Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I am in favour of hate speech laws, because I think a lot of hateful speech encourages a negative and possible violent worldview, but I think this has gone a little too far. The law is not about enforcing social niceties, it's about prohibiting speech that attacks individuals and promotes aggression or violence. Commenting that someone is gay or saying you disagree with homosexuality ought not be against the law. I think this will calm down after a while, but right now the whole legislation is new and people are going to be ultra sensitive about it.

Hate speech". There's a bright idea. No way anyone could manipulate that to suit their agenda, right?
rolleyes.gif

Oh, Canada: What have you done?
Honestly, what is your obsession with agendas? Everytime someone homosexual makes a move, you start on the agenda rhetoric. Everyone has an agenda, everyone has things they would like to accomplish and would prefer to see. It's not always bad. If you ask me, anyone who purports to believe in the doctrine of Christianity would be in support of the gay agenda, since gays are seeking social tolerance and Christians claim to believe in the love your neighbor stuff. What has Canada done? Sought to make the world a little better by denouncing hatred and speech that instigates violence. Oh, but that's soooo wrong, isn't it. :pink:

Upvote 0

Jacob4Jesus

Dork For Jesus and Proud of It
Sep 18, 2003
Wauconda, IL
✟3,922.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think we should all go to Canda, act really gay, get called names and then makes lots of money through the Canadian Court System. All my life, I have been looking for the ideal job. Now I found it. ;)

Reactions: lilray
Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jacob4Jesus said:
I think we should all go to Canda, act really gay, get called names and then makes lots of money through the Canadian Court System. All my life, I have been looking for the ideal job. Now I found it. ;)

But will they also provide benefits?

Oh -wait a minute - national health care!

*** sings: "OHHHHHH CAAAAAAAnaDAAAAAAAA"

Reactions: lilray
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lilray

May 3, 2004
✟8,613.00
Faith
Non-Denom
drfeelgood said:
Canadian.. They have the biggest payouts.. I mean.. $1000.. All at once!! I'd be rich!!!

:D
oh puhhhhhhhhhhlease... think outside the box, doc... why go for 1,000s when we could go for miiiiiiiiiiillions!!.. **does the Dr. Eviiiiiiiiiil laugh** have #2 devise a plan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums