Man Sues After Using Glue-Covered Toilet.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Billy Batson

Nov 15, 2004
jesusland :'(
✟1,009.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
i miss when people were once reasonable. if he were passing by, i'm sure he'd have thought it to be a prank, too. and his line that he knows it not their fault doesn't work in his favor at all. i hope he looses. no need to become unglued like that and raise a stink.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
not to open a can of stink....

but do people really sit on public commodes?

That's as gross as touching the bathroom handle when you leave seeing as if you watch people they don't even wash their hands. Basicly, you are sitting on a bunch of butts. ;)

Upvote 0

Sabina41

Oct 27, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟944.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Talmidah said:
He should have at least put a few of those sanitary toilet seat covers on before he sat down. I can't imagine anyone sitting on a public toilet anyway. :sick:

Not to be argumentative, because I always wipe the seat first, but toilet seats are cold, dry and in bright light. The exact opposites of where bacteria, etc. want to grow. Certainly if there's a visible mess there don't sit on it, but you're not going to catch some horrible disease from a toilet seat. In fact, most people's kitchen sinks are dirtier and harbor more bacteria than a toilet seat does.

Just a thought...:p

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ginny said:
not to open a can of stink....

but do people really sit on public commodes?

That's as gross as touching the bathroom handle when you leave seeing as if you watch people they don't even wash their hands. Basicly, you are sitting on a bunch of butts. ;)

This reminds me of a story:

I was out to brunch with some friends and my son who at the time was around 3 or 4 was with us. My girlfriend had to go to the bathroom and my son said he did too, so she too him. Well he gets in there and tells her at the top of his lungs, "My Mommy says I can't touch anything!" ^_^

What a good little boy he was, now he is a teenager and well you can imagine.

No, he is a good kid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Talmidah

היום כולם יודעים - הרב כהנא צדק
Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Sabina41 said:
Not to be argumentative, because I always wipe the seat first, but toilet seats are cold, dry and in bright light. The exact opposites of where bacteria, etc. want to grow. Certainly if there's a visible mess there don't sit on it, but you're not going to catch some horrible disease from a toilet seat. In fact, most people's kitchen sinks are dirtier and harbor more bacteria than a toilet seat does.

That's all probably true. I saw a show a couple weeks ago that said there is more bacteria on the handle to flush and the door handle leading out of the restroom than on the toilet seat...but the thought of sitting where someone else's bare bottom has been...it is just so digusting!!!:sick:

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sabina41 said:
Not to be argumentative, because I always wipe the seat first, but toilet seats are cold, dry and in bright light. The exact opposites of where bacteria, etc. want to grow. Certainly if there's a visible mess there don't sit on it, but you're not going to catch some horrible disease from a toilet seat.

then by all means.....

i would probably not catch a disease if my bare bottom was splat right next to a stranger's bare bottom, but you still won't see me sitting on a commode just b/c "I don't see anything". Sitting on a public commode is comparable (to me) as sitting on the same bare bottoms that sat on the same commode that same day.

Sabina41 said:
In fact, most people's kitchen sinks are dirtier and harbor more bacteria than a toilet seat does.

Then let's start washing our dishes in the toilet.......^_^

Upvote 0

Talmidah

Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Ginny said:
i would probably not catch a disease if my bare bottom was splat right next to a stranger's bare bottom, but you still won't see me sitting on a commode just b/c "I don't see anything". Sitting on a public commode is comparable (to me) as sitting on the same bare bottoms that sat on the same commode that same day.

I'm definitely with Ginny on this one!

Upvote 0

vanshan

A Sinner
Mar 5, 2004
✟13,268.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had a friend who had a very embarrassing incident a few years ago at Home Depot.

A friend was suffering with a stomach bug . . . . which is how all the best stories begin, right? ;) . . . and was shopping with his wife at Home Depot. Well, all of the sudden he had to run to the bathroom as quickly as possible, but arrived a few steps late and had an accident while trying to pull his boxers down. It was a stinky, sticky mess. There was little he could do, so he cleaned up and removed his soiled boxers and left them on the bathroom floor--he couldn't wear them or find anyway to carry them to the trash or bag 'em to take home . . . he said he felt very bad (both phsically from the bug and for the mess I left for someone to clean up). What made it even funnier was that he was wearing a pair of halloween boxers which had a jack-o-lantern print--no doubt a trick, not a treat, for the minimum-wage-earning employee who had to dispose of them.

Basil

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Talmidah

Dec 15, 2003
Visit site
✟32,660.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
vanshan said:
There was little he could do, so he cleaned up and removed my soiled boxers and left them on the bathroom floor--he couldn't wear them or find anyway to carry them to the trash or bag 'em to take home

ROFLOL!!! :D

Upvote 0

BOJAX

Vaccinated with a phonograph needle.
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Visit site
✟2,542.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
vanshan said:
I had a friend who had a very embarrassing incident a few years ago at Home Depot.

A friend was suffering with a stomach bug . . . . which is how all the best stories begin, right? ;) . . . and was shopping with his wife at Home Depot. Well, all of the sudden he had to run to the bathroom as quickly as possible, but arrived a few steps late and had an accident while trying to pull his boxers down. It was a stinky, sticky mess. There was little he could do, so he cleaned up and removed his soiled boxers and left them on the bathroom floor--he couldn't wear them or find anyway to carry them to the trash or bag 'em to take home . . . he said he felt very bad (both phsically from the bug and for the mess I left for someone to clean up). What made it even funnier was that he was wearing a pair of halloween boxers which had a jack-o-lantern print--no doubt a trick, not a treat, for the minimum-wage-earning employee who had to dispose of them.

Basil

lol:D

thankfully I never had a public number 2 since age 5
story kinda ended up like yours vanshan but ummm
i had kept the underwear

Upvote 0

MidnightBlue

June Carter, pray for us!
May 16, 2005
✟11,111.00
Faith
Talmidah said:
That's all probably true. I saw a show a couple weeks ago that said there is more bacteria on the handle to flush and the door handle leading out of the restroom than on the toilet seat...but the thought of sitting where someone else's bare bottom has been...it is just so digusting!!!:sick:
Not to reveal too much neurosis at once here, but you might want to follow my Rules For Peace Of Mind In Public Restrooms:

1) If you can't do what you need to do standing, or at least hovering, go back home, or back to the hotel. Never let your rear end touch a seat you haven't cleaned unless it's a dire emergency. (And you did clean the seat in the hotel, because for all you know the housekeeper might wipe everything down with a used Kleenex.)

2) To be ready for dire emergencies, carry a pack of germicidal wipes in the car. (For the seat, not for you.) Make sure the seat is reasonably sanitary.

3) Look before you touch anything. There's no telling what the disgusting slob who preceded you has left on surfaces, or even on the toilet paper. (Especially on the toilet paper.)

4) Flush with your foot. (Assuming you're decently shod, and not running around barefoot in public restrooms.)

5) If at all possible, turn the water on and off with your elbow.

6) After washing your hands, dry them on a paper towel, if they have paper towels.

7) Use the paper towel or one of your germicidal wipes (your shirttail will do in a pinch) to turn the water off and open the door. If you touch the door handle, it will be wet. You'll know it's probably just water, but you won't really be sure, will you? As you exit, throw the paper towel back into the trash.

8) Be secure in the knowledge that although many people will just use any squalid accomodations without the slightest precaution and they're just as healthy as you, at least you can be pretty sure you're not walking around with some stranger's bodily fluids on your hands. And you will never be the person who got Super-glued to the seat at Home Depot.

Upvote 0