Manga plots

firegirl22

Jul 21, 2004
South Dakota
✟124.00
Faith
Christian
Hi everyone! This is my first new topic (except at the new people place) so I was wondering what you guys thought was the manga with the best plot. I personally like really confusing plots that make you stay awake at night thinking about it. Like Dragon Knights, it's very fun to re-read stuff to finally figure one point out. So, what's your favorite manga plot?

Lucent

For the Birds
Mar 3, 2004
Texas
✟622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rurouni Kenshin was really good, especially after Enishi (however you spell his name) came back for revenge. I couldn't stop reading after what happened at the dojo. (I can't say any more without spoiling anything)

I also enjoyed the Ah! My Goddess manga. Love Hina was far more entertaining and coherent as a manga than the anime was.

There is another manga that I'm following the scanlations of, but I can't remember the name right now, and I don't want to look for the CD I backed it up on (just reformatted my computer). When I get the chance, I'll come back and post the name.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that Hellsing and Ai Yori Aoshi both have excellent plots (I actually bought the first volumes of those two at the same time; a bit odd of a combination). The serialization of Evangelion has a really well-done plot that adds a lot of depth to the series itself (plus with the Eva manga there aren't animation shifts from story to story like there is between different episodes of the show).

Lucent said:
I also enjoyed the Ah! My Goddess manga. Love Hina was far more entertaining and coherent as a manga than the anime was.
I second Love Hina. Very entertaining. I've gotta get some of the Ah! My Goddess manga, though.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lucent said:
Ah! My Goddess starts off with kind of bad art, but it gets radically better within the first three to four volumes. Still worth it IMHO.
Yeah, I know. I've seen images from the early volumes splattered about the Internet for the last couple of years. I'm just confused about the way Dark Horse actually released the books. The early volumes seem to be mixed all around from what I saw, and then newer compilations of the same issues were fixed or whatever. In any case, I still don't have much money to finance it. I'm flat broke, actually.

Upvote 0

Emi-chan

Aug 11, 2004
Chesapeake, Va
✟142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Fantasy Land
The Five Star Stories (any volume is great!)
Shirahime-Syo:Snow Goddess Tales
Blade Of the Immotal

These are all deep, engaging stories that kept me up for hour.

I really didn't want to give them back to my friend who let me borrow them from her.

She practically had to tear them from my hand.:sigh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ghost23 said:
you might consider me an amateur when it comes to anime but im gathering that the manga is the book form of anime?
To be exact, manga are the comics that most anime series are based from. Most of the time, you'll see them sold in book form as a graphic novel, but they originally appeared in a comic format in magazines like Shônen Jump (among others), which has been sold here in America for I don't know how long (I don't read it).

There are some anime series that aren't based on manga, and there are others where the manga is simply a serialization of the television series or mini-series (such as the Evangelion or FLCL manga; those were originally anime). Then, of course, there are manga that never get made into an anime series, or haven't yet.

Upvote 0

SAint Mark

Jesus Freak
Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
✟8,336.00
Faith
Christian
Emi-chan said:
Fantasy Land
The Five Star Stories (any volume is great!)
Shirahime-Syo:Snow Goddess Tales
Blade Of the Immotal

These are all deep, engaging stories that kept me up for hour.

I really didn't want to give them back to my friend who let me borrow them from her.

She practically had to tear them from my hand.:sigh:

Yay! Another Blade of the Immortal fan!!!

Banzai! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums