Man Who Shouted Obscenity At Vice President Cheney Lands On e-Bay.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gulfport, MS (AHN) - Hurricane Katrina was not kind to the regions of Mississippi, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida.

However, that has not stopped a Gulfport, MS doctor from getting his 15-minutes of fame.

Dr. Ben Marble has gained world-wide attention for telling Vice President Dick Cheney last week to "go f--- himself" numerous times as VP Cheney held a press conference on the streets of a destroyed neighborhood. The video has aired on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, The Daily Show, David Letterman, and The Tonight Show.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000128516

Scribbler

Ignoring all links to Huffington Post
Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Marble says in the auction details, "My wife, Lisa Marble, was featured on CNN after having our baby Sofia Grace shortly after the storm, but the truth is we are still luckier than many people down here because at least we didn't die in the worst natural disaster in the history of our nation."

Must not have heard of Hurricane Isaac.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Scribbler said:
"Marble says in the auction details, "My wife, Lisa Marble, was featured on CNN after having our baby Sofia Grace shortly after the storm, but the truth is we are still luckier than many people down here because at least we didn't die in the worst natural disaster in the history of our nation."

It never ceeses to amaze me that people on this forums are so willing to discredit the people who are living with with tragedy every day.

Reactions: Latreia
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scribbler said:
Hurricane Isaac? I can't seem to find any relevent info on a destructive Hurricane Isaac hitting the US. All I can find is stuff about Hurricane Isaac in 2000, and it stayed mostly offshore.

from wikipedia:
Isaac was a powerful Cape Verde-type hurricane that remained at sea. It becamed a named storm on September 22. Isaac moved west-northwest for the next week, strengthening as it moved. As it reached Category 4 intensity with 140 mph winds, it began a turn from moving northwest to a more northeasterly track. During the turn, Isaac weakened greatly and by October 1 had fallen to tropical storm strength. Later that day, it became extratropical. The extratropical storm continued to the northeast, and was absorbed by a larger low pressure system north of Scotland. Although it remained well away from North America, Isaac generated waves that capsized a boat off Long Island, and one of the passengers drowned.

Maybe you are reffering to a much earlier storm?

edit to add: Looking through Wikipedia's section on hurricanes where it mentions notable storms, there is no Hurricane Issac mentioned. Are you sure you aren't thinking of something else? And from that same section:

On August 28, 2005, Hurricane Katrina made landfall to Louisiana, United States and nearby states. The US National Hurricane Center, in its August review of the tropical storm season stated that Katrina was probably the worst natural disaster in US history. Its death toll is believed to run into the thousands, mainly from flooding and the aftermath.

We still have yet to see what the actual deathtoll is, though it is probably much lower than initially expected.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder what kind of doctor he is?

Medical? You can bet I would not let him treat me.
Educational? You can bet I would not learn from him.
Theological? You can definitely bet I would choose not to learn from him.

What a joke. Sorry, folks. I don't care how much you dislike the administration- No matter how much I disliked any administration, I would be respectful to the position held within, no matter what human body held the title. Idiot. He was speaking to the Vice President of the United States of America. No matter what one feels, I would not speak to anyone like that...President of the US or A CASHIER AT WAL-MART.

This guy has no manners, is immature, and an embarrassment. He will be forever remember for that...wherever he goes, whatever he does. Poor thing... and I am sure he word so hard for that doctorate.

Upvote 0

BeautyForAshes

Senior Veteran
Sep 19, 2004
Kansas
✟20,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
NothingButTheBlood said:
Can't say I'm impressed with a man who's only claim to fame is I can curse out the Vice-President on tv.

ROTFL C'mon now - he's a celebrity now which means he is an expert on whatever subject matter he feels like talking about. :)

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
stlsweeti said:
From what I can tell, Scribbler is reffering to the Galveston,TX storm in 1900. There is a book titled Isaac's Storm. ? I dunno.

That may be it, but that was before they were naming storms, the book is named after the character.

In terms of damage, I'm sure Katrina was much more destructive, and we're going to be feeling the effects of it for a while yet to come. In terms of lives, we'll have to wait and see about that.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
trunks2k said:
Hurricane Isaac? I can't seem to find any relevent info on a destructive Hurricane Isaac hitting the US. All I can find is stuff about Hurricane Isaac in 2000, and it stayed mostly offshore.
Maybe you are reffering to a much earlier storm?
edit to add: Looking through Wikipedia's section on hurricanes where it mentions notable storms, there is no Hurricane Issac mentioned. Are you sure you aren't thinking of something else? .
My mistake. I was referring to the galveston hurricane. I hadn't read the book, I saw a short documentary on it a few years back. Isaac's Storm was the book. I'd assumed it ad been called Isaac. The death toll was 6000+, signifigantly higher than Katrina. From my recollection, almost every building was wiped out as well.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
kermit said:
It never ceeses to amaze me that people on this forums are so willing to discredit the people who are living with with tragedy every day.
I never ceases to amaze me how the left ignores all other victims to choose it's 'spokesmen'. Countless Soldiers families support Bush, but Sheehan dominates to debate. One doctor curses and insults the President & VP, and the left rallies around him during this time of tragedy. Because he lost his house, or becuse he attcked the VP? Would you be so inclined to defend him had he praised the VP?

