Man Who Shouted Obscenity At Vice President Cheney Lands On e-Bay.

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...but.....this is...... a message board.

People post topics...people respond with various opinions....hence the meaning "forum".

fo·rum ([font=verdana,sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key

1. A public meeting place for open discussion.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ginny said:
...but.....this is...... a message board.

People post topics...people respond with various opinions....hence the meaning "forum".

fo·rum ([font=verdana,sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key

1. A public meeting place for open discussion.
As far as I'm concerned those people get a pass on anything they want to say. Including those who say things I disagree with.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
kermit said:
I'm sorry I got side tracked from my original point. Few of us have lived through the type of thing that Katrina survivors of experiencing. Until we do we have little right to criticize their actions or words..

kermit said:
It's like criticizing a Titanic surivor for getting mad that they weren't warned about the iceburg.
Really? How so? I'm not blaming Dr. Marble for anything, kermit. This whole thread is turning in a lesson on how to cloud a subject, from you.

kermit said:
You can criticize Dr. Marble for what he said, but you haven't earned that right.
Really? Well, no, I never
lost a house, but I've sat through a few 'canes myself. My old neighborhood, the 9th Ward, is the one that they were picking people off their roofs in, kermit. I lived @ 619 St Ferdidnand St. Before that I lived on Royal and St Roch. All in the 9th Ward. Most recently I've been living in the Garden District, where the houses have been burning down. The ones that don't have trees on top of them, anyways. I still have all my friends there, none of who show up on any of the survivor websites. My ex-girlfriend included. Two friends on the NOPD. Are they ok? Were they the two that took their own lives? One of the few hundred that are MIA? I don't know. The phone lines are down, so I can't call them to check on them. I'd love to drive down and see, but they've closed off the city. And to make matters worse, I leave for Africa in an hour. I'll be there for a year to a year & 1/2. So, it may be months before I know if anyones ok. Earned the right? Yeah, i think I have earned the right to criticise a man whose only claim to fame is cursing the VP and selling it on eBay. Peace.

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
kermit said:
I'm sorry I got side tracked from my original point. Few of us have lived through the type of thing that Katrina survivors of experiencing. Until we do we have little right to criticize their actions or words.

It's like criticizing a Titanic surivor for getting mad that they weren't warned about the iceburg. We have haven't earned that right.

You can criticize Dr. Marble for what he said, but you haven't earned that right.

I have the feeling the good doctor would have done this on any visit, Katrina or not.

Upvote 0

s_gunter

Contributor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
✟59,965.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now, I had a few choice words myself when I was still stuck in coastal Mississippi. I can understand his frustration and anger over the way things were going there. That's why at the first opportunity I had, I left until things settled down.

But now that he's trying to make money off this, it just reeks of greed, or maybe desperation. Desperation does turn people to monsters. I was about to go off myself before I left, just not wanting to do it in front of a TV camera. But once I was away from the situation and had my and my children's basic needs met, I was able to think a little more clearly and become more understanding about the situation. Maybe that guy just needed a place to "go off" and he chose the VP as his target. Maybe he's still desperate and that's why he's trying to make a little cash. Hardly anyone is back to work yet.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ginny said:
What a joke. Sorry, folks. I don't care how much you dislike the administration- No matter how much I disliked any administration, I would be respectful to the position held within, no matter what human body held the title. Idiot. He was speaking to the Vice President of the United States of America. No matter what one feels, I would not speak to anyone like that...President of the US or A CASHIER AT WAL-MART.

This guy has no manners, is immature, and an embarrassment. He will be forever remember for that...wherever he goes, whatever he does. Poor thing... and I am sure he word so hard for that doctorate.

Don't you get it?

This dude was merely dishing back the very words Cheney himself uttered on the Senate Floor to Patrick Leahy last year:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0624-13.htm

"[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The incident occurred on Tuesday in a terse discussion between the two that touched on politics, religion and money, with Cheney finally telling Leahy to "f--- off" or "go f--- yourself," the aides said."[/font]

This Doctor Dude would NOT have chosen that phrase to say to Mr. Cheney Had Cheney not himself thrown it at Leahy.

I'm Curious Ginny, Do you feel Senator Leahy's "Position" as United States Senator on the Senate floor deserves more respect than the Vice President Gave him that day?

Does that statement by Cheney to Leahy indicate to you The Vice President "has no manners, is immature, and an embarrassment"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
parousia70 said:
Don't you get it?

This dude was merely dishing back the very words Cheney himself uttered on the Senate Floor to Patrick Leahy last year:

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0624-13.htm

"[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The incident occurred on Tuesday in a terse discussion between the two that touched on politics, religion and money, with Cheney finally telling Leahy to "f--- off" or "go f--- yourself," the aides said."[/font]

This Doctor Dude would NOT have chosen that phrase to say to Mr. Cheney Had Cheney not himself thrown it at Leahy.

I'm Curious Ginny, Do you feel Senator Leahy's "Position" as United States Senator on the Senate floor deserves more respect than the Vice President Gave him that day?

Does that statement by Cheney to Leahy indicate to you The Vice President "has no manners, is immature, and an embarrassment"?

Beat me to it.

Upvote 0

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
kermit said:
Case in point.

What makes you think you have earned the right to criticize him?

What gives you the right to criticize me? This is a message board where people give their opinions. Don't like it leave honey I got better things to do than listen to you yell down off your tower.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
NothingButTheBlood said:
What gives you the right to criticize me? This is a message board where people give their opinions. Don't like it leave honey I got better things to do than listen to you yell down off your tower.
Are you spouting your opinoin from the context of a horrible tragedy? No, and neither am I. This makes our footing similar. Those people in the Gulf Coast have gone through something none of us have had to live through. This puts them, within the context of this situation, on a much higher footing.

It's no different than criticizing a Titanic survivor or a World Trade Center survivor or any other tragedy for their feelings on what they went through.

I don't understand how anyone could not see that.

Upvote 0