Man acquitted of sexual assault charges

K

KinderBee

Since when does a woman falling asleep give a man permisson to have sex with her? She asked for it because she was asleep? She didn't go to bed with him; she fell asleep on a sofa. The man was in the state of mind to remember to put on a condom but yet he claims he was unstable and didnt know what he was doing?:sigh: I don't even know why I look at these type of threads when I know I will get upset .

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Croc said:
Well it can happen and I have done the same thing myself, to my wife although she didn't mind it can happen. If she was more careful and not fallen asleep next to the man if she didn't want relations with him then this would not have happened.

I know these kinds of things can happen.

While I haven't had sex in my sleep, I have walked outside while sleeping -- stark naked -- and walked six blocks up the street, completely asleep the entire time.

My roommate (at the time) was the one who went out and retrieved me. I found out about the incident the next morning.

Upvote 0

mpshiel

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2003
I've been told "Sodom" so I guess that's close eno
Visit site
✟11,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard about this particular sleep disorder before and would be surprised if this was the first case that went to court. Legally, it is a bit like charging a sleepwalker for tresspassing - since the conscious mind did not do the act - sleepsomnia involved a predictive act - something which the person has already done many times before (which is why you don't get reports of people buying short of pork bellies while asleep). What is unusual about this case is that it is the person who is involved in sleepsomnia that is in the situation of being "violator" since usually, it is the person who finds out that they have been having sex (sometimes with people they don't want to, or have broken up with) while asleep and are upset that the other people NEVER EVEN noticed.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
KinderBee said:
The justice system is a fricking joke.Sexsomnia? Give me a break . If the man cannot control his actions then he needs to either be locked up or in a mental hospital for a very long time.

Well that is Canada and not the USA my friend.
It is sad but it is also sick.
That man needs to be beaten to death.

Upvote 0