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scribbler said:
My mistake. I was referring to the galveston hurricane. I hadn't read the book, I saw a short documentary on it a few years back. Isaac's Storm was the book. I'd assumed it ad been called Isaac. The death toll was 6000+, signifigantly higher than Katrina. From my recollection, almost every building was wiped out as well.

OK. Then it just depends on how you define what "disasterous" as being. In terms of dead, well we still have a long ways to go before we know how many people died in Katrina. The city is still flooded, houses have to be searched, bodies may have been eaten, etc. I think it's still a bit premature to make a call in that department.

In terms of wholesale damage, the Galveston hurricane damaged mainly galveston, even if did completely destroy the town. Katrina did more damage over a wider area and probably gets the "more overall damage" award simply by virue of there being a lot more people.

In terms of economic damage, Katrina wins hands down.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
NothingButTheBlood said:
Can't say I'm impressed with a man who's only claim to fame is I can curse out the Vice-President on tv.
And that's enough to give his 14 minutes and 59 seconds of fame.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Scribbler said:
I never ceases to amaze me how the left ignores all other victims to choose it's 'spokesmen'. Countless Soldiers families support Bush, but Sheehan dominates to debate. One doctor curses and insults the President & VP, and the left rallies around him during this time of tragedy. Because he lost his house, or becuse he attcked the VP? Would you be so inclined to defend him had he praised the VP?
These people have more than every right to express their views no matter what that view may be.

I have seen many time over the past week or so where people have chastized victims for bad-mouthing the goverment. One person went as far as to call some first responders "partisan" for their criticism of FEMA; these people hadn't slept in days and had saved many lives. Quite honestly, I find it disgusting.

It seems, to some, when a firefighter runs into a collasping building he deserves repect, but when he wades chest-deep in pudrid water to save a life he doesn't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingButTheBlood

Feb 27, 2005
✟4,508.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
kermit said:
These people have more than every right to express their views no matter what that view may be.

I have seen many time over the past week or so where people have chastized victims for bad-mouthing the goverment. One person went as far as to call some first responders "partisan" for their criticism of FEMA; these people hadn't slept in days and had saved many lives. Quite honestly, I find it disgusting.

It seems, to some, when a firefighter runs into a collasping building he deserves repect, but when he wades chest-deep in pudrid water to save a life he doesn't.

What the heck are you talking about? Who said firefighters don't deserve respect? Critising and going out of your way to curse someone out are two different things. Then to video tape yourself and sell it is even more low-life. I wouldn't be impressed if someone did it to Kennedy or Clinton either.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
kermit said:
These people have more than every right to express their views no matter what that view may be..
And noones denying that right. Since when does criticism amount to censorship? Speak your view...But don't sell a tape of you cursing the VP online and cry foul whan a little criticism rolls your way, amigo.

kermit said:
Then take it up with him, and don't lump us in together. Don't see what that has to do with selling a tape of yourself cursing the VP on eBay, though.
kermit said:
Firefighters? Collapsing buildings? Somebody's strawman must have caught fire....;)

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Scribbler said:
Firefighters? Collapsing buildings? Somebody's strawman must have caught fire....;)
It might be a strawman if it weren't true. A group of EMTs have been drug through the mud for calling the federal response "racist and inept". Their comment was made during a short break from their round-the-clock shifts.

So here we see the hypocracy of many on the right. Two tragedies, two groups of heros. Only one get's their unconditional respect.

Upvote 0

Scribbler

Dec 9, 2004
right behind you.
Visit site
✟25,722.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
kermit said:
It might be a strawman if it weren't true. A group of EMTs have been drug through the mud for calling the federal response "racist and inept". Their comment was made during a short break from their round-the-clock shifts.
So here we see the hypocracy of many on the right. Two tragedies, two groups of heros. Only one get's their unconditional respect.
Two groups? Unconditional respect? What? For pity's sake,kermit, I'm talking about the guy in mississippi selling a tape of himself cursing the VP on ebay...the original topic, remember? If someone is dragging Firefighters et al. through the mud, take it up with them, stay OT, and again- don't lump us in together. Stop building a strawman.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Scribbler said:
Two groups? Unconditional respect? What? For pity's sake,kermit, I'm talking about the guy in mississippi selling a tape of himself cursing the VP on ebay...the original topic, remember? If someone is dragging Firefighters et al. through the mud, take it up with them, stay OT, and again- don't lump us in together. Stop building a strawman.
I'm sorry I got side tracked from my original point. Few of us have lived through the type of thing that Katrina survivors of experiencing. Until we do we have little right to criticize their actions or words.

It's like criticizing a Titanic surivor for getting mad that they weren't warned about the iceburg. We have haven't earned that right.

You can criticize Dr. Marble for what he said, but you haven't earned that right.

Upvote 0