I wanted, just not as much.

Physical training helps you honor God in your body

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Physical training is also important for keeping this temple we live in healthy. It amazes me how many seriously overweight brothers and sisters there are. When I learned self control, my whole life changed. I ate anything I wanted, just not as much.

Physical training helps you honor God in your body
i is certainly not bad for us .. although as the word of god says .." bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things"-1tim.

{and by the way -was this a fellowship or discussion thread ? they've forgotten to re-tag some of these threads ,im confused as to which was which now as there were both fellowship AND discussion threads on similar topics }

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I spoke with my niece and asked her about the Christian martial art she is involved in.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that they actually get invited into schools for demonstrations. It gives them opportunities to speak of their faith to groups otherwise not available.

Sounds like some good fruit.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember John Jacobs and his power team in the 80's. All these huge muscle bound guys doing feats of strength. Religious spirited people used to say all manner of ill, saying it's not God, it's worldly, a circus freak show etc etc.

What they missed was the people who comitted their lives to Christ, who accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Bad trees cannot produce good fruit. I read that somewhere.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Music can be worldly. Until we use it for the Gospel.

There is dance that is demonic, yet we can use dance to glorify God.

Christian athletes all over the world dedicate their bodies and training to God and some open praise God and pray on their fields of endeavor.

Football is incredible physical, yet players like Tebow use it as a venture of praise.

There was a world champion boxing match recently that opene a venue for the man to share his faith world wide. He left the venue and helped a groups outreach program.

Christian Minister, ordained by God take everything mystic and eastern out of a martial art and turn the focus completely to God.

And yet people, good Christians, are the loudest fault finder of each.

I wonder sometimes if it makes Jesus weep once more.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Part of preparation for my leaving the country was downsizing. We only have two kids left at home and five bedroom house was just too much. We found a wonderful three bedroom in a great neighborhood and just this week moved in.

One of the blessings of this smaller home was it's layout. We have turned a second living room into a theater room and are looking forward to football season. My wife will be leading our small group when I am gone and we can hardly wait to invite unchurched friends, neighbors and co-workers for football games. We get to show them Jesus!

Upvote 0