Love Jesus or there is no Heaven for you.

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others

(John 14:21) “Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him”

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(John 14:21) “Whoever holds to my commandments and keeps them is the one who loves me; and whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and reveal myself to him”

(Matthew 7:21-23) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven. When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’ Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

:preach::amen::clap:

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you realize you just implied that those who prophesy, cast out demons, and work miracles in His name do not love Jesus?

You've made the love towards God a series of works, but excluded these specific works from that list by combining these two verses together to support your conclusion.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you realize you just implied that those who prophesy, cast out demons, and work miracles in His name do not love Jesus?

You've made the love towards God a series of works, but excluded these specific works from that list by combining these two verses together to support your conclusion.

Doesn't Jesus command us to destroy the works of the devil? He said as the Father has sent Me, now I send you, oh and by the way I was sent to destroy the works of the devil, so that is what you are to do! Does Jesus give us commands that He does not also equip us to fulfill or obey? Of course not, that's why we have the Holy Spirit. To give us power over the words of the devil to be witnesses to the world. In the process of sharing the gospel, we must also cast out demons, heal the sick, raise the dead, and cleanse lepers correct? (Matthew 10:7-8) As well as spreading the message of life, aka the gospel. (John 20:21; 1 John 3:8b) So to obey the commands of Christ is to love Him, you can't rightly say you love somebody that you disobey constantly can you? Also we are commanded to love each other, but obviously God over all else (John 14:15, 15:12, 17; 1 John 3:23-24)

Also in the Matthew passage what is the will of the Father? John 6:29-40 it is to believe in Jesus. Sounds a lot like Acts 16:31, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved." I don't see how you can draw the conclusion the OP's thread is unscriptural, which you don't directly accuse them of, but do so indirectly.

All they are saying is believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, which we all can agree is absolutely required for eternal life (John 3:16; 3:36; 14:6)
And to obey His commands to remain in His love and prove that we are His disciples (John 8:31; 13:34-35; 15:1-8)

Maybe I missed the point of this rebuttal but I fail to see how that is against God's Word. Should be interesting to see replies to this post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others

Would not want you to give people the wrong understanding of what I am saying.

This thread is showing that the only way one can love God is to hear his Word and live that word.

(Matthew 12:48-50) “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers? And stretching out his hand towards his disciples he said, ‘Here are my mother and my brothers. Anyone who does the will of may Father in heaven, he is my brother and sister and mother.” This verse should tell every one who Jesus loves.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Sorry, how exactly do you get this again? The second verse shows that there are in fact people who prophesy etc and do not love Jesus, as Jesus said He didn't know them. The second paragraph just loses me.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, how exactly do you get this again? The second verse shows that there are in fact people who prophesy etc and do not love Jesus, as Jesus said He didn't know them. The second paragraph just loses me.

Sure, the initial premise is that if you don’t love Jesus then you will not go to Heaven.

John 14:21 states that those who love Him keep His commandments. Since the premise states that only those who love Him go to heaven this means that only those who keep His commandments go to Heaven. (if A=B and B=C, then A=C)

Matthew 7:21-23 has people prophesying in His name, casting out demons, and performing miracles, not going to heaven.

So, if the premise is that those keeping the commandments go to heaven, and these people are not going to heaven, then these things they did are not the commandments of God, and because they are not doing the commandments of God, then according to John 14:21, they do not love Jesus.

Of course, as this is works righteousness, it’s all fictional and moot anyway.

Upvote 0

Leimeng

Sep 25, 2004
Arizona USA
✟1,772.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
~ Notice that they were cast out because even though they did the works that Christians are supposed to do (read the great commission for a start), they did not KNOW God. "... Depart from me, I never knew your..."
~ Relationship is the key. You must KNOW God. You can do all the things that Christians are supposed to do like laying hands on the sick, casting out demons and speaking in tounges but if you dont KNOW God, they are cast away.
~ The casting away was because they did not KNOW God, not because they did the works that Christians are supposed to be doing.
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
One can do commands but yet not have love for the Father. The Pharisees were so intrigued with commands that they started making up their own rather than seeking the Father heart of God. THey missed Y'shua because they were so wrapped up in the 'to do' without the 'love'.

On the other hand, one can say they love God and then not do anything He asks/requires! This type of person is also in error.

So basically, it goes back to the basics - faith without works is dead. I'd say the same is true with love, love that is in speech only is 'dead'.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟20,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There is no faith without works. There is no love without fruit of that love. No, works doesn't get me to heaven, but it does show/prove that I have true faith. One can not have true faith without works...period.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟20,793.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
One can do commands but yet not have love for the Father. The Pharisees were so intrigued with commands that they started making up their own rather than seeking the Father heart of God. THey missed Y'shua because they were so wrapped up in the 'to do' without the 'love'.

On the other hand, one can say they love God and then not do anything He asks/requires! This type of person is also in error.

So basically, it goes back to the basics - faith without works is dead. I'd say the same is true with love, love that is in speech only is 'dead'.

yeppers...

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have the Holy Spirit (faith and love and grace as well) inside you, and never let it show outwardly in the things you do.

Upvote 0

Laura Phillips

Laura Phillips
Mar 5, 2012
Heaven
✟8,052.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
That's silly.

If Jesus doesn't love you, there is no heaven for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sure, the initial premise is that if you don’t love Jesus then you will not go to Heaven.

John 14:21 states that those who love Him keep His commandments. Since the premise states that only those who love Him go to heaven this means that only those who keep His commandments go to Heaven. (if A=B and B=C, then A=C)

Matthew 7:21-23 has people prophesying in His name, casting out demons, and performing miracles, not going to heaven.

So, if the premise is that those keeping the commandments go to heaven, and these people are not going to heaven, then these things they did are not the commandments of God, and because they are not doing the commandments of God, then according to John 14:21, they do not love Jesus.

Of course, as this is works righteousness, it’s all fictional and moot anyway.

OK, now I understand. Good post. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Lindas Place

Oct 11, 2011
United States
✟16,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here’s what the disciples did to obey what Jesus commanded and receive the Holy Spirit forever… we can do the same.

(John 14:15-17)
"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever — the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

(John 16:30-31)
Now we can see that you know all things and that you do not even need to have anyone ask you questions. This makes us believe that you came from God. "You believe at last!" Jesus answered.

(John 17:6-8)
I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they HAVE obeyed your word. Now they know that everything you have given me comes from you. For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me.

(John 20:22)
And with that he breathed on them and said, Receive the Holy Spirit.
31But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession—to the praise of his glory Ephesians 1:13-14

Upvote 0

Lindas Place

Oct 11, 2011
United States
✟16,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not everyone who say’s to me Lord Lord…. This is more GOOD NEWS! For those who’s hope is in Christ.

They do not acknowledge Jesus is Lord.

Matthew 7
13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
15 Watch out for false prophets.

I (Jesus) am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out, and find pasture. John 10:9

They do not look to Jesus for salvation.

Matthew 721 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:40

They rely on their works for salvation.

Matthew 722 Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?'

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

They do not know Jesus.

Matthew 723 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone." As it is written: "See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame." Romans 9:31-33

his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.

If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward.

If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED,
but only as one escaping through the flames. 1 Corinthians 3 13-15

Upvote 0