Status
Not open for further replies.

drdeancrosby

Oct 18, 2003
HAWAII
✟210.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Kristi the number 7 in the bible usually indicates the end of a series of events.God frequently does things 7 times before He stops.

Revelation 13:17 is one of the best references to the mark of the beast (the antichrist) because it also refers to his number which is 666.I'm beginning to think that refers to 06/06/06 which may be the date for the presidential election in Iraq.The antichrist will rule from" BABYLON THE GREAT which is a city a short distance from Baghdad Iraq.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kristi,
Actually the meaning for numbers comes from our knowledge of the Hebrew. The number seven is the number of perfection, it is God's number. 6 is the number of man (who is incomplete without God). 5 is the number associated with grace. Let's see I believe 9 is the number associated with The Holy Spirit's gifts and fruits.
To further study this I suggest you read some of Yacov Rambsel's work. (What a precious man he is!!!) He is a Jewish man who through his studies found the Messiah, Jesus! He was the first to start work on the Bible codes. To really appeciate this man one should see him. He shines with God's love, like Moses! His books are filled with tremendous information about our Savior.
The reference is in The Revelation of Jesus Christ to John (last book of the Bible). 666- It is the number of a man..... (What is man but sin without God?) So this will be a man devoid of God.... A man such as Hitler only worse.... *shiver*
Hope that helped Kristi!
{{{HUG}}}
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0

jayswife29

Jun 26, 2003
n.y.
Visit site
✟454.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hate to say it, but right now the only answer you will get in the eschatology section will be more confusing than you could imagine. Right now its full of people arguing and I dont think a newer christian who is looking for answers would feel comfortable in there. Anyways the mark of the beast is in Revelation 13. It is most likely a number system that is used in referrence to buying, selling, trading. If you dont take the mark, you cant buy food, get a job, pay your bills, etc. If a person does take the mark, they are rejecting God, and therefore will be sent to hell.

Upvote 0

onetruechurch

Aug 5, 2003
georgia
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Kristi, In my study of the book of revelation ( the verse is 13:18) the beast is Nero caesar. Revelation was written to the seven churches at a time of severe persecution of the Christians. if they did not worship the roman emperor as Lord and God, they were thrown to lions, burned at the stake and other horrible things. the book was written as an encouragement to the churches to say " I know things are bad, but christians will have the victory in the end". most of the book is very symbolic. Roman people that worshipped the ruler had a "mark" or symbol so that they were allowed to buy and sell. ones without the mark were obviously christians and were not allowed to buy and sell. hence the 'mark of the beast'. the romans could not read Hebrew, so John wrote the beasts name in a sort of "code" each hebrew letter has a numerical value. when added up these spell Nero Caesar
NERO 306
CAESAR +360
Now with this in mind, go back and read rev 11-18 and see if it makes more sense!!!!!

Upvote 0

onetruechurch

Aug 5, 2003
georgia
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
Hobo No More said:
This would imply that that period was the tribulation, wouldn't it?
I have to study this a bit more, but yes this was a very trying time for the christians. However, the "tribulation" that premillenialists get from Matthew chapter 24 deals with the fall of Jeruselem in 70AD. I guess since Revelation was written in 90AD all this was right after the fall of Jeruselem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.