Man Sues After Using Glue-Covered Toilet.

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's what I don't get about this trick...

What sort of glue stays liquid long enough to be able to put it on a toilet seat as a gag, but sets quick and strong enough that someone sitting on it will be stuck before they realise they are sitting on something and get up?

I just can't imagine it really working.

Superglue, which is about the only glue I can think of that would work tends to get flakey pretty soon after application. This prank would surely have a pretty narrow window of opportunity.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Eep...if this guy really did get stuck to a toilet seat by someone else's hand, I hope he gets something! (around, oh, $100-300 bucks for his time and pain, perhaps?)

Sycophant said:
What sort of glue stays liquid long enough to be able to put it on a toilet seat as a gag, but sets quick and strong enough that someone sitting on it will be stuck before they realise they are sitting on something and get up?

Even white glue can be quite annoying-it can seem like a harmless pool of glue, and then wammo!-you accidentally get some on your finger, and don't notice, and you put rest your sticky finger on your other arm to think, and then it's hair-pulling unsticking time a minute later.

However, regular white glue generally doesn't stick to plastic very easily-there are more specialized non-toxic craft glues that stick to plastic, though, but they take a little longer to dry-and though it would be uncomfortable to remove his upper thighs from the sticky situation, due to the surface area covered by glue, it would be more akin to removing a huge band-aid (or waxing your legs!) than true, major, horrific pain (in theory.

Then there are all sorts of specialty glues that might just set up on contact- if the glue was applied to the seat just before someone sat down, the sitter could be glued quite quickly and a major amount of forced would be needed, which would be akin to removing a super-glued bandaid (ouch!)

Working with crafts a lot, I've had all sorts of sticky situations-from white glue (tickles to pull it off) to duck tape (like waxing your legs) and water-based contact glue (like a strong band-aid coming off) to hot glue (OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW)

I've also heard many times that the toilet seats are actually quite clean-upper thighs aren't that dirty, because they're covered in cloth all the time, or something like that.

(I just realized how long my post is...I have a little too much experience with glue-on-skin contact!:doh: :p )

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sycophant said:
Here's what I don't get about this trick...

I just can't imagine it really working.

Superglue, which is about the only glue I can think of that would work tends to get flakey pretty soon after application. This prank would surely have a pretty narrow window of opportunity.

There are some construction glues that you actually have to let dry.. but then when you slap down whatever you're gluing it's stuck... REALLY WELL.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sabina41 said:
Not to be argumentative, because I always wipe the seat first, but toilet seats are cold, dry and in bright light. The exact opposites of where bacteria, etc. want to grow. Certainly if there's a visible mess there don't sit on it, but you're not going to catch some horrible disease from a toilet seat. In fact, most people's kitchen sinks are dirtier and harbor more bacteria than a toilet seat does.

Just a thought...:p

Personally, I don't like using public toilets either unless they have those sanitary seat coverings. Unfortunately, most places don't have those. I think it should be a requirement that they either have those or them little cleanser dispensers that you use to wipe the toilet clean before using it.

Upvote 0

SallyNow

Blame it on the SOCK GNOMES!
May 14, 2004
Canada
✟18,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Billy Batson said:
dumb nurses. hair spray and probably most aerosol based sprays would have dissolved the glue.

The nurses were not being dumb at all. They were being medical professionals, working with the information that they had. Yes, often hair spray unglues some glues-but with with other glues it could react badly.

I'm not sure why you attack nurses-they are not mentioned anywhere in the story.

Nursing is a very important, tough, educated, and skilled profession. It's not easy at all, and no nurse makes it through being "dumb" -anything less than "smart and quick thinking" fails out of nursing school pretty quickly.

It looks like all that could be done was done-except that by the Home Depot staff, who could have reacted quicker (then again, they may have thought the man was pranking them, and that he would then do something to them-it is mentioned that one of the staff that was notified thought it was a prank in the first place) It's a sad world we live in when everyone has to be suspicious (and critical) of everyone else. :sigh:

Upvote 0