Not open for further replies.

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is hardly fair to accuse me of not actually believing in a teaching that I certainly ascribe to.
I think you may have missed any points that were being made.

Is it so hard to believe that "divorce" could be indicated because ones partner persists to use birth control despite their spouse protest, and yet that one seeking reconcile for the sin of adultery would have "divorce" contradicted?
Youre going to have to be a bit more clear.

This theology seems like the narrow gate to me. That which you teach seems to be the wide gate, taught, as you mentioned, by many who agree with you.

How many in your group believe like you do?
And you call MY view the 'wide' gate ;)

Upvote 0

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think you may have missed any points that were being made.

Youre going to have to be a bit more clear.

How many in your group believe like you do?
And you call MY view the 'wide' gate ;)

"My group?" That is hard to say, though many "profess" to the same belief.

Yes, your moral theology is far simpler, easier, and more accommodating to man's natural urges, which so often brings disharmony to the human condition.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"My group?" That is hard to say, though many "profess" to the same belief.
Interesting.
Im pretty sure I can dig up posts of yours that give some indication as to numbers.

I think we BOTH know its more than a small percentage of the overall church (of whatever group) who believes like you do.
So if we're talking about 'wide' versus 'narrow', it would seem that I might actually be on a path no wider than your own on the MDR issue.

Yes, your moral theology is far simpler, easier, and more accommodating to man's natural urges, which so often brings disharmony to the human condition.
You apparently have no clue what I believe and teach, then.

WE do not approve of frivolous divorce....of ANY marriage.
The difference between myself and some is I dont add to scripture some commandment to 'divorce and reconcile'.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.