Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
The Gregorian said:
Oh my goodness.. REVOLUTIONARY!... Light relative to a moving source is still C... within 10%... And how did we get a moving source to 10% C?
You weren't paying attention. The gamma rays were emitted from a source moving at approximately 0.5 of C and still the measured velocity was C to within 10%, not either 0.5 C or 1.5 C depending on the direction of the measurement as your claims would predict.

I notice that you didn't comment on this one. (bolds added)

Alvaeger F.J.M. Farley, J. Kjellman and I Wallin, Physics Letters 12, 260 (1964).Measured the speed of gamma rays from the decay of fast pi0 (~0.99975 c) to be c with a resolution of 400 parts per million.

The Frumious Bandersnatch

Upvote 0

Frumious Bandersnatch

Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
✟23,431.00
Faith
Unitarian
The Gregorian said:
But you'll have to explain that formula.... I see the math in it... but I don't automatically know what green letters symbolize.

This is the formula in question.

574e79fcd783f402f69907b6acbf7cd1.png

This formula comes from Maxwell's equations as I know I have told you before. The numbers represent the permittivity and permeability of free space. It was the realization that em radiation traveled through free space (no aether) that led the formula for the Lorentz Transformations and led to Einstein's famous paper on the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies. essentially the special relativity.

All of the questions about moving siblings and lack of simultaneity can be explained and calculated using the math in Einstien's paper and visualized using space time diagrams as explained on This Site which I pointed out before.

F.B.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
What always strikes me in these kinds of dicussions, now with Gregorian, but also with other people who do not want to accept a certain theory under any condition, is that they do not seem to realize the high level of coincidence they are proposing.

In this case also. Somehow, according to Gregorian, the disturbance of the atomic clocks by other factors (because time dilation is of course not the reason for the results we get) is exactly the same as the disturbance caused by reflection and breaking of lights in mirrors and the corrections we have to make for GPS etc etc. So all these experiments and observation, with all these different kind of disturbing variables, all give exactly the same mathematical results, can all be described using the same formulas, that coincidentally coincide precisely with what we would predict if time dilation as predicted by general relativity would be true.

Upvote 0

LordoftheLeftHand

Jun 6, 2006
✟15,226.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Gregorian said:
That's the problem. That is my exact point. The problem with the world is 'if it's in anyway wrong, we must completely replace it' 'if pro-choice is wrong, then the death penalty must be right' 'if Jesus wasn't God he must be nothing more than any other man' 'if there is no hell, there must be no heaven' 'if natural selection exists, we must have evolved from bubbles' 'my sock is wet so I have to change all my clothes'

People assume way too much... The math works look at the GPS system... keep the math... lose the illogical assumptions that branch off from behind the math... Just because you can accurately remote control a satilite DOESN'T mean gravity doesn't exist (GR) or that time doesn't exist (SR) even though time and space are inseperable.

If the math works... keep the math. If the rest is illogical... but the CORRECT math into a logical explaination.

I think I've seen your argument summarized somewhere before. Thank goodness for Google; here it is.

LLH

Upvote 0

Maxwell511

Contributor
Jun 12, 2005
Utah County
✟16,130.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Frumious Bandersnatch said:
This is the formula in question.

574e79fcd783f402f69907b6acbf7cd1.png

This formula comes from Maxwell's equations as I know I have told you before. The numbers represent the permittivity and permeability of free space. It was the realization that em radiation traveled through free space (no aether) that led the formula for the Lorentz Transformations and led to Einstein's famous paper on the Electrodynamics of Moving Bodies. essentially the special relativity.

All of the questions about moving siblings and lack of simultaneity can be explained and calculated using the math in Einstien's paper and visualized using space time diagrams as explained on This Site which I pointed out before.

F.B.

What he said.

Upvote 0