Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Entertaining, cruel, ignorant...what are the implications of this app? I just heard about it on the news, and truthfully think it is an insult to men. I think it's likely no more than a male-bashing opportunity that will negatively impact not only their dating life, but also their self esteem - except for those guys who get rave reviews, who will likely get an over-blown ego, leading to an outbreak of narcissism.

Also, what happens when the men create one for their exes? I dunno....I really wish these women had not created this app....

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Honestly? It sounds dumb.
There are tons of "Hot-or-not" apps and games etc all over the internet.
This one just focus' on women's perception of men.
I'm sure a man-rating-woman one is already in the works.

Who cares?
You don't like it, don't get the app. :)

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Honestly? It sounds dumb.
There are tons of "Hot-or-not" apps and games etc all over the internet.
This one just focus' on women's perception of men.
I'm sure a man-rating-woman one is already in the works.

Who cares?
You don't like it, don't get the app. :)

I won't be getting the app. But it's not just about gossip about who's hot. This has the potential of doing some serious damage to reputation. I know that can be done anywhere with all this social media - and even irl without social media - but it is just one more way of spreading rumors and possibly destroying a person's whole life. Who knows what someone's post on one of these places will do to their career, for example. And it encourages more and more gossip, sin....

Upvote 0

Audiomechanic

^ My Name | v Things I say
Dec 16, 2005
Katy, TX
✟10,234.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Things like this make me want to quit the internet.

tumblr_m7oq5k17pY1r3084q.jpg

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'd never heard of it, so I went looking to find out what it is. (Lulu (app) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do think it's not a great idea to put that kind of information out there, not just because it's the internet and all that info, but good grief, if it ever comes back to you. :(

Not a good idea all around. :sorry:

Thanks for the link, I hadn't heard of it either.

It sounds hideous. Linking to their Facebook accounts? Not cool at all. And they really believe this protects women? Come on now. Though I disagree with someone quoted in the wiki that if there was an opposite sex version that there would be outrage. I'm not so sure that's true. It would be scandalous, but maybe no more so than this one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nice one!

You see, you can use anything for good. I may go and review my dh positively on it. :)

You should. It doesn't tie to his Facebook but it gets public information off of it like if he's married and where he's from. Nobody can see the review on Facebook. Just Lulu. We downloaded it to look at and it seems harmless. It's like those dumb quizzes you take online for fun. She did the review and showed me and we got a great laugh over it. I only got a 9.4. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, it's just another silly new thing in a sea of millions of new things that happen every day in the tech world. Things happen and change so quickly when it comes to technology, that nobody remembers what happened last week. I saw a disgusting app recently that puts an image of a mostly-naked girl on your phone, and her body parts "jiggle" when you touch them. It was absolutely revolting. The more unplugged I remain, the happier I am.

Upvote 0

Purge187

Former Prodigal.
May 22, 2011
Oxford, MA
✟29,807.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm glad to see women speaking up about this.

If there was a site that allowed men to slander their exes, the ladies of "The View" would be tripping all over themselves--as soon as they stopped laughing about that guy who was castrated by his wife.

The wonderful fruits of Feminism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just looked it up.

There are websites out there where women can freely submit information on a guy they have dated. (The information being truthful isn't a requirement).

Quite honestly I hate all of it.

Mostly because there is absolutely no requirement that the information be truthful. And it seems to be an idea beyond the comprehension of the creators of these things that perhaps women who have broken up with these guys or been turned down by these guys might post false information on them.

Might as well make it a gossip site where every man is the target of gossip. The information about as reliable as gossip too.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2013
✟7,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad to see women speaking up about this.

If there was a site that allowed men to slander their exes, the ladies of "The View" would be tripping all over themselves--as soon as they stopped laughing about that guy who was castrated by his wife.

The wonderful fruits of Feminism.

I checked it out. There's not much to be offended about. I really think something done the same way towards woman would not be taken poorly. Nobody can write comments or generate reviews. You answer personality questions about somebody else that are very superficial and it comes up with an arbitrary rating. It's also not aimed at exes. Friends and current girlfriends and ex girlfriends can rate guys. The descriptors that you can use to describe guys is very non-specific and openly interpreted to mean many things. A lot of them quite flattering.

I just thought it was more of a user-created match.com that's done in good fun. You can only review people on your Facebook friends list so that seems to really limit a lot of the random reviews. Most ratings for men didn't fall below 7 or 8. I saw one 5.6 I think.

Quick research shows several sites about ex-girlfriends that are much crueler. Nobody seems to care.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Quick research shows several sites about ex-girlfriends that are much crueler. Nobody seems to care.
Exactly. There are a million + 1 websites where men tear into women, and a million + 1 where women pull down men. :/ There are also 'cheater' websites where you can post about cheating men/women. That's life on the internet. I don't think that this website is any particularly more terrible than any other. And - the good thing - you don't have to look at any of them. :)

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The way I look at is that wise people always consider the source of their information. If a prospective employer were to use this as a way to determine character.......I don't think I'd want to work for someone that makes those types of calls in that way.

Upvote 